Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

A few ideas from "Living on a Dime"

2 posters

Go down

A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" Empty A few ideas from "Living on a Dime"

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 am

Whenever you're going to serve soup but find that it is too hot, toss in a few frozen peas to cool it down quickly.

If a recipe calls for half and half and you don't have any on hand, you can substitute 4 1/2 tsp. of melted butter and then add enough milk to make 1 cup. You can also use one cup of evaporated milk in exchange for half and half.

When storing fresh herbs like parsley, whether store bought or home grown, trim about half an inch off of the stems. Place them in a glass or jar with water like you would a vase of flowers and store in the fridge. This will make them last longer.

I store my celery this way, too. I clean it and place it in my antique celery jar. It looks like a small vase but you could use a large wide mouth mug or jar. The main thing that is important is that they are in an upright position, in water and in the fridge. This is also great because if my family sees the food they are more likely to eat it so, if they see the celery in the fridge all ready to grab and eat, they are more likely to eat it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

A few ideas from "Living on a Dime" Empty Re: A few ideas from "Living on a Dime"

Post by squeezinby Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 am

These are good tips. Thanks
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down