Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:06 pm

It's two o'clock in the morning. I'm up because DH is having bad pain with the left knee. He tore the hamstring in his left leg almost a month ago and being a man who can't or won't sit down he kept going and now he's paying for it. I guess tomorrow I will call the orthopedic doc and see if there's anything he can do to help Hubby.

Our daughter, Lisa had gall bladder surgery last Wednesday. She went back to surgery at 7:30 in the morning and was leaving the hospital at 11:30 that same morning. She has done so well with this. She went back to work yesterday (Monday). Tomorrow she goes back to the oncologist but we doubt there will be a treatment because it's only been a week since the surgery. Todd is having radiation but has a burn bad enough that the oncologist is delaying the treatment for several days while the burn heals.

I hope you all are doing alright and everything is going good for you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 34 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Farmfresh Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:38 pm

It is hard for us stubborn ones to heal. Sitting and recovering seems like such a waste of time. I hope that your hubby can learn the lesson of patience while his body heals.

I am glad that Lisa did so well with her gall bladder surgery. I hope that both Todd and Lisa have good luck with their treatments.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Ditto to that.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Hugs and prayers for all of you. I'll second what FF said about us stubborn people. Sometimes it takes having the rug YANKED out from under us to make us slow down to heal. Wink I hope the orthopedic doctor can help your dh.

Glad that Lisa did so well with her surgery and hope Todd heals quickly from the burns.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:11 am

Thank you all. I hope that all is well you all. It is still pretty warm down this way and so far we haven't planted the first thing for a fall garden. Don't know if we will or not. I have some long flower pots on the front porch that I may plant kale in and a couple of large round ones I may plant some lettuces in. They may not look too cute planted in veggies but at least it will be a little green for winter. Also easy to tend also. DH has the chicken pen almost renovated but I think we may wait until spring to get more chickens. After he gets his knees taken care of I need to have eye surgery so it just seems better to wait.

Our anniversary is Friday. We'll be married 28 years and I'd marry him all over again. Smile This man loves my biological children as his own. I've seen him pace the floor worrying about them when they're sick. Lisa had a bad gallbladder attack a little over a week ago and he was raring to get to Jackson to be with her. She told us not to come because the ER was so full but he sure wanted to go. That in itself is a blessing. A lot of "Step" fathers don't care too much for the wife's children and vice versa. One of my many blessings.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:24 am

Happy Anniversary!!! Smile I hope you can have a nice meal or date to celebrate your special day.

It's finally cooled down here, temps are in the 60's for highs and 40's-50's for overnight. Fall weather has arrived and I'm loving it. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:36 am

Yep, he's a keeper.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 am

Seems it's been a while since I've posted on here. I've come by a few times and checked out the site. Things are going o.k. here. I hope you all are doing well and getting ready for that spring garden. Smile We plan to plant some tomatoes, peppers, squash and cucumbers this year and that will be about it. We have the raised beds and the last few years we haven't been very successful growing beans and peas so we're going to leave them off this year. Maybe we can buy some from the Farmer's Market. We don't have any chickens yet. Not sure we will get any. I would love to have a few but don't know if I'm up to taking care of them or not.

Lisa is on oral chemo because she couldn't tolerate the IV chemo meds. She has one more round which is two weeks of pills to go before she'll be finished with them. Next week is her week off between rounds. She had bloodwork done recently that indicated there is NO cancer in her body. Praise the Lord. Todd is taking chemo IV now. He is supposed to take twelve treatments however the doctor said they may stop at eight because he's getting neuropathy in both his hands and feet really bad. He also had bloodwork done that indicated there's NO cancer in his body. Praise the Lord again.

Everything else is going o.k. DH is staying busy working on building work tables, coffee tables and benches to go in the flea market booth.

Our youngest daughter's house was damaged by a tornado a few weeks ago. No one was injured and that in itself is a miracle. Several homes were destroyed in the subdivision she lives in. Again, no one was injured.

I'm doing better physically and mentally since my doc took me off some of the meds I was taking. I have more energy to do things that need to be done.

You all take care. I'll be checking back every once in a while.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am

Good news about the blood work results! God is amazing.

I am doing raised beds here too. Actually I have a collection of old stock tanks that I am using as garden beds. It should make gardening easy.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 am

Glad you are doing better health wise. Glad to hear that Lisa is cancer free, hopefully Todd can get all of his treatments without the neuropathy becoming a big issue.

Thank God that no one was hurt in the tornado, I hope your daughter's home can be repaired quickly.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:53 am

Good to see you posting, MM. Glad no one was hurt in the tornado. How scary!

I'm planning to have a garden this year and may try to get a worm farm going. Haven't done much as work and doctor's appointments and sewing takes up most of my time.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am

Glad to hear from you mountainmama. I hope your garden does well this year. You'll have to share how your worm farm goes.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34