Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Walking on Water EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Walking on Water EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Walking on Water EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Walking on Water EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Walking on Water EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Walking on Water EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Walking on Water EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Walking on Water EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Walking on Water EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Taco  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Walking on Water

Go down

Walking on Water Empty Walking on Water

Post by Sonshine Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:25 pm

While doing some research for upcoming lessons for Children's Church, I came across this testimony. It really blessed me and I hope it does you too.

Meet Peggie C. Bohanon . . . . . . The Walk-on-Water Woman!?!

Women don't walk on the water--and I don't REALLY, of course! But God has a wonderful sense of humor and through His providential plans for my life, and even my own feelings of uncertainty, inadequacy and downright fright, I've learned I CAN walk on water in His strength. I can do the impossible with His help and direction, and here's how it happened.
One evening, after a promising interview with a wonderful Christian company, and an offer of a great ministry position, I faced a decision. Could I do it? Of course not--no way could I be an editor and an administrator and whatever else was involved. I did not have the education nor the expertise--so whispered the little inner negative voice who whispers to us all! But I did consent to think about it, pray about it, and give the company a decision the next day.

Heading back to my hotel room, I could not sleep. Thoughts wandered around in my weary brain as I wanted so much to know God's Will. It would mean some changes (and change has always been scary for me), some turn-arounds in my life style (and who, at my "unmentionable" age likes new directions!), a commitment to a "real job" (as though homemaking is NOT a "real job"!).

So I prayed. I mean, I REALLY prayed, "Lord, is THIS the direction YOU want me to take? I'm willing--but Lord, it's so big and I am sooo scared!" But God, who loves to turn us around in our tracks--for our own good, to give us jobs too big for ourselves--for our own good, had a plan. He decided that the middle of the night was a good time to reveal it, and so in my late-night confusion, I found myself being drawn to His Word--to a familiar story from childhood. You guessed it--Peter walking on the water!

Now you must understand that when God speaks to me--through people, circumstances, or His Word--He seems to enjoy getting my attention in creative ways no mortal would ever think of doing! My life is full of funny stories about God's divine sense of humor. He often chooses Scriptures, unique ones, as a very special "signpost" of His Will and direction. I was about to learn, once again, that I could trust Him with the turn-arounds of my life!

But back to Peter--I searched through my Bible to find the exact passage. The visual picture grew stronger and stronger in my mind and heart. I could "see" with spiritual eyes the story come alive. Peter, stepping out of the boat--but not quite. One foot in--one foot out, and of course, scared to death, like me! I saw the rolling, raging waves. I saw Jesus, in white garment, standing with hand outstretched saying to Peter, "Come!"

And suddenly I knew He wasn't just speaking to Peter. He was speaking to ME! "Come, Peggie, get out of that boat, you too can do what you think is impossible. You can walk on the water--not in your own strength, but because I am calling you."

The picture in my mind, while not a vision, was so real to my heart, that I knew God was speaking. God was directing--He would be with me; He would help me do what I felt so inadequate to perform on my own. I knew in my heart what my answer would be the next day.

I closed the Bible and went to sleep for whatever was left of the night! The next morning, my husband and I visited a church, my heart still full of the experience of the night before. A guest speaker took as his text, "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling., for it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:12,13)." My heart nearly burst; my eyes filled with tears. I knew God once again was telling this worried, in-the-way woman to "walk on the water."

That afternoon when asked if I would accept the position, I smiled and replied, "With fear and trembling, YES, I will." Am I happy with the "new direction" my life has taken? You better believe it! Have there been adjustments? You'd better believe THAT too--some days I forget to do the laundry! I've had to learn new ways and means of getting it all done. God has set my feet on a NEW, untraveled path--one with many twists and turns, ups and downs, and yet, as I continue to heed His voice, I find it's a direction more glorious than one I could have ever dreamed of taking on my own. His plan is purposeful--and it's perfect!

And has God been faithful? Has He ever been faithful! He has helped beyond measure; He has anointed me to do the work which He has called me to do. I'm the "walk-on-water-woman," not because of ME, but because of a wonderful Lord, who, in the middle of the night, extended His hand across the waves to one very insecure woman, and said, "Come!" His Word still works--I've proved it so!

--by Peggie C. Bohanon. Courtesy of God Allows U-Turns.

http://www.peggiesplace.com/walkonwaterwoman.htm
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down