Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Here are my pets (pic heavy) EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Here are my pets (pic heavy)

3 posters

Go down

Here are my pets (pic heavy) Empty Here are my pets (pic heavy)

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I don't know what we'd do without some furry friends to love.

Here are mine in order of their arrival.

First is Pumpkin who moved here as a wild kitty from the chicken houses. She is Mama to the next two. With her first litter of babes she delivered 6 and then I found a kitten at the end of our driveway; she adopted it and the next one that we found later; then we found one farther away in a dry well and she took him too. So she was nursing 9 babies. We found them all good homes.
Here are my pets (pic heavy) DSC02667

Then there's Marshmallow--the hunter.
Here are my pets (pic heavy) DSC02669

And Rascal--he's our hefty one weighing around 23 pounds. He got a virus a few years ago and nearly died, but after recovery his metabolism is really shot.
Here are my pets (pic heavy) DSC02658

Tookie is a rescue kitty. We found him on the road in a terrible thunderstorm and he'd apparently crawled up under a neighbor's hood and fell out on the road. Our road isn't smooth asphalt, but basically tar with gravel. He was in terrible shape, but he had no intention of dying. We named "her" Tookie because "she" was very prissy. It took about 3 months before all the goods were apparent and we knew "she" was a HE!
Here are my pets (pic heavy) DSC02659

Then there's Bo. He arrived about 3 weeks after my favorite mutt was hit so it took me a while to warm up to him. Dh's sister is a vet and found this one for us. He was bought for a 13yo who was then 16 and paid him no attention. The Mom was caring for him but basically she just fed him. He stayed in a pen and chewed on the back of the house. He would play but only when someone stood there and watched him, and he wouldn't come when you called since he hadn't had any of that attention. He's over that now and he's a big teddy bear. He'll sit on your feet and keep rolling toward you to get as close as possible.
Here are my pets (pic heavy) DSC02670

And finally there's Chewie. She was found on a lumber yard in SC that's a division of Dh's employer. She was about 6 weeks old when we brought her home last May. She's a Blue Heeler--doesn't look like anything else in the mix.
Here are my pets (pic heavy) Chewie-1-1

Last edited by godsgapeach on Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing pics)
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Here are my pets (pic heavy) Empty Re: Here are my pets (pic heavy)

Post by Marie Thu May 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Wow, what beauties.. I love them all Smile They pose so nicely, too!! Kinda just gives me a peaceful feeling just looking at all these pets!!
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Thanks. The first five were taken when dd was at camp. The kitties are almost never all at the house at the same time until late at night, but that one day, they all cooperated. I was able to send her a letter from them since she was homesick (only gone a week so I mailed it on Monday--she loved it!).

Chewie's the most difficult to get being still--usually she's a blur!
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Thu May 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Chewie, that would be the heeler, alright! Always moving and looking for something to do!
Marie
Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Absolutely! And JEALOUS! When Bo does his sitting-on-my-feet thing, she comes over and jumps on his head. She has enough spring to hop up and land right on him.

And when I give them treats she'll drop hers and watch him. If she thinks she can snag a bite, she'll do it and then run back to hers and guard it.

If he gets a ball--he has a huge one bigger than a soccer ball that's rubber--she'll get down and nip his legs until he gives it up. He only outweighs her by about 60#! But he's extremely laid back!
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 11:30 pm

By the way, Marie. I was about to comment that I really like your signature--since mine is the same verse--but I realized mine wasn't showing up. Hopefully it's fixed now Wink
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Ok I jealous I want a cat. I can not keep one. I tried the inside thing and was allergic to them. And If I put them out side they disappear. Hubby says the wild dogs get them. The last one just left. I saw her way down the road like 10 miles down the road. She would not come to me or anything. She was my neighbors cat and when they left for Texas they left her with me. I think she went to find them.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Aww! Ours are outside all the time and we do have issues with wild dogs/coyotes--we kept the kitten that had fallen in the well and he disappeared years ago. We figure that's what happened with him.

But this crew stays fairly close to home or within earshot in the woods out back.
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Thu May 14, 2009 11:39 pm

lol, too funny about Chewie's antics... they are very smart from what I understand.. and quick. Good working dogs. We had a border collie mix for many years, and she was sooo much fun. The kids were home yet, and they trained her to pull a sled by throwing a rock or ball, she would run to get it and pull them on the sled at the same time.. through the snow lol. They say if the working dogs don't have enough to do they can develop bad habits, and that is so true.. they really need a lot of activity. I have a cousin who adopted..hmm.., I think it's a blue heeler too.. anyway, they live on a city lot.. and they also adopted two other dogs.. they are retired people!! They really have a hard time with that dog, but it does get them out and about..they have to take him for walks and make sure he gets enough exercise. It's really not the right environment for him, but ... it's their house, not mine lol

About the sig - Great minds think alike, eh?? lol
Marie
Marie

Back to top Go down

Post by godsgapeach Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 pm

She is definitely a pistol! She and Bo chase each other around when they're in the pen--so she keeps him from being too lazy, too.

We had another dog before Bo who adopted us. Her name was Dizzy and she had some blue heeler in her, but she was mostly mutt. She was the greatest! She would jump on the trampoline with the kids, swing on the porch swing with me. And she was VERY protective of me in particular. I still miss her, but Bo and Chewie are great too!

They all have their own distinctive personalities!
godsgapeach
godsgapeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down