Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am

I hope everyone is feeling good and that you all have had a good weekend.
It's been raining here since last night and is supposed to rain through tomorrow according to the weather channel.

We have had a quiet weekend. Sandi and Richard came to eat lunch with us today and spent the afternoon here. William, Richard and Sandi watched the races this afternoon and I watched them watch the races. LOL
I'm not much of a sports fan but they enjoyed it and right now if Sandi can find something to take her mind off their Daddy for a while I don't mind at all the sports. She likes racing and baseball.

Our peas are about ready to pick. I hope we have enough to put several bags in the freezer.

I cooked chicken spaghetti, green beans and corn for lunch. We had pear cobbler and ice cream for dessert.

I like this chicken spaghetti recipe. It made enough for our lunch and then we had leftovers for dinner. I sent Mom and Dub a bowl for their lunch today and put three quart bags in the freezer.

I hope you all have a blessed week ahead.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 17 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by kerrig Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:40 pm

I love chicken spaghetti. I wish my husband would eat chicken but he won't. He won't eat turkey either.
Our weekend was pretty good. We didn't do a whole lot other than watch a couple movies and we had church yesterday.
I am still battling this bronchitis. And now I have sinus on top of it. But I don't like going to the doctor. For one we can't afford it and two I am just resistant. I am using Vicks on my chest and neck and that is helping with the coughing but if it's not better by the end of the week I'm going to give in and go.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Kerrig get some Mucinex D to help both the bronchitis and sinus issue.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:28 am

Actually I think I have some of that. I'll have to look in the medicine cabinet.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 am

Kerrig, I have also heard that you should put some vicks on the bottom of your feet. I've never tried it though, but have heard others that swear by it.

We're under tornado watch tonight. We had a good week-end and even though it rained Sunday I was able to teach children's church. People were shocked when they saw me come because the rain usually has me in bed. I think the Metanx is working. Having said that, last night and today I've been down with my back. So even though it seems to be working, I'm not completely there yet.

We had goulash and green beans for supper and are having peach cobbler with vanilla icecream for dessert.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 am

I hope you do well on it. I'm wondering if it would help me. I have L4, L5 nerve damage from a car accident, and, while it's not as bad as it was, I have issues w/my right leg from the knee down.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 am

You may want to ask your doctor about it. I know they have had good results with diabetic neuropathy, but I believe it's fairly new for use with neuropathy caused from injuries.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 am

I've done the Vicks on the bottom of the feet thing and it helps to break up congestion and lessen the duration of a cold.

Glad to hear your medicine is working somewhat Sonshine. Smile I still have bad days too when the weather changes, even though the Limbrel seems to be helping, it only helps to a certain point.

MM that spaghetti sounds good, too bad my DH doesn't like chicken. I can get him to eat it sometimes, so maybe I'll have to give it a try next time I want Italian food.

I made cheesedogs in biscuit dough for dinner tonight, kind of like bagel dogs. One of my son's friends was here, he's very picky eater, he loved them! Smile

PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 am

I had left over spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Now I have some brownies in the oven.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Patrice-You're doing better than me. My dh won't touch chicken or turkey.
I have been busy, busy, busy here today. I was supposed to work with my client this morning to make up hours from last week but she had a funeral to attend.
So I decided to make the most of the quiet house.
I have really felt the urge to stock up. I don't know what's coming but I have this feeling that things are about to get very bad. I don't know if it's just the unrest with this election coming up, the already astronomical spike in gas and grocery prices this year, hearing that we are in for a hard winter, but I have this urge to get ready.
I don't have a whole lot of space for storage. We have 2 closets that are stuffed full of stuff I am getting ready to go through. I do have the walk-in pantry that I dearly love (this is an OLD house). So I decided to make use of what I have. Part of that "Start where you are". I have a 3 section bookshelf that was housing books that are never read. Now I don't want to get rid of all of them as some are books my mom wanted me to have, others are bibles, and some are books that we use sporadically. So I boxed them all up. This 3 section bookshelf has 9 units to be used. 2 are still housing picture albums, cookbooks & bill binder. But I now have 7 to work with.
I cleaned my pantry out. I organized it and in the process discovered I have an electric meat grinder! I didn't know we had it, and don't know where it came from but I felt like I had struck gold.
I've thrown some things away, moved all my store bought canned goods to the bookshelf & still have 2 units to use & the others aren't filled yet.
Then I got into my dining room closet (that has to be cleaned out) and I organized the upper part that holds our board games and a box of hymnals and misc. books. I have room up there now to hold the canning jars that are unopened. I still have to sort through what's in the bottom of the closet but I'm making progress.
For dinner tonight am planning to make a home made pot pie. Smile
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 am

Good job on using what you've already got Kerrig! Smile Be careful adding too much weight to closet shelves and shelving units, you don't want anything to fall and get broken or injure yourself trying to get something down. It is incredible how much something like canned goods can weigh once you start stacking them up. For extra storage space think about often overlooked places like under beds, behind things like sofas, under end tables, in suitcases, etc. You'll be surprised how much more space you'll find to squirrel things away in.

I haven't gotten anything done the past few days, I'm just feeling blah and can't get moving. I've started taking my iron again along with some B Complex to see if they will help get me going again. I have a long list of things that need to get done this week and no energy or desire to accomplish them.

Tonight I am making beef stew and biscuits for dinner, it's been chilly here today and I just wanted a comforting meal tonight. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh these shelves are heavy, very heavy wood. But I'm not going to overload them. Smile
Instead of the pot pie I planned last night we are having it tonight. We had homemade vegetable soup, crackers & squash pies last night.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:09 am

Patrice, sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm not either. I think I may have an URI. I've been having a low grade fever, achy and the constant sinus drainage. I've been coughing, but mainly just at nights. The timing couldn't be worse, since I'm less than 2 weeks from the harvest festival at church and I still have so much left to do.

Not sure what we're doing for supper tonight. Joe said he'd take care of it, so he'll probably bring something home.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 am

Sorry for those of you not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. I had the computer most of today as dd1 is sick and was in bed all day with a tummy bug. As a result, I haven't done much today around the house. LOL!

Kerrig--are squash pies like pumpkin pies? What kind of squash do you use?

I put a roast in the crockpot with some potatoes and carrots.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm

My friend that gave me the jars of squash used butternut squash I think. They are very similar to pumpkin pies, just not as dark.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

Well, I'm feeling better, but now Ty has it. UGH! Been busy working on the harvest festival. My fingers are sore from sewing the bean bags shut. Tonight we have to go buy some paint to paint the games and pick up some odds and ends, so we'll probably eat out at the Golden Corral.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 am

Glad you are better Sonshine but I'm sorry that Ty has it. Sad Sonshine have you heard how Amy is doing? I haven't seen her on here in quite some time and hope she is doing well.

Kerrig, I have heard that many factories mix pumpkin and butternut squash in the canned pumpkin they sell. They are pretty much interchangable as far as I know because the flavors are so similar.

I still feel like I've got something hanging on, mainly in my sinuses and upper chest. I have a feeling I'm going to be battling whatever it is for the whole Fall/Winter again. UGH!!! I think the majority of it is allergies & asthma.

I've begun cutting & embossing boxes for small gifts/truffles from cardstock for the holidays with my die cutter. I've still got to cut & emboss the tags/decoration pieces. I won't assemble them yet because they take up less space unassembled, I'm always short on space around here. Wink I'm trying to get a jump on the things that can be done ahead of time for my Christmas gifts.

This week I'm hoping to get some room made in one of the freezers to pre-make cookie dough and have it ready to bake when the time comes. I want to make some in logs and some in drops with the cookie scoop. I also would like to get some of the candies made and froze too, if I can clear out enough room in the freezers. I'm thinking of pulling one of the turkeys out and cooking it this weekend, that will free up a good deal of room.

We've had a revival going on at church that started on Sunday morning and is continuing through Wednesday evening. It's being given by a retired pastor who is a member of our congregation, he's been doing a really good job. Smile It is titled "What Is Next?" It's about the signs of the second coming of Christ. Tonight and tomorrow we will be in the book of Revelations studying what is to come.

Oh can you all please pray for our pastor's mom, she's on hospice and has taken a real turn for the worse yesterday. They though she wouldn't make it through a low blood pressure event yet she pulled through. This poor lady has bed sores to the bone along her spine and on he legs along with Alzheimer's disease.

For dinner tonight I'm planning on making cold tuna noodle casserole, something simple with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Wink Have a great rest of the week everyone.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 am

Patrice, I haven't heard from her in awhile. Times like this I wish I had phone numbers so I could check up on my online family.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 am

Anyone want to come over and make me dinner? I just got in a little bit ago, and don't really feel like moving let alone cooking anything. Went to a hay auction today hoping to get a good deal on some hay for the horses, but it all went for more than I wanted to pay.

But, there was a guy there that sells hay there at times and I've bought his hay B4 (and liked it) who offered to sell me what I need for the winter at a good price! I went and looked at it and it's beautiful hay. So, I'll be getting 20 RBs from him. He's charging me $4.00/bale delivery, but even w/that, it comes to LESS than I was expecting to pay per bale! Praise God! Plus, I don't have to keep going to the auction in hopes of getting what I need, so that will save me some gas money and wear and tear on my truck.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 am

That's fantastic dizzy! PTL for fullfilment for your need.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks. People might think I'm nuts, but I pray B4 I go to the auction that God will direct me to good bales. (It can be a hit or miss at the auction.) And He definitely does guide me.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:02 am

dizzy wrote:Thanks. People might think I'm nuts, but I pray B4 I go to the auction that God will direct me to good bales. (It can be a hit or miss at the auction.) And He definitely does guide me.

Everyone would be better off if they prayed before making any purchase or any of life's many decisions. I wish I had learned this lesson when I was younger, it would have saved me a bunch of mistakes.

I just had to jump in here and say that. I guess this is "What did you have for dinner" thread. We had turkey burgers and sweet potatoes, and grapes for desert.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Dizzy, I don't think you're nuts at all. Whenever we make a large purchase (car, house, etc.) we always take one night to pray and "sleep on it" first. This has frustrated several impatient car salesmen, but has given us much peace.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm

It's nice to have people who get it. I know plenty of Christians who don't think they need to "bother" God w/the small things, figure they can handle them on their own. Nor do they take the time to thank God for the little things, but just take them for granted. This is something I've been becoming more and more aware of lately.

I don't know how many times I'll be ready to leave and can't find something (normally my keys). I'll pray about it, and suddenly have the location flash into my mind. Or maybe I'll go to leave-and can't get my motorcycle to start. And, rather than getting upset over it, I'll realize that maybe God is protecting me from something.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am

Dizzy, God is interested in every aspect of our lives, just like we are with our own kids. I remember, as a child, when our fridge broke down. Mom and Dad were in the lower income bracket and raising 5 kids. They couldn't afford to buy another fridge, so, they laid hands on the fridge and prayed for it. It immediatelyy started working again and continued working until they could afford another one. The one they prayed for they donated to a newly married couple and it was still going strong.

Today I've been wrapping up things for the harvest festival. I enjoy doing these types of things, but am always glad when it's over. Most have no idea how much work goes into these types of events.

For supper we'll be having sloppy joes, salad and fries.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next