Top posting users this week
Page 1 of 1 • Share
Instant Pudding Mix
From: ehow.com (6/15/2011)
3 cups non-fat dry milk
4 cups sugar (if making butterscotch instant pudding mix, use packed brown sugar; otherwise use white)
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups cornstarch
flavouring (high-quality unsweetened cocoa, vanilla extract, lemon extract, etc.)
1. Combine all dry ingredients. If you're making chocolate pudding, add 2.5 cups of the unsweetened cocoa powder. For flavors that you'll use liquid flavoring extracts, don't add the flavoring now! If, though, you wanted to make a vanilla cinnamon instant pudding mix, you would add the cinnamon now, to taste (we use two tablespoons).
2. Store in an air-tight container until you're ready to use.
3. To prepare, add 1/2 a cup mix to two cups milk, mix in a saucepan over low heat. Heat & stir constantly while boiling.
4. Once cool, add the liquid flavoring extracts like 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. (You could even add coconut extract or other flavors! Yum.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Homemade instant pudding mix is especially delicious with whipped cream on top!
"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." Dwight D. Eisenhower
@waylandcook on twitter http://creativecookingonanbudget.blogspot.com/
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum