Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Sonshine Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:40 am

Tell Wesley Happy Birthday. Sorry to hear about your oven going out. Was it still under warranty? I'm also sorry you're still dealing with fluid on your chest and pray that God will dry it up.

I haven't been doing much but laying on the couch since Friday. Isaac may not be hitting GA, but the barametric pressure that it's messing with is affecting me. We started getting bands of rain from it yesterday and are expecting this to go on for the next couple of days. The pain I'm experiencing is severe enough that the meds aren't touching it, so I'm a bundle of painful nerves right now. Trying to take motrin in between my regular pain meds to keep it under control.

Joe's going to attempt to make a tamale pie for supper tonight. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 15 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:25 am

Sonshine, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope this storm pushes through quickly. I told William yesterday that my hair was hurting. The storm is causing a lot of pain for me and I haven't been having a lot of fibro pain for a while.

Amy, please wish Wesley a happy birthday for me. I hope you're feeling better.

William went for a colonoscopy this morning. The doctor said he found three small polyps which he biopsied and we should hear in about a week. He said other than that everything looked fine. Will goes back in the morning for the endoscope. That is unless we are having storms by then. If the weather has gotten really bad we are to call and reschedule for later this week. That doctor was very caring and concerned about his patients traveling in stormy weather. I appreciate that in a doctor. Some don't care as long as they can get the tests they ordered done.

I had to drive home. I don't drive very often at all because of my eyesight. It rained on us almost all the way to Meridian. I ask the Lord to hold back the rain until we got home. It quit raining and we had sunshine almost all the way home and then it was cloudy but still no rain yet. God is so good that he hears even the smallest of concerns from His children. I just wanted to share this with you all. I thanked Him all the way home.

We ate a burger after William's test was finished. I think I'm going to make breakfast for dinner. Maybe some scrambled eggs and toast. William said he wanted something light.

You all take care and may God reach down His loving arms and hold you all there. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 am

Feeling much better. They put me on antibiotics to clear up the rest of the chest congestion.

We have basicilly given up on our garden. It has quit producing so I am about to turn the goat loose on it .
I hope and pray every one stays safe thru the storms.

I will be MIA next week. We are taking a family trip to Florida with my sister and mom and dad. They are taking the kids to Disney again.

For dinner we had speghetti. My oven is still not fixed they gave us the wrong part.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am

Amy, wish Wesley a belated Happy Birthday from me too.

Sorry to hear you all are in so much pain, I'll be praying for each of you.

Amy, I hope your infection clears up quickly. I'll be praying for safe travels and a good vacation for you and your family as well.

I'm glad William's procedure went well and will pray for his other one as well.

I was to the rheumetologist last week and he gave me samples of Limbrel to try. It seems to be helping reduce my swelling a bit, however I found out today that my insurance won't cover it. It is a prescription "Medicinal Food Product" so we'll have to see if the doctor can send a letter and get an approval otherwise I can't afford to take it. it would cost $136 a month.

I have to go see the endocrinologist on Thursday and we'll see what she wants to do with my insulin. I have to really buckle down and watch my diet more closely.

Friday I'll be helping restock the food pantry for the new couple to take it over on their own this coming Sunday. I feel relieved, but sad too, that our time of running the pantry is coming to an end. I'll still help out whenever I feel up to it or they need help. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Saturday I am going to participate in a rubber stamp flea market to sell many of my rubber stamps that I'm no longer using. Hopefully the weather will hold out for us, the market is an outdoor even. The remnants of Issac are supposed to make it up here for the weekend.

PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:06 am

Amy, I'm glad to hear the infection in your chest is getting better. I hope you continue to heal quickly.

Patrice, I hope your doctor can get the insurance company to pay for your medicine. William is taking a medicine his Plan D refused to pay for but the doctor called and they okayed the payment but it still cost us $129.00 a month. He needs it so we just shift stuff around to get it paid for.

Sonshine, I hope you're making it alright what with all this rain. I noticed on the weather channel that Georgia is getting a lot of rain also.

We are just now getting the rain and wind from Isaac. I don't think we've had five minutes solid break in rain today and it was raining when I got up about seven. We've been under tornado warnings several times today. There's been a good bit of damage in Meridian from high winds. Trees down and houses damaged down there.

William went yesterday for the endoscope. The doctor said he had to dialate William's esophagus also he has an area that is inflamed where his stomach and duedenum join. The doctor biopsied that area and we will hear from that the same time we hear from biopsies on his colon.

My Mom called a little while ago and told me that my Stepfather had gathered a five gallon can of pears. William went to pick them up so tomorrow (if the Lord wills) I will be peeling pears for preserves. She also said I could get more if I want them. I'd love to put up at least a dozen pints of pear preserves. A jar will be in each of the children's baskets for Christmas and then we'll have some to enjoy. I love pear preserves.

We are eating our larger meal for lunch now as the doctor told William to eat a smaller meal at night. So for lunch we had baked chicken, corn, and sauteed cabbage. We will be eating cereal for dinner. William is now on a high fiber/low fat diet. And I'm supposed to be eating low carb/low fat so maybe this will work out. I hope so.

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 am

Hope all are doing better. MM, it's been a rough time. I'll be glad when Isaac is just a distant memory.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 pm

We've had several tornado warnings today but we just had the first that was around our home. The way the weather guys were spotting the movement it was about two miles from our home. It moved in a northwestern path. We're under a watch until five in the morning.

I'm not fond of bad weather. Tornadoes scare me. This kind of weather also makes me have aches in places I didn't know I had.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 pm

tornadoes should scare everyone, but try not to fret. We sleep with a weather radio that has battery back up power. We have an escape plan, and safe areas ready to be occupied.

Isaac is due here around noon tomorrow, looking forward to the rain, but high winds are predicted. Already have significant wind speeds here
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:17 am

MM, stay safe. You're in my prayers.

Keith, Isaac is finally moving out of our area, although I'm still feeling it. I'll be glad to see the last of it. Being such a slow moving storm it can dump a lot of rain.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:03 am

Sonshine, I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope once the tropical storm moves on out you'll get to feeling better.

12acrehome, you're right everyone should be scared of tornadoes. I don't know if they should be as terrified of them (or bad weather) as I am. I used to keep children in my home and most of them were around two years old. When we had bad weather coming I'd put them in our hall with pillows to cover their heads and I'd close the door to the bedroom and the bathroom. I'd try to read to them to keep them from being afraid but I guess they could sense that I was scared and they would scream all the time they were in there but they did learn to put their little heads down and cover their heads with a pillow. As they got older and it started to storming they'd get their pillows and go to the hall and the they'd say "Heads down, booties up". LOL

Even though Isaac has moved on up into Missouri we are still getting a lot of rain. We have gotten three very hard rains today. One time we could hardly see the road from our house due to heavy rain. We live about a football field's lenght from the road.

I peeled pears today. I have a boiler in the frig with sugar on them. The boiler has 32 cups of pears in it. I still have more pears to peel tomorrow but my wrist and fingers got to hurting so bad that I couldn't get my fingers straightened from holding the knife. Pears are hard to peel. So I decided it was time to call a halt to pear peeling for today. I will have about the same amount to peel tomorrow when I finish cooking these and canning them.

We had pulled pork sandwiches and french fries for lunch. We will have our cereal in a little while. I'm learning what is good for you don't always taste the best. LOL Like high fiber cereal for example.

I hope you all have a great weekend. May God bless each of you.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Today has been better for me, the pain not quite as server. Didn't do much today. Joe is home for the next ten days, so that will be nice. We hope to make some cheese and some soap while he's off.

For supper we had braised beef short ribs, mac and cheese and spinach.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:50 am

Sonshine, I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you continue to improve every day.

I have canned pear preserves and pear jelly today. Then I peeled enough pears and put sugar on them for at least five more pints of preserves. I still have to make the pickled pears and can some pears in sugar syrup. I peeled pears last night until my fingers were cramping up. LOL

We are still getting rain from Isaac. I guess it's from the after effects of the storm. We had two thunderstorms today with heavy rain. Our garden beds are going to be knee high with grass. It will be eay to pull out what with the soil being so wet. We'll have to be careful not to pull out the plants too.

William's aunt called today and told me they were coming to visit Monday. The uncle isn't but two years older than William. We will enjoy having them. They are big gardeners too. She cans more than she freezes. I may see if she will help me with my canner while she's here.

William went to pick up our dinner tonight since I was busy with the pears.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a good and restful Labor Day. LOL....That sounds like an oxymoron doesn't.....restful Labor day!!!!

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:04 am

I hope everyone is feeling better today. I'm not feeling well. My whole face feels like it's got a heartbeat in it. My eyes are burning and watering. My nose is runny. I ache all over. This time it's not the weather. I think I have a sinus infection. I hope I feel better before tomorrow when our company is coming. I won't be very good company if I don't.

I canned five more pints of pear presrves and three pints of pickled pears today. I still have a half of a five gallon bucket to peel and put up but they will have to wait until the company leaves tomorrow. I'm about beat today.

We have had a beautiful day today. The sun has been shining and we've had no rain for the first time in over a week.

For dinner we had cheesy rice and chicken casserole, English peas, some of the pickled pears and sliced tomato.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day and a great week ahead.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 am

William called his uncle and asked them to come another time. I stayed in bed all day yesterday (Monday) and slept most of the time. I had fever up to 102.5 off and on during the day.

I went to the doctor today and he said I have infection and congestion. I got a steroid shot and a prescript for antibiotics and steroids. I hate that I am getting sick this early. It's not even fall yet and I'm starting with the congestion and sinus junk.

I got two e-mails today from a guy I graduated with. A woman we graduated with passed away and a guy we graduated with his wife passed away. That's so sad. As my sister says "We're getting to that age."

I hope you all had a great holiday and will have a good week ahead.

For dinner tonight we had chicken tenders marinated in Buffalo Wing sauce, cole slaw and french fries.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:41 am

Today is my step-son's 16th birthday. I picked him up early at school and of course we went and got his driver's license! So glad he is the last one to go through this with. Smile
Hubby picked up Dominoe's on the way home for Caleb's birthday & I baked him a triple decadent chocolate cake (Duncan Hines), I cheated!
Last week Jake was home 3 days from school sick with a cold, upper respiratory. Then dh was sick with it a few days and is still coughing. He's asleep on the couch now.
Then last night I started in with it & today I have just been dragging. I slept all afternoon.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am

MM, hope you're feeling better soon.

Kerrig, tell him happy birthday from us. Hope your family feels better soon.

Looks like Isaac just doesn't want to leave. The news here has been saying there's a good chance it will be coming back to our shores after a visit to the Gulf of Mexico. So, I'm still having to deal with it. I don't remember ever having a tropical storm hang around so long.

For supper tonight just had sandwiches.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm feeling some better. My right ear is bothering me now. The doc asked if it felt full. It didn't then but it does now and the left one is itching down in it so I may be getting an ear infection too.

Sunshine, I'm sorry you're still feeling the effects of Isaac. I thought he was about gone. Sure didn't know he was headed back our way.

Kerrig please wish Caleb a happy birthday from me. I hope you begin to feel better quickly.

I didn't get much accomplished today. Don't have much get up and go. I did a few household chores and that's it.

For dinner we had green salad, boiled shrimp and rolls. Quick and easy.

I hope you all have a great Thursday. May God bless each and every one of you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 am

It's so beautiful here today that one can't help but feel better. I'm getting caught up on my chores in the house. I still don't have a lot of energy but am doing better.

I got to smelling a skiunk about eleven o'clock this morning. I took off to the back door to alert William. He had caught another skunk in the trap. That's three already this fall. Ya'll I am so afraid we are going to walk up on one of those things and get sprayed. I think we have an outbreak of skunks around our house. Nobody else has mentioned being bothered by them and there's several people in our immediate vicinity that have chickens. Guess ours must be plumper. LOL

William and I are trying to come up with something to do to help supplement our income. Something we can do here at home. Any suggestions? I've suggested that we find old chairs that match and build garden benches out of them or paint the chairs and make them where we can sit flower pots in them. That's all I've come up with.

For dinner we are having homemade chicken and rice soup. It's smelling good and I actually feel hungry.

Wishing you all a very blessed Friday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 am

Glad everyone is starting to feel better. Smile My allergies have been horrible and my spine is hurting pretty badly from the pressure changes due to the weather. The new medicine the rhuemetologist gave me is helping most of my joints but isn't taking the spine pain away at this point. The new diabetes meds are helping to get my blood sugars back under control. Praise God for finally getting some medicines that help me, now if I could only get Medicare to pay for them. Wink

Kerrig, wish Caleb a Happy Belated Birthday from me.

I haven't gotten much done this week with the way I've been feeling. I was looking through the grocery sales fliers yesterday morning, debating whether to go get some Italian Sausage for the freezer because it was on sale cheap for Labor Day. You bought 1 package (24oz) at $5.99 and got the second free~~~~sale ended last night. The ad that starts today has the 48oz packages ON SALE for $8.97, that's a 50% increase in the price for the same weight......YIKES! I ran and picked up 4 of the 24oz packages for $12.00~~~that will be enough for 9-12 meals for our family of 3. I figures if we eat them as sandwiches then 1 link per person otherwise I use 2 links in spaghetti sauce, 2 links with fried potatoes and 2 links when I make homemade pizzas. I will repackage them according to the meals I want to make and get them into the freezer tomorrow.

I also need to get the box of tomatoes I brought home 2 days ago from the food pantry processed into tomato sauce tomorrow. I also have several zucchini to shred and bell peppers to chop and get into the freezer as well. I REALLY need to clean the freezers out and get them better organized soon too. I was planning on doing up the tomatoes this afternoon until the water department shut the water off to the entire subdivision this afternoon. We are now under a boil order for the next 48 hours.

I did manage to get several containers of instant oatmeal set-up for my DH to make for himself. All he has to do is measure the water, put it into a pot, add the oatmeal and then cook until it's heated through. I made apple cinnamon packages up. Yummy!

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added domething)
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 am

Didn't do much today because of pain. We were suppose to do a puppet workshop today and a clown workshop tomorrow. Joe is taking care of the workshop tonight and I pray I'm able to do the one for tomorrow.

For supper we had porkchops, mac and cheese, sweet peas and brussel sprouts.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:49 am

I got a few things done, even with my back killing me. I managed to get the tomatoes peeled and chopped, I'll can them tomorrow. I also got the bell peppers cleaned, diced and into the freezer. I still have zucchini to shred and bag for the freezer as well as to repackage the Italian Sausage. Anybody know if it's still ok to shred zucchini if I peeled and seeded it a couple of days ago? I've had it covered at room temperature and it still smells ok.

For dinner were had stuff from a local fastfood place because I just couldn't cook. I really hope the rain moves out tonight and my back settles down already.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 am

Yesterday I managed to get 8 pints of tomatoes canned and 2 pint sized bags into the freezer. I also got the Italian sausages repackaged and into the freezer.

Last night I made fresh tomato spaghetti for dinner using some of the tomatoes as well as fresh garlic from my garden. I used 2 of the links of Italian sausage and angel hair pasta. It always tastes so good, but I usually only make enough for 1 meal to help with portion control.

Tonight I made Baked Italian seasoned chicken breasts with stuffing and a can of veggies. I also made a pan of brownies as long as I had the oven on.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:29 am

I hope everyone is feeling better. We've had a beautiful day here today. Cool temps and the sky has been so blue that it was breathtaking. We're supposed to have a cool morning again in the morning. If nothing happens I hope we can sit on the porch to drink coffee. The humidity is way down too so it will not hinder the asthma.

I'm still not feeling good. I'm able to get more chores done but I can't catch my breath sometimes and then I start coughing and cough so hard that I can't breath. It's a frightening.

My children had a family reunion yesterday on their Dad's side of the family. I had forgotten that it was their reunion weekend. Our son came down from North Mississippi. The oldest daughter called and said she and her husband were coming over (she knows I still wear my gown most of the time) and then she told me that our son was down from North Mississippi. Of course, I had to get dressed. LOL Anyway they came over....Son, Mark, daughter, Sandi and SIL Richard. William went to town and picked up some chicken and they ate with us. I enjoy having our chldren with us so much.

We haven't ventured out today. I watched some sermons on t.v. because I just didn't feel up to going out to church. Also the cough is so aggravating and I feel sure it would have been disturbing.

William decided he wanted a baked potato for dinner. I baked some potatoes and made loaded potatoes. I also heated some stew that I had taken out of the freezer yesterday for our dinner. Wasn't enough for five so I put it back in the frig.

William caught another skunk in his trap yesterday morning. That's four in about three weeks.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. May God bless each one of you is my prayer.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 am

I woke up this morning feeling much better. Still coughing some but I actually feel human again. Haven't done much today though.

William worked on our friend, Leaesa's house trying to repair holes in the bedroom wall that a renter put in it. He got the sheetrock replaces and two coats of the mud on it. He plans to go back in the morning to sand it down. Then her Mom will paint the wall again. Leaesa lives in Kansas so she can't get down here to do any repairs. She's like one of our children. I babysat her two oldest boys when they were little.

Her youngest son, Michael (he's seven now and this was a couple of years ago) was going to introduce me to one of his great aunts. He put his hand out toward me and said "This is my....my.....my ahh mother-in-law" We cracked up. His grandmother said "No that's your other grandmother." Michael looked kind of confused and said "OH' and walked off. LOL We still joke with him about me being his MIL.

In the morning I think I will be able to pick enough green beans to have for dinner. Sounds good to me. The cucumbers are full of blooms and we've gotten a few squash. I hope the peas will be blooming soon. Sure would hate to have those two good looking beds of peas and get nothing off of them.

For dinner we had pizza. As my Mom used to say "I ain't been fit for nothing today." I did make a good breakfast though. Does that count. LOL

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 am

Today hasn't been too bad. I finally got started on my new meds and am praying they will take care of the nerve damage. The sun's been shining all day, PTL.

For supper I cheated and made hamburger helper, some type of taco thing that Joe picked up. Wasn't too bad, but figure I can make the same thing from scratch.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next