Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Hi from Horse Fork EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Hi from Horse Fork EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Hi from Horse Fork EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Hi from Horse Fork EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Hi from Horse Fork

4 posters

Go down

Hi from Horse Fork Empty Hi from Horse Fork

Post by Horse Fork Farm Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:27 am

Hi,
I just signed up and thought I better come introduce myself here. I belong to a few other forums where some of you might also post and read. I'm looking for a forum where it's more than "acceptable" to be a Christian. I like all my forums... but sometimes I would love a place that I actually fit in. Someplace where if you hurt someones feelings, your first thought is... "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Not "he he he, I really got that one over on her". I'm just not good at spite!!! Smile

We are a middle-aged couple living in WV on 50 acres, with 2 boys still at home and 1 grown daughter who is married with 2 kids too. My Dad died last year and we decided (all of us) to move all of us plus my Mom and brother into one house. Lol, we have all had some interesting adjustments to make..... like having 2 women trying to cook and clean in the same kitchen at the same time. So funny trying to find things that she put away in the "wrong' places and then having her stand in the kitchen after I put things away and say "your kitchen is not organized right!" Or 6 of us using 1 bathroom for the last 18 months! (Veeeery interesting) Laughing

We have chickens and French Alpines, dogs & cats. Getting ready to do a couple more hogs and a couple beef for the freezer this year. Grandkids are asking for ducks, but I don't know if I'm up to the mess of that! Well, I hope I didn't bore you to tears with it all, I promise to go easy on the posting, lol... Kathy

Horse Fork Farm

http://horseforkfarm.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hi from Horse Fork Empty Re: Hi from Horse Fork

Post by Sonshine Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

Welcome home. Smile You don't have to worry about people being spiteful here. We've been blessed with a very loving and caring group. I look forward to hearing all about your homesteading journey. I can't imagine the situations that will arise from having 2 women in the same kitchen. LOL My kitchen is my domain. This past Thanksgiving my MIL came for a visit, but she wanted to do all the cooking. I've been dealing with some back issues and I know she meant well, but I LOVE to cook. She really was a blessing though and we shared the cooking. It's really strange for us though because she's a New Englander and although I grew up in the midwest both my parents are southerners, so I cook more like a southerner. I never realized how differenct people from various parts of the states cook. As for going easy on the posting, post away. It's kind of slow here, although it does seem to be picking up a bit.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Fork Farm Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you for making me feel welcome! I don't care if the posting is a bit slow, it's worth it to be someplace comfortable! I'm starting to feel like a minority on some forums BECAUSE I'm a Christian! I know it's just a sign of the times but still, it boggles my mind! Well, going to go read all the different subforums here.... that should keep me busy for a while. I've got a puppy thats a bottle baby so gotta be up to feed her at 3:00 am! piggy (sorry... had to try the piggie icon) lol

Horse Fork Farm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm

I've had bottle fed pups before, so know what you're going through.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Welcome Horse Fork! Smile I'm sure you're going to fit in nicely and just love it here in our friendly little group.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Fork Farm Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks Patrice! Love your doggie... I am also owned by JR "TERRORS"!! lol

Horse Fork Farm

Back to top Go down

Post by kfander Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 am

Welcome to the forum. I am new here myself, and also participate in one other forum regularly, and a couple of others once in awhile. My wife and I have a hundred acres in northern Maine, with a cabin that I will be working on this spring and summer. I grew up in the UP of Michigan, lived in Southern California for twelve years, and in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas for just over twenty years.

kfander

http://www.petramainewildlife.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Fork Farm Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 am

Hi kfander!
Thanks for the welcome. Maines beautiful, haven't been there in many many years though. Hope to get to know y'all through posting! Kathy

Horse Fork Farm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down