Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by kerrig Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Yesterday was a very stressful day. We have one of my friends staying with us this week. Her husband left her a week ago and she needed to get away to think. She moved here from Canada after marrying him & he was supposed to help her get her citizenship. He didn't do that and now we're trying to figure out where she has to start and what she has to do. If he goes through with this he's leaving her literally high and dry. Her 23-year-old daughter has moved back home to help her and her 25-year-old son lives with her and helps her on her farm. But legally she can't work so she has no way of income except the farm and he is wanting to sell it. She is very scared and rightfully so.
Then last night dh and step-son had a set-to. Step-son is 15 and thinks he knows everything. And he also thinks it's ok to run his mouth when he gets into it with his dad which is not very often. I remember being 15 and there is no way I would have ever spoke to my parents like that. So needless to say, dh was extremely upset and felt guilty for getting into it with him.
Hoping today will be a better day. Smile
I have decided to pursue my Bachelor's Degree after 20 years of having my Associate's in Applied Science in Administration of Justice and not using it. There are 3 classes I need in order to transfer and I will be taking one in the evening and 2 online. Then I am hoping to transfer to St. Mary of the Wood's where they have the degree I need online. I would only have to go in 2-3 times a semester. Otherwise it is an hour and a half to any university and that would mean driving at least 2 days a week which would get pretty expensive. But this time last year I was looking at going back into Criminal Law-I could have taken it online through Louisiana State University. I am glad I waited. I didn't have a peace about it and I do about this. I am going for my Bachelor's in Secondary Education with a major in English Literature to teach High School Literature. Our school no longer has Lit teachers, they have 4 years of English. So I hope other schools still have positions for this.
Last night we had Spaghetti, homemade garlic bread & homemade cinnamon bread (made out of the homemade bread recipe).
Tonight I am thinking we may have potato bars, homemade creamed corn & I am making a chocolate cake for my son's girlfriends birthday.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 10 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 am

I hope everyone is doing alright. Sonshine, I hope the flooding has subsided and you all are o.k. Kerrig I hope your day is going better than yesterday.

I stayed in yesterday. I had a terrible headache. I don't know if it was fibromyalgia or a migraine. I stayed nauseated all day and it hurt to blink my eyes. I finally gave in and took some of the meds left over from when I was burned. They knocked me out and I woke this morning without the headache but feeling like someone had whacked me upside the head.

William bought a storage unit yesterday at the auction. He brought a pickup truck full home yesterday and this morning we went back and loaded up the truck and the van and brought it home. Then he went back for another load and there's probably another truck and van load left that we have to get this afternoon. Most of the stuff is for kids. Beds, toys, clothes and there is a notebook computer in it. I don't know if it works or not but I sure would like it if it does. I have to go through all the clothes and shoes and toss what isn't any good and wash up the others so we can set it up for a sale.

I'm thinking we're going to have hotdogs and fries for our dinner tonight. Quick and easy.

In the morning I need to get up early and get in the garden before it gets so hot. The blueberries are ready for picking again too. Think I will see if I can make blueberry syrup out of what I pick tomorrow.

Today at lunch we had our first ripe tomatoes from our garden this year. A menu made up of tomato sandwiches is on the schedule for us. LOL
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 am

kerrig, I hope your day is going better. I'm sorry to hear what your friend is going through. I think it's great that you're going to try for your Bachelors degree.

MM, hope you're feeling better.

We processed a couple of our roosters today and I have broth simmering on the stove. We also got a couple more peach trees planted today.

For supper we're having grilled steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions, left over potatoe pancakes and some green fried tomatoes.

I'm getting several ripe tomatoes now, but not enough to can yet, so I'm thinking of making some goulash tomorrow with the tomatoes and some green beans from the garden.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 am

I pray everyone is doing o.k.. The headache finally went away. I still had twinges yesterday but today I'm feeling a lot better.

We've had a hot sunny day here today. I went out about seven-thirty to gather the vegetables and blueberries and it was hot already at that time.

I just have to brag a little bit. Our granddaughter, Symanthia who graduated from nursing school on May 5th took her NCLEX text this last Tuesday. She got word that she is now officially a registered nurse. I'm so proud of her.

We have been working on sorting and discarding the clothes that William bought in the storage unit. Boxes of clothes. I am getting them ready to sell. I told him to put .25 cents on every piece and maybe we will sell them. There's a lot of cute little girl clothes also some men's blue jeans shorts. That's just the boxes and bags that I've gone through. There's still a lot more to sort.

For dinner tonight we had green beans, squash and cabbage cooked with onion and smoked turkey sausage in them.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 am

MM, glad your headache is better. Do you think the weather affects it? I know my Mom gets some pretty bad headaches when rain is in the area, much like me with my back and leg issues.

Congratulations to your granddaughter.

For supper we had goulash, green beans and green fried tomatoes. After supper we went to the awards ceremony for Ty to get his green belt. He's very proud of it, of course, green is his favorite color. Smile

I've been working on last minute things for our Father's Day chili cook off. Still need to get some cookies and cornbread baked and pick up some prizes for the games.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 am

Sonshine will you tell Ty congratulations on getting his green belt. That's quite an accomplishment. I'd never get the first one. LOL

I don't think it's the weather. I used to have migraines often. But then I stopped having them. The last one I had was fourteen years ago. I had one when William and I had been married about three years that really knocked me for a loop. So they only come about every ten or so years but when I get one it puts me down.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi All!!!

Well, I survived the graduation and the graduation party. I can't believe how exhausted I was after preparing for and hosting the party. It took 4 straight days of heavy doses of pain meds to get me moving after the party. By Saturday morning I was finally starting to feel back to normal, then we got some rain in the evening and I was hurting badly again. I was absolutely miserable on Sunday. I tried going only to church in the morning but couldn't even making it through the whole service, we wound up leaving half way through. I knew I was in trouble when I had to walk up the handicap ramp because I couldn't climb the 10 steps up to the church. I came home, had lunch and more pain meds before heading back to bed for a 4 hour nap. I still haven't put my house back in order and I just don't really care at this point, I'll eventually get it straightened back up.

Tomorrow is Jacob's 14th birthday. Smile I told him he can have a few of the guys over for lunch and to swim. It was in the mid '90s today and is supposed to stay that way for most of the week. Lunch will be simple....hot dogs, chips and soda along with brownie ala mode. Yhey can swim until they are water logged for all I care, I'm staying inside where it is cool. Wink Good thing I went and got the repair kit for the pool liner and fixed it on Saturday. The repair I made to the liner 2 yrs. ago started to leak last week and finally gave way on Thursday evening. I wasn't feeling up to running atound on Friday, so I had no choice in venturing out for a repair kit on Saturday morning.

Well, I'll check back in and try to catch up when I'm feeling better, I just didn't want you all to think I fell off the face of the Earth. Wink I hope you all are doing well and have a good week ahead.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 pm

It's hot here, so the kids and I have been staying inside for the most part this week. Dd (11) made dinner last night: boneless pork chops, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. She did a great job.

I think tonight we'll have pot roast with potatoes and carrots. When it's hot like this, I'm so thankful for my crockpot. It saves from using the oven.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 am

Patrice, Ty's 14th birthday is next month. Hard to imagine him being that old. Smile We're going to do a pool party too.

Mountainmama, it's been hot here too. The weather has been really crazy this year.

Yesterday we harvested some of our potatoes, squash, tomatoes, green beans and kidney beans. It's nice watching things start to come in. Last night for supper we had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. I think we're going to have porkchops, potatoe pancakes, green fried tomatoes and bean sald.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 am

Can I come over for dinner, Sonshine? I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried green tomatoes and nobody here eats them but me. LOL!

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:33 am

I spent all day in an unairconditioned car & I am wiped out by this heat. So we are having manwich & seasoned fries. Easy peasy. Smile
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:43 am

Mountain Mama, come over any time. Smile fried green tomatoes are DS's favorite dish.

Kerrig, be careful in the heat. Sorry you were stuck in a hot car all day. I like manwiches. Smile Haven't had them in awhile, but we may just have some tomorrow. Thursday is usually a quick to fix meal because DS has taikwondo, so it's rushed.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 am

I hope everyone is feeling good today and that you're all staying cool.

Dinner is grilled cheese sandwiches and my pantry recipe for chicken and rice soup. I posted the recipe in the recipe forum if anyone wants it. It's very quick and easy and inexpensive.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:52 am

I hope everyone is feeling alright and that you all are staying comfortable in this heat.

I think the heat is about to get to me. I've gotten where I stay tired. I can work alright up until twelve or one o'clock every day and after that "I'm not fit to kill" as my dear aunt Catherine used to say. All I want to do is nap. William is about the same way. He works in the morning and then comes in about noon and sleeps in the recliner most of the afternoon. I guess it could be a sign we're getting older. LOL

We are needing rain in the worse way. We watered the garden Tuesday and the leaves are welted and turning yellow on most everything. It hurts to see the garden go down hill so soon. We do have young beans coming along behind the ones that look like they're dying. Also tomato plants that are doing alright.

The sunflowers we planted are growing and still look healthy. I'm hoping to harvest the seed heads to feed the chickens this fall. It won't be that much but every little bit helps.

William and my stepfather butchered twelve of our young rabbits this morning. I have to get them in the freezer before I go to bed tonight. We have at least that many more that needs to be butchered. At least we can have rabbit stew this winter. Smile

Have any of you ever made rabbit dumplings? How did you like them?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. May God bless each one of you.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm

I have been sick for the last two weeks. They told me today that my white count was way up. I have to go get more blood work done either tomorrow or Monday.

We have been working on getting a few more vehicles up and running so every one here can have a vehicle to get to work and such. Every time we get close something else goes wrong on them. We took a starter in today and they ended up swapping a new one for the old one so we didnt have to pay for it. We are counting that as a blessing.

For dinner tonight we had tacos. We have been snacking every night due to VBS this week.

As far as Rabbit and Dumplings they are ok. I fix our rabbit in the crock pot with chicken broth and then the next day I shred it and fry it up with sage and onion Hubby calls it rabbit hash. The other way he fixes it par boil it them deep fries it like chicken. (Same with squirrle)
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 pm

MM--12 rabbits is a lot of work, but it will be worth it come winter.
Amybyrd--I hope you feel better and can enjoy the weekend.
Sonshine--my oldest is 15. She wants to go to the Creation Museum for her 16th birthday. She really likes that place.

Tonight dinner will just be dh and I as the kids are going to spend time with the in-laws. They like to help them volunteer at a food bank.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:49 am

I have been catching up on sleep the last few days. I go tomorrow to get blood work done but I am feeling a little better.

This morning early my hubby and my son in law went to pick black berries from a friends house. They picked 6 gallons and are planning on going back for more. I froze alot of them to make jelly out of later but tonight I am making a home made black berry cobbler.

If any one has a recipe they use for making black berry jelly or perserves please let me know if not I am using the one in the gel ease packets

For dinner we are having speghetti.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

We have a friend of my husband's staying with us right now and it is a very uncomfortable situation for me while he is at work. Thankfully my son is home & I work this morning but I still don't like the feeling of another man being here when my husband's not home.
I honestly don't know what we're going to have tonight for dinner. Any good ideas?
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Kerrig, I can understand being uncomfortable having a man at the house without your husband being home. How long is he staying with you? As for ideas on what to fix for dinner, that is something I always struggle with too. Maybe look through the recipe section and see if there's anything there that sounds good. Smile I know we have a lot of recipes in there.

We had a busy weekend. We put up some peach jam, blueberries and some tomatoes. With activity in the Gulf of Mexico I'm feeling it in my back and legs, so probably won't be able to do anything today. I'm hoping tomorrow is better because I still have some peaches to process.

I'm not sure what we're having for dinner tonight either. May just open a can of homemade vegetable soup and add some ground beef to it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 am

He hasn't said how long he's staying. He's going job hunting today so I'm assuming he's planning a looooonnnnnnngggggg time. But that is definitely not going to work.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:20 am

That wouldn't work for me either, kerrig.

Dinner tonight was chicken and rice, green beans, mixed veggies, and brownies.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am

Tonight was taco hashbrowns. Easy and cheap.
Thank you mountainmama. I was beginning to think I was selfish and no one understood. He was not even gone an hour yesterday, came home and played World of Warcraft the rest of the day. He says he put 3 in online because that's how you have to do it now. He says now he just has to sit and wait. What?!? He has an 8 year old son in Alabama who his ex took his visits from. He walked out on his live in girlfriend. He's already been to the emergency room twice since being here-once on Sunday for a migraine and then today because he dislocated his shoulder. How? I don't know. All he did was play that game and lay on the futon.
Please forgive me, I don't mean to whine but I have been near tears all day. I can't go into a room but he's either there or lying on the futon staring at me.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 am

kerrig, have you talked to your husband about the situation?

Today we put up some peaches. We were going to put up some pink hull peas too, but didn't get around to it. We did pick 3/4 bushel of the peas though and I got them shelled, so I guess tomorrow we'll be canning them.

For supper we had chicken, potatoes and gravy. Too tired to fix anything else. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Sonshine-yes, after I posted this I talked to him some more about how I felt. It was difficult for him to broach the subject because he didn't know how to do so tactfully. I had people praying and had been praying too for wisdom for him.
He explained that next week neither of our boys are going to be home and that when we married we had the agreement that neither of us would ever be alone with the opposite sex. That other arrangements were going to have to be made. I don't know yet where he's going but I am much more at peace now. Thank you for listening!
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Kerrig,

I'm glad that your husband talked to him and hope that the friend finds work soon.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next