Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 am

Today has been even better than yesterday. I picked enough green beans for our dinner tonight. Noticed there are a few little cucumbers on the vines and the peas are blooming great guns.

William went back to finish the sheetrock at Leaesa's house. Her Mom came down and asked William about fixing a area between two rooms that had never been closed up so Thursday he plans to do that. Tomorrow he has to go to Meridian to get his blood checked for Coumadin level and we have to go to Mamaw Roberson's house to cut the yard.

I have a few pears that I'd like to can on Thursday. I can't decide if I want to just can them plain or pickle them. I'm leaning toward pickling.

I'm glad that most of you are beginning to feel better. Sonshine, I'm praying that your new medicine will help your pain. That would be so wonderful.

For dinner tonight we had baked sweet potatoes, steamed cabbage, green beans, deer meatballs in gravy and cornbread.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 16 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:04 am

The weather has cooled down and it is supposed to rain here tonight and tomorrow. I LOVE the cooler weather!!!! Very Happy

I went out and picked the last of the tomatoes and peppers from the garden, many were still green but I'm done and really need to get it prepped this Fall. I'll be adding the chicken coop/yard cleanings and the leaves so it will be ready for Spring.

I've got to go see the neighbor about some of her apples, if they are any good, then I'll get them into the dehydrator.

I haven't done much this week, but I am making an extra effort to cook all of our meals at home this month. It was a challenge from another site and money is really tight, so it will help save us in the long run.

Tonight I made beef tips in gravy with egg noodles and a vegetable. Basically I made a "Hamburger Helper" type one pot dish by adding a bit extra water to the cooked beef and gravy then cooked the noodles right in the sauce. I can't wait for dinner, it tastes so yummy and has NO preservatives in it. Wink

Well, I hope you all are doing well and have a great rest of your day.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:58 am

Patrice, the beef tips and noodles sound really good. We are trying to do more cooking here at home. You're right about things getting tight. I've reached the first tier on my medicine plan and now am having to pay 86 percent of what the prescription costs. It's hurting!!!! I asked my doctor about getting off of some of the medicine and he just told me that I have too much going on with me to get off of any of it. Sad

William has signed up to substitute teach. He's already been called once and I hope he gets several more calls during the month and the coming months.

I've almost lost my voice again. I don't feel too bad just can't talk above a squeak. We're supposed to go to William's family reunion tomorrow. It's his Mom's side of the family. I have chicken and dressing in the refrigerator ready except for stirring in some eggs. I'll do that and bake it in the morning. We bought some of the chubs of corn and I have them in a baking pan to cook in the morning. I had thought about making deviled eggs but I think instead I'll cook some peas. and maybe a pan of cornbread. The usually have more desserts than other foods so I'm trying to have the foods other than desserts.

I don't usually go to this reunion because I don't know any of the older people but this year his uncle and aunt and two of his cousins that are about our age are planning to be there. At least I will know somebody. LOL

Miss Clara (Leaesa's Mom) gave us a squash when William was working on Leaesa's house. It's long and looks a little like a butternut squash the way it's shaped. When I cut into it the meat was fermented. So she brought us another one. This one is yellowish/orange on the outside and has bumps on it. I haven't cut it yet. I plan to use part of it for dinner tomorrow night. Any of you have any idea what kind of squash this is. Miss Clara said that the inside looks a little like a butternut. I've never seen one like this before.

For dinner tonight we had talipia, green beans and baked sweet potatoes.

I hope everyone is feeling better and you all have a blessed weekend.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:22 am

MM, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you get back to feeling like yourself quickly.

I know what you mean about your prescription plan, I ran out of coverage in the beginning of August and I am now paying like you are. Money will be really tight until coverage begins again in January, AFTER I pay the prescription deductible again. Sad

I hope you have a good time at the reunion and your voice hold out for it.

Well, I hope that everyone has a good weekend and enjoys the cooler weather we are getting now.

I grilled chicken breasts for dinner and my DS made some rice-a-roni to go with them. We also finished off the bottle of home canned applesauce we opened earlier in the week.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 am

Gorgeous weather here today! I've opened up the windows and we're enjoying the fresh air.

Patrice, I'm trying to cook all meals for two weeks without eating out at all. Not even a cup of iced tea or a small burger. It's hard! It will take determination, but we can do it!

Have a great weekend.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 am

mm, I know how hard it is when you can't even treat yourself to a cup of iced tea or a small burger. I did send DH to the little corner store for a Coca Cola this afternoon, I have been CRAVING one for days and finally caved. Embarassed

Our weather has been gorgeous, it warmed up to around 80* F today. I turned the air conditioning back on for a bit because I had the oven on for dinner and dessert. I made homemade tuna casserole and an apple crisp.

Tomorrow is our church picnic but I may not be able to go due to my back acting up. My sciatica has been flared up since Thursday evening with pain going down both legs. I haven't been to church in 2 weeks and I really would like to try to go, but we'll see how I feel in the morning.

Most of you remember me asking for prayers for Judie from church, the lady with the recurrent brain tumor. Well, things are not good and she really needs more prayers, she now has menengitis. She's in bad shape, she can't talk and isn't really coherant except to cry out when the pain meds wear off. On Monday she had the MRI scan that they ordered for the surgeon, but now has this major set back. She finished radiation about 2 weeks ago and still needs the surgery if she survives this infection.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 am

Things have been kind of weird around here. The weather is starting to cool down and we never got our fall garden planted, so you would think things would be kind of slow around here. But we had a puppet/clown workshop weekend last weekend. Next weekend we're doing a lock in for the children's church, plus we're trying to get things together for the harvest festival. Seems never ending, but it sure is good to be able to be back working with the kids.

For supper Joe picked up subway. I was going to make some spaghetti, but after doing some grocery shopping my legs and back weren't cooperating very well, so we had subs. We'll have the spaghetti tomorrow.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 am

From all the posts you all are very busy. We do what I call "piddling". We stay busy but some times it seems like we don't get a whole lot accomplished.

We're planning to pull up the late squash we planted since they started out good and them just quit making. We'll plant some greens in that bed. We have the turnip greens and mustard planted. I want to get the kale planted in the morning since we are supposed to have rain moving in. I'd like to put the kale in the bed where the squash are and the swiss chard in one of the beds we had green beans planted.

I noticed today that the Jalapeno plants are loaded with little peppers. We may get a crop from them after all. The other pepper plants have about died.

Our young hens have started laying. We're not getting but a couple a day from them but it shouldn't be long before all of them are laying. We have seven pullets from the hatch in March. Then I've counted four pullets out of the later hatches. That means we have ten roosters to go in the freezer from our younger chickens.

By the time we put the young roosters, the year old roosters, the white turkey, the five older hens and the nineteen rabbits in our meat freezer we should have a freezer pretty much full of meat. YAY!!!!

The peas have a lot of little peas on them. They should be ready within the next two weeks. I'm excited. We haven't planted peas in several years at least not a two beds of them.

William caught another skunk last night. I am about to think there's an endless supply of those rascals. He has the trap set again tonight. That's the fifth one he's caught this year.

We are working on refinishing some tables that we got from William's Mom's house. They are old and have about four layers of paint on the one we're working on now. It will be pretty when we get finished with it or I think it will.

For dinner tonight we had roasted chicken marinated with fresh herbs, cole slaw and I baked some of the squash my neighbor gave me. It was good but didn't taste like butternut squash to me. I'm going to save some of the seeds and try to grow some of them myself next spring if it's the Lord's will.

I hope you all will have a great week ahead and will feel good too. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Saturday we found a treadle sewing machine! YAY! We've been looking for a while, but had not been able to find one that is in decent shape and actually works. We found this one at an antique store near the base. It's a 1932 Singer. It has the original owners manual and all kinds of attachments. The wheel was hard to turn, but Joe oiled it up and now it turns so easy. We have some belts ordered. Can't wait to try it.

Patrice, I saw your post about the lady that works in the food pantry on HT. I don't know how I missed it here. I'm praying for her and hope you will keep us posted on how she's doing.

I don't know if the Metanx is working or not, but have been having a lot of misfires in my legs and feet the past couple of days. At least that tells me something is going on with my nerves. Praying that it's something good.

We had a wonderful service yesterday. We're getting close to completing our series on the Beatitudes. Yesterday was Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness sake. After the lessons we usually play a game. We did Bible baseball yesterday and one of our little ones was up to bat. Her team didn't think she would be able to answer the question, but she surprised them all when, before they could help her, she shouted out the answer. Made me feel good that these little ones are actually learning in there. Smile

Rain is coming in from the west for the next couple of days. It will be interesting to see if it affects me as bad as it usually does.

For supper yesterday we have spaghettie, salad and garlic bread. Tonight we're having BLTs and fries.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 am

We're planning to have homemade pizza for supper.
Sonshine, that's great about the sewing machine!
Patrice, I hope you're feeling better with your back today.
MM, so far we're fortunate not to have seen any skunks lately. We mostly get raccoons and possums.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:18 am

Today has been a pretty good day. I managed to get some cookies and cupcakes baked for the lock in on Saturday. I'll do some more tomorrow along with some brownie bites. For supper we're having corned beef and cabbage, sauted potatoes and glazed carrots. For supper last night we have steak fingers, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and brussel sprouts.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 am

I finally got the Swiss Chard planted. We planted the kale Monday but it started raining so hard we had to stop before we got the Chard in the ground. The turnip greens and mustard has started coming up.

We may have an early winter this year. The temps is supposed to be down in the 40s tonight. I'm enjoying the cooler weather especially since we can cut off the air conditioners and enjoy having the door opened but the peas aren't ready to pick and the cool weather isn't going to help them fill out. The vines are loaded too. Oh well, we didn't have a winter last year so I guess it's going to make up for it this year. Smile

We found some of William's Dad's shirts in a trunk after Mamaw passed away. I figured the fabric was dry rotted but it's not. I've pulled on it and twisted the fabric around and it hasn't torn so I've washed the shirts and dried them along with some blouses of Mamaw's that I got the other day when we were down there. I'm going to cut some six inch squares out and sew them together and make William a small quilt. I may take some of William's old shirts and use them for the edging. I think that would make him a nice little Christmas gift.

Mountainmomma, year before last we trapped nine possums and I don't know how many raccoons. This year it's skunks. LOL William has caught one possum but we haven't seen any raccoons yet and I hope we don't.

For dinner last night we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and great northern beans. Tonight we had pizza and pear cobbler.

William is working tomorrow in our oldest daughter's place. She's going with her Dad to get a biopsy done on his ribs where he broke them. The docs think the cancer has spread to his bones. He's not doing good. One of the doctors told him he may have a year. Of course we know God is in control and doctors only guess. Please continue to keep him and the children in your prayers.

I hope you all are feeling better and will have a great Thursday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Glad everyone is feeling a bit better this week. My back is a little better.

I have a HUGE praise, Medicare approved the Limbel (for my arthritis) so I only have to pay $50 a month for it. That will help out tremedously since I was stressing about where I was going to get an extra $136 a month. YEAH, thank you Lord for this blessing!

I was able to go see Judie when they brought her home yesterday. It is such a sad situation, but the family is coming to terms with it as best as they can. I made a pot of chili and took it with for them, I didn't want them to have to worry about making dinner while getting her settled in. She does not want a wake, just a memorial service so her daughter said she's going to start working on putting pictures together for that.

For dinner last night we had spaghetti with bread and butter. I was going to make garlic bread, but I was also coooking a meal for Judie's family and it was just too crazy to keep an eye on the bread so it wouldn't burn.

Tonight we are going out for our once a month family dinner night so I don't have to cook today.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Patrice, I'm glad that your going to have your Limbel covered. Medications are sure expensive. Enjoy your dinner out tonight.

Mississippi Momma, I wish I knew how to quilt. Sounds like a wonderful idea to make a quilt out of their clothes.

Today I'll be doing more baking. For supper I'm going to open a jar of the vegetable soup I put up and add some chicken to it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:08 am

So sorry about your friend, Patrice.

Tonight my oldest dd is making chicken and dumplings for dinner. She found a copycat recipe like the Cracker Barrel one and wants to try it.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:09 am

mountainmama wrote:So sorry about your friend, Patrice.

Tonight my oldest dd is making chicken and dumplings for dinner. She found a copycat recipe like the Cracker Barrel one and wants to try it.

Ooh, let us know how it turns out and if it's like Cracker Barrel's, please share the recipe. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 am

Does she need someone to test it for her?

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:03 am

I'm a bit under the weather today. Ragweed is blooming and it always affects my whole family.

Tonight for supper we're having pork chops, spanish rice and green beans.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:15 am

Sounds like a good dinner! I'm going to a campfire/weenie roast at the local nature center, so I'm not really sure what I'll be eating.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 am

Today hasn't been too bad. I do think I'm getting bronchitis. Sad
Tonight we have friends coming over for dinner. So I am making spaghetti, homemade garlic bread & I have two pear crisps made.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:24 am

Hi everyone Smile thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for me.

Sonshine and Kerrig, sorry to hear you both are under the weather. I'll say an extra prayer for both of you.

I have been running like a crazy person for the last 2 weeks and I am drained of all my energy. I spent the entire day napping. Very Happy I'm still tired but not so drained. The service for Judie will be Thursday evening at church and we'll be having a potluck dinner afterwards.

I got some good news yesterday at the endocrynologist's office......my A1c dropped from 10.1 in June to 9.2 this month. My cholesterol also dropped 16 points. The drop in numbers is essentially from only 1 month on my new medicine routine so we are very pleased with the way things are heading. I have to adjust the new fast acting insulin for each meal and keep a strict log for the next 3 months, but I don't have to go back to see her until January next year. Smile Smile

Dinner tonight was crumbles Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers and potatoes fried until crispy. I also served some sliced Italian bread/butter leftover from last night.

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the goergeous cooler weather.

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added something)
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 am

I have to admit, my dd made some good chicken 'n dumplings.

www.copykat.com/2009/02/03/cracker-barrel-old-country-store-dumplings

Last edited by mountainmama on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:32 am

mm that sounds yummy, I'll have to give it a try.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 am

Oh dear, I don't know how to make the link work. Anyway, if you google copykat for it, you can find it.

Thanks Patrice, I fixed it! Very Happy

Last edited by mountainmama on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 am

Just leave the www. through dumplings and erase the rest of the stuff
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next