Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other

4 posters

Go down

Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Empty Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other

Post by Sonshine Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 am

The first goat that kidded (Candy) is feeding the little boy, but is pushing the little girl away. Now what should we do? The place we get our feed from is closed today. What are our options to keep this little girl alive? HELP!! Thanks everyone.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Empty Doing the motherly thing

Post by jwscal1996 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 am

Well we figured it's better to be safe...and she's so cute....
Katrina talked a neighbor into helping her hold Snow Flake while she feed her the bottle
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Dsc02116
Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Dsc02117

jwscal1996
Admin

Back to top Go down

Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Empty Re: Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other

Post by Lori Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

oh they are adorable!!!!!
I must say, i really have no idea what to do on this site. lol ahhhh i'm surprised i found these. Surprised)

Lori

Back to top Go down

Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other Empty Re: Momma goat feeding one of her babies, but not the other

Post by Sonshine Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 am

Hey Lori, welcome to the forum. A good place to start is go to the intro page and introduce yourself to everyone. We have a wonderful group of people here. What part of Wisconsin are you in? I grew up in Rockford, IL, very close to Milwaukee.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

I realize this was a long time ago but we had this happen this year. Twins and mom would only take care of the girl. We would go out and hold momma for him to eat twice a day. He is now 4 months old and doing well. Still don't know why the mom did this. She accepted him otherwise. When he would call she would come and when she would call he would come but she just wouldn't let him eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:10 am

Had that happen out at the farm years ago-but she only had 1. We held the momma while someone milked her, then put the milk in a bottle and gave it to the baby. That baby is now in my back yard and has been for years. She's very good at stirring up trouble.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 am

I'm not sure why Snowflakes momma wouldnt feed her, but she must have sensed something wasn't right with her. We lost snowflake about a year after she was born. She never grew for some reason. Cookie has had other kids sense then, in fact the last time she had triplets and took care of all 3 of them. We've sold two from that birthing, but I decided to keep the smallest one as a pet.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Houdini, as is appropriately named, is doing well but is tiny. His twin is big and stout. He has become a pet now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down