Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Taco  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by backtotheland Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm so sorry about the news of your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers. I remember how I felt when we got the diagnose that my daughter, then seven years old, had leukemia. I held it together pretty well until I was brushing her hair and a clump came out in my hand. That was the hardest thing, besides loosing my Dad and Mom, that I have ever had to through. With God's help you will get through this.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 30 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Farmfresh Fri May 01, 2015 1:36 am

I will pray for her also.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri May 01, 2015 1:41 am

Thank you all so much. I appreciate the prayers for Lisa.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat May 02, 2015 10:26 am

Lisa had the colonoscopy done today. The G.I. doctor is sure it's cancer. He said the tumor is a little larger than a quarter in diameter. He did biopsies so we will know which stage by Tuesday afternoon.

Lisa is seeing a surgeon in Jackson on Monday to find out when the surgery will be done. The G.I. doc suggested radiation before surgery. He said the survival rate is higher when there is radiation and then surgery. I want what is best. But it's Lisa and her family's decision. Please continue to remember her in your prayers.

I haven't cooked today. We picked up biscuits and sausage, and coffee on the way to Meridian this morning. DH wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. He had a roast beef lunch special and I had a chicken sandwich. We had sandwiches for supper.

We have a swap meet/flea market tomorrow. DH has the tent set up and the truck loaded. He's going to take the truck load and get it set up and then come back to get me and the car load we have. I hope we can get rid of a lot of the leftover flea market booth items. It will help clean out the storage building and the storage unit we have rented.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 02, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear it is definitely cancer. Sad I'll keep praying for Lisa and all of you. I hope you sell everything at the flea market.

I ran a few errands this morning with my dh asleep in the passenger seat almost the whole time. Smile I came home and made egg salad sandwiches for us for lunch. After I rested a bit I made potato salad and cooked a preseasoned pork tenderloin for dinner. Other than that I didn't do anything, I just was too tired and sore to move. Sad

I'm planning to go to Meijer first thing in the morning to buy some hanging baskets for growing the moonflower and morning glories in on the canopy frame. I'm going to check out their plants just to see what they have. I also need to pick up some groceries while I'm there.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sat May 02, 2015 3:26 pm

I am sorry to hear that they found cancer, yet it is better to find it and treat it then to not find it. I will be praying for her and for the skill of the doctors.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sun May 03, 2015 7:35 am

Same here. Keep us updated.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 pm

I am very sorry to hear that it is cancer. I will be praying.
Yesterday friends were supposed to come for dinner but had a change of plans. I already had a pan of coney made & had bought potato salad, macaroni salad & cole slaw so we are having leftover today.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 05, 2015 5:05 am

Lisa saw the surgeon this morning and will be having surgery tomorrow. Not sure what time but it probably be in the afternoon since she doesn't have to be at admissions until 9:30. The doc is giving her time for another cleanse. Poor baby. She did one on Thursday.
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and will appreciate your continue prayers for Lisa.

I made scones this morning for breakfast. They were simple and pretty plain with cinnamon sugar sprinkled across the top. We also had bacon, eggs and pear preserves with the scones.

I may be out of pocket for a couple of days. If she is put in ICU I will not be back home until she comes out and is in a room. We live almost 100 miles from where she will be and I want to be closer until I know she's alright.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 05, 2015 5:42 am

{{{{MM}}}} I hope surgery goes well and her recovery is swift. I'll keep praying for all of you.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 05, 2015 5:51 am

Thank you Patrice.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 am

I'll put her on the prayer list at Bible study tomorrow.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Thank you, Dizzy.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed May 06, 2015 11:11 am

Lisa came through the surgery well. She was resting when we left. She had been in a lot of pain about an hour before and had been given some pain meds.

The area where the tumor was has been removed along with some of her small intestine and appendix because in the doctor's words "they were all matted up together." The tumor was stage 3 and Lisa will need chemo.

We are staying in Jackson tonight for one reason we want to be close to her if she needs us but also it was late when surgery was over and she was in her room.

Thank you all for being here for us. We appreciate it and will need your prayers for quite a while longer.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed May 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted. I am glad that the surgery was a success and that the doctors are ready with a course of treatment for her. I will keep her and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 am

Same here.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Ditto
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 09, 2015 2:50 am

I'm EXHAUSTED!!!! I did dishes then went out and mowed the backyard because we are supposed to get rain this afternoon. My ds mowed the front yard yesterday after school.

I also dug up some comfrey to take to my cousin tomorrow.

I'm making cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole for dinner tonight.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat May 09, 2015 4:22 am

We are home today.  Lisa had a lot of company yesterday and she was so tired last night that we decided to let her rest today.  She is supposed to be having company today too.  We will go back tomorrow if the Lord wills.

I had a lot to do in the house.  So far I have gotten four loads of clothes washed, two baskets of clothes folded and put away.  I have a load in the dryer to fold and put away when it finishes and then another load to dry.  Along with everything else that needed doing.

DH is sticking the green beans and I hope we can get some squash planted and the butter beans in the ground.

We have eaten so much "junk" this week that I'm looking forward to cooking tonight.  We're having BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, field peas, fried corn and cornbread. I could just eat some peas over cornbread. Good 'ol southern cooking sounds goods after restaurant and hospital cafeteria food for three days.

I hope all you Mothers  will have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 09, 2015 5:11 am

I'm glad your daughter is doing so well after her surgery. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers. I know what you mean about restaurant and hospital food. Wink I hope you get all your chores finished so you can sit and relax after dinner.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat May 09, 2015 9:48 am

Food sounds good.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

Lisa got to go home today. She is feeling better as are we. The doctor told her he removed 12 or 13 lymph nodes and there was NO cancer in any of them. He also told her that if he were to stage the cancer he would say between a 2 & 3. He told me right after the surgery it was a 3 but if he thinks it's less I will certainly be happy.

She has to go back for a check up in a week. She also has to see an oncologist but not sure exactly when yet. She has to recover some from the surgery before starting chemo.

Thank you all for your prayers and for your continued prayers. She is a very strong young lady but I know she has a long road ahead of her. May God bless all of you.

DH had an appointment today to get his hearing aids. It's amazing the difference. He can hear me whisper!!! No more screaming to make him hear me.

God is good all the time and I feel He has been more than good to the Robersons today. Truthfully He is more than good to the Robersons everyday!

I cooked some biscuits and bacon for breakfast before we left for Jackson this morning. Then I cooked some more biscuits along with some smoked sausage and scrambled eggs for supper tonight.

We are pretty tired. We've made five trips to the hospital in the last seven days. That's a two hundred mile round trip each time. Except for the night after Lisa's surgery and we stayed in Jackson that night.

Again thank you all for your prayers. We appreciate you.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 12, 2015 9:57 am

Glad to hear there was no cancer in the lymph nodes. That is a blessing.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 12, 2015 10:06 am

I'm glad the doctor is saying her cancer didn't spread to the lymph nodes. That hopefully means her recovery should be quicker. Wink

Yeah for the new hearing aids. Smile

Take time and relax a bit until you recover from your trips.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue May 12, 2015 10:13 am

Ditto to that.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next