Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

YAY! We're starting to get chocolate eggs!

+2
PATRICE IN IL
Sonshine
6 posters

Go down

YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! Empty YAY! We're starting to get chocolate eggs!

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:13 am

Our Marans have finally started laying.  I love the color of their eggs.  The buffs eggs are a nice tan color, but that darker brown sure stands out.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! Empty Re: YAY! We're starting to get chocolate eggs!

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 am

It's always fun to see the color variations in the eggs the hens produce.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

YAY!  We're starting to get chocolate eggs! Empty Re: YAY! We're starting to get chocolate eggs!

Post by dizzy Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 am

And here I was hoping for some real chocolate eggs.  I wanted to get some of those hens.
Laughing

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

LOL, I told my Mom I could now eat chocolate eggs and chocolate gravy for breakfast. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm

They are awesome, aren't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:58 am

This is wonderful news Sonshine. How dark are they? I don't think I've ever seen one of that breed or a "chocolate" egg.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 am

Great news Sonshine.  It is always fin when the chickens begin laying.  

When I was just a kid in my early teens I played a trick on a lady that I was visiting for a couple of weeks.  They were waiting on her hens to lay eggs and so her daughter, who was three years younger than me, (yes I was a bad influence lol) and I decided to play a trick and we hard-boiled an egg from the refrigerator and put it in the nesting box.  She also had a son that was about 5 years old and he found the egg (we hadn't planned on that).  He proudly took the egg and presented it to his mother and asked her to cook it for him.  Well you know the rest of the story.  We all had a big laugh over it.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:23 am

backtotheland wrote:This is wonderful news Sonshine. How dark are they? I don't think I've ever seen one of that breed or a "chocolate" egg.

I'll try to get Joe to posst a picture of them.  We're so use to the tan colored eggs we get from our Buff Orpingtons that it was neat to see a darker brown one.  Makes me want to get the ones that lay Easter eggs, just for the differnt colors. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 am

Rohn, LOL  When our Buffs first started laying Joe had taken one of their eggs that was about the size of our doves eggs and placed it in with them for a couple of days.  Our little girl started setting on it just like it was a dove egg.  Of course, we didn't leave it for long.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 am

Sonshine, we've got a hen that was an EE crossed with a chocolate layer. She gives us beautiful dark green, almost like a mossy forest green, eggs.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 am

Oh, cool! I'd love to have some of those eggs!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down