Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29

2 posters

Go down

GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 Empty GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29

Post by Rohn Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 am

GOD’S LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT
I CORINTHIANS 1:27-29
(1 Corinthians 1:27-29) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.  (KJV)

To many times we emphasize bigness, and quality instead of quality.  Sometimes small things are important to God.  Notice some small things that god has used for His glory:

I.  Moses’  Rod.
(Exodus 4:2) And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.  (KJV)
(Exodus 4:17) And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.  (KJV)

1.  The rod became a serpent. (Exodus 4:1-14)

2.  The rod turned water into blood.  
(Exodus 7:20) And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.  (KJV)

3.  The rod opened the red sea.
(Exodus 14:16) But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.  (KJV)

4.  The rod opened the rock at Horeb and water came out.
(Exodus 17:6-7) Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?  (KJV)

II.  DAVID AND HIS STONES WERE SMALL. (I Samuel 17).
1.  David was dedicated to the Lord.

(1)  There was a cause –
(1 Samuel 17:29) And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?  (KJV)

(2)  There was a call –
(1 Samuel 17:45) Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.  (KJV)
Goliath, Israel and the Lord.

(3)  There was a cure –
(1 Samuel 17:51) Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.  (KJV)
God used a small lad and a small stone. The  Philistines fled.

III.  THE WIDOW’S LITTLE HANDFUL OF MEAL AND A LITTLE OIL SUSTAINED THE PROPHET ELIJAH , THE WIDOW AND HER SON.
(1 Kings 17:8-16) And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee. So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink. And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand. And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth. And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.  (KJV)
GOD TAKES CARE OF HIS OWN IN TIME OF NEED.

IV.  A LITTLE MAID TOLD NAAMAN HOW TO BE HEALED IN TIME OF NEED.  (II Kings 5)
God could have used someone else.
This should encourage us to let God use us.

V.  THE WIDOWS TWO MITES WAS SMALL.
(Mark 12:41-44) And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.  (KJV)

1.  Equal to about 4 cents.
2.  It is not the amount but the attitude that it is given in that counts with God.
3.  Our tithe may seem small, but if all pay together with God’s blessing on it, it will get the job done.

VI.   JESUS FED 5,000 PEOPLE WITH FIVE LOAVES AND TWO FISHES.  (John 6:1-13)
1.  Notice this miracle was performed from what a little boy had.
2.  God takes what we have and multiplies it to meet the need.

VII.  JESUS WAS LITTLE IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD.
(Matthew 13:55) Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?  (KJV)
(Mark 6:3) Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.  (KJV)
2.  He was made a little lower than the angels, He died like a criminal, but in the eyes of God He was big.
Death and the grave could not hold Him.  He arose and lives today!

How about you do you feel small and insignificant?  To God you are important.  You are so important to God that He sent His Son to die on the cross so that you can have your sins washed away, become a His child and be used for His glory.  
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29 Empty Re: GOD'S ;ITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT - i CORINTHIANS 1:27-29

Post by 12acrehome Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:38 am

thank you Rohn
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down