Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 Empty Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6

Post by Sonshine Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:52 am

Here's another topic I have seen much debate over throughout the years. So, what say you? Who are the sons of God, the daughters of men?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 Empty Re: Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6

Post by Rohn Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 am

I was waiting to see what others had to say before I answered since there is no absolute answer to this question. In a few days I'll post how I see it.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6 Empty Re: Who are the sons of God in Genisis 6

Post by Sonshine Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 am

Doesn't look like we have any takers. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 am

Still no takers?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 pm

In those first few verses in Genesis 6 we find one of the mysteries of the Bible that no one has a clear answer to. So what I say is pure speculation as I have no proof of what I am about to write.

The sons of God could be the people that were followers of God. When we are born again into the kingdom of God we be come children of God. The daughters of men were perhaps some of Cain's descendents who went their own way and had no regard for God or worshiping Him.

We see as we read further that God was not pleased with what was happening and the good did not influence the evil but it seems that the evil influenced the good until men left God completely out of their lives and went their own way.

I guess this is one way to look at this. There are other views I am sure.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Bah...I had something all typed out. Now I will do the condensed version.

There are a lot of people who believe it was the nephilim having children with the daughters of men. I believe it comes from the book of Enoch. Well, he explains is further. It has been a long time since I have read the book of Enoch. It is also taught that it is where the giants came from and that Goliath was a decendant of. That wouldn't make a lot of sense though, since right after that God decided to flood the earth.

Rohn's explanation makes a bit more sense.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 am

Rohn, I've heard this version, I've also heard Dawn's version. Like many things in the Bible I figure we won't have the answers till we are gone from this life. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 am

Hi all been gone a while . See if i can get this subject going .
The sons of god in the OT are fallen angles tracing the word nephilim back is fallen ones . One other word describes the same group also . These fallen angles procreated with the daughters of man tus enters the race of giants .

Remember Davids giant Goliath he had brothers too. Remember the spies sent out to the promise land and only one said they could take the land ,they said we are as grasshoppers in their sight ,so for their lack of faith the remained in the wilderness forty years .

Every wonder why only Noah's folks were saved says he was pure in his generation (no corrupted seed) . Satan was trying to be sure God could not come up with a savior from the the line promised . There are many fact to back this up but they have been suppressed .

These corrupt seed is why when Got gave his people lands they were to kill every living thing men, women critters and children he wasn't being mean . Satan trys to keep us so busy we push God to the side not thanking him for our every breath we have . Our war is with powers unseen ,but if you study the word of God you won't be deceived.

Thing is in the last days it will be as in the days of Noah ever notice we are in a GM world . We can't even guess what Satan has had going on since Jesus went to prepare us a place . Remember there is nothing new under the sun .

Study to be sure you aren't supporting a Church or group that puts one dollar of your money in the coming new one world order of Churches .This a a suttle bunch . Think during the flood how many were saved .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 am

Welcome back Sawmill Jim. You make some interesting points. Your explanation on the OP seems to be the one I've heard taught the most.

As for the rest of what you say, I agree. In the last days the scriptures teach us that Satan is out to decieve even the elect. These days you have many churches where the blind are leading the blind. The seminaries and Bible colleges today are filled with teachers that no longer believe Jesus is God's son. It's no wonder the world is such a mess. We are living in the last days, and every child of God needs to make sure they know the scriptures inside and out and know how to listen to and follow God's voice.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 am

Sonshine wrote:Welcome back Sawmill Jim. You make some interesting points. Your explanation on the OP seems to be the one I've heard taught the most.

As for the rest of what you say, I agree. In the last days the scriptures teach us that Satan is out to decieve even the elect. These days you have many churches where the blind are leading the blind. The seminaries and Bible colleges today are filled with teachers that no longer believe Jesus is God's son. It's no wonder the world is such a mess. We are living in the last days, and every child of God needs to make sure they know the scriptures inside and out and know how to listen to and follow God's voice.

Thanks for the welcome back . And amen to the rest of your post . I understand how easy it is to get caught up in the things of the world ,as in just trying to make ends meet . We tend to forget we really aren't here long at the best ,but just passing threw .The saying wisdom comes with age is correct to a degree ,we may have to get older but we don't have to get wiser . The above topic is great to discuss as it shows what we are fighting and why some things took place . It also lets us look at what is coming our way and why Satan wants it suppressed . The Bible says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge .

Sometimes to gain knowledge we must unlearn some life long habits or teachings and ask direction from God but always be ware Satan can change one word and lead folks astray . So I urge everyone to take your KJV Bible and search it I also use http://www.blueletterbible.org/ for reference . Be not deceived should anyone teach any way to salvation other than Jesus risen flee from them .Should they promote books other than the Bible and the true word of God flee from them .

Our present Church group is about 14 or 15 no preachers at present are schooled by the man made schools .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 am

As a children's pastor I strive to encourage the kids to not take anyone's word for what the Bible says, including my own, but to read it for themselves. Since the beginning of time Satan has twisted God's words around. He did it to Adam and Eve in the very beginning, so he's had a long time to figure out the best way to decieve mankind.

Although I grew up in a church going family, I turned away from it all in my mid-teens. When I came back to God I was in my mid to late 20's. I no longer trusted the teachings of others and searched the scriptures for myself. A lot of the things I was taught I have come to disagree with because I don't see it that way in the Bible. As for forgetting we are only passing through, I learned how quickly our life here on earth can be over at a fairly early age. I was in my early 20's when my kids died. That was a real eye opening for me on just how short our time here is.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes looking back everything looks like it was just seconds ago just like vapor .While researching about nethlium it made the whole Bible from the first page to the last appear as about one hour of time .Even Einstein came to understand time was a object only effecting us . God made time for this specific creation . And as i find with my age i know at best mine is running out .

So what i been hunting is what is my calling or purpose for what i have left . I enjoy posting on some forums as to me that may spread the word to someone somewhere and if only one is reached it is worth it .

I know one should not become discouraged easily but I have become tired from the last beating on a forum as have some others i spoke with . Many want to point to some good thing someone has done and stamp that as a good person that is going to heaven or clame that person is saved .

There are non good the only good person there ever was died for me and all believers . Satan has many going door to door with only a word here and there changed . And as time passes since he knows his time is running out his workers have to find high gear .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:06 am

I understand the frustrations and discouragement, but we need to be like Paul, who stated he fought the good fight and completed the race. I think the most important thing for Christians to remember during these days is that we aren't suppose to be looking toward man for the answers, but only to God. I also try to make people understand that the harder you try to share the gospel, the more Satan will attack. Spiritual warfare is something most don't understand. They want someone to blame or attack, when in reality, our best armour and best way of defeating the attacks is to put on the armour of God and not look to the left nor the right, but stay firmly focused on Jesus and where He is leading us. I believe everyone has a calling, but not everyone will answer that calling. When a person seeks God's face, God will reveal your calling and guide you every step of the way. That's not to say that there won't be obstacles along the way, but it's saying that all things are possible through Christ. It's when we start trying to lead, teach or do anything in our own power or strength that we fail.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks .Yes i let Satan fluster me some time i guess i just want others to seek the word of God and not be destroyed for lack of knowledge Not many really understand they are one heart away from heaven or hell and there are no redoes . All i have done for the past year is read and research . I know i am one heart beat away .

Was told a while back i needed a pacemaker i have no insurance and will not hock the house as i want the wife to not be out in the cold .I just haven't hunted any other help yet . Guess i am just hooked up backwards as when i work most times my heart rate goes down not up . Have hit the floor a couple times But maybe the Lord wanted me slowed down for the rest of the way .You learn what is important and what an't Got every thing done except paying the pallbearers

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I know what you mean about slowing down. These days I have so much nerve damage in my back and legs that the majority of the time I have to lay flat on my back. I think I shocked everyone when just before Easter I took a step of faith and told our Pastor that I wanted to resume my duties as Chidlren's Pastor again. I'm fortunate that Joe is willing to step in and teach the lessons I've prepared on the days I can't stand up, which lately have been far too often. Everyone use to tell me I needed to slow down, guess God agreed. Smile But I will say this, I believe when God calls a person into ministry it's for life, so I'll be ministering to kids until the Lord calls me home, even if I have to do it from a bed.

I also understand what you mean about wanting others to seek the word of God. That's why I fight so hard at times in HT. Seems so many are searching, but refuse to believe in something they can't see. I wish I could show them some of the things I have seen and experienced in life.

I'm sorry about you needing a pacemaker and not being able to afford it. Wish I had enough money to send to you to help. I honestly believe our time on this earth is so short that neither of us will probably see death. So I wouldn't worry much about the pallbearers. Smile People usually think I'm suicidal when I say that I'll be glad when this life is over. Life has not been very kind to me, but I know that I have an eternity pain free and that my son will probably never see the pains that I have experienced in life.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks . Lot of my pain of late is seeing people with eyes refusing to to see or to hear anything different than their past training dictates . Some just won't except if anyone changes one word of the Bible that religion is false . They point out all the good these folks are doing . Works alone will send one to hell as changing the word of God to fit a purpose . Any Church i attend should they hand me a book and say this is our belief i have to ask why not just believe the Bible .

Not saying not to read other books if one has a real strong faith as i have read many but put it side by side with the Bible if it has one word off forget it flee it . I had never been to the Church of Satan web site til a few minutes ago and would you believe those Devils even give to charity .

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 am

Oh, there are many Pagans and Satan worshippers who are actually nice people, so yes, I believe it. My youngest brother and his wife are practicing witches, yet they are a very giving couple.

As for the pain of people refusing to see or hear things that are different than what they have been taught, I understand what you're saying, but I also know that sometimes God calls us to help show the truth, but it must be done with the leading of the Holy Spirit. So many people have seen so many hypocrites that they no longer trust anyone who claims to be a Christian. I am also reminded of the fact that none of us are perfect and am so thankful that God looks at our hearts. Only he can truly know who we are and if we are trying to follow Him. I believe that those that are truly trying to follow Him will find the truth. Remember the blind man that Jesus had healed. At first the man only saw men as trees (possibly shadows, don't have my Bible handy right now), his eyes weren't fully opened immediately. It can be frustrating, but I'm sure that others get frustrated with me too because there's things I still don't quite get. Thankfully God is patient with us. Maybe we should all pray that God will grant us that patience and allow us to see others as he does.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes even Paul had a battle ever day in his walk . Thing is there are many only sees the bad Christians do. Watch close the ones the world is going after is us Bible believers and the Jews . Also notice they are trying to rush the One World Order and a One World Church . I am going as far as to separate the Bible believers from most main stream Churches as there are many that are just tickling mans ear . They preach, give you heart and soul to God and send us your money .

I hold with no denomination . One night we had a called meeting of our Church's rulers and they ask for input from us lowly members ,no one wanted to stand and speak so i as respectfully as i could stood up .

I began . Lady s and gentleman your confession of faith book you put so much stock in, should you go by it even Jesus Christ himself couldn't preach in your Church . Since you say one has to graduate your man sanctified seminary to be qualified to preach here . As you know for this reason among others i requested my name be removed from the Church record as elder .Furthermore i know a communist system when i see it and God gave me a Bible and enough sense to know when one is preaching the word of God or not . You could here a pin drop .

I wasn't a big hit with that bunch of big wigs for sure . The time has come to take a stand .Maybe some time i''ll make a post about my experience with pride and nor taking a stand for the Lord

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes. Before I started this forum I had a yahoo group called The Remnant. God has always kept a remnant that tries to follow his leading. They come in all shapes and sizes and backgrounds. I took my stand many years ago, when I came back to the Lord. I was to the point that I no longer feared death or what anyone really thought of me personally. My only hope and prayer is that the Lord guide me and use me. I know that I'll never be good enough, but am so thankful that we serve a merciful God, and I know I keep coming back to this, but a God that looks at our hearts. Because like Paul, we all struggle to do what is right in God's eyes, yet since God knows our hearts then he knows the ones who truly love him and are trying to walk in his truth. I fall short more often than I would care to admit, but I do love the Lord with all that is in me and will try to be his willing servant until the day he calls me home.

I know a lady that I actually met online about 15 years ago. She was an atheist that was attending a Bible college because it was cheaper than others she looked into. I met her in a Christian chat room called Global Christian Network. She came to the chatroom for reserach. The professor gave her an assigment to figure out who Jesus was. The professor was teaching that Jesus was just a man, a good man, but just a man, and it was her assignment to debate the issue (she was a law student). I sat and read all the various responses she got about who Jesus was and what one must do to be saved. It was so sickening to watch these "Christians" tear one another apart when there was an unsaved soul there. This chatroom had some private chatrooms set aside, so after watching the bickering back and forth for awhile, I invited this young lady into a private chat and also invited a minister's wife that I knew to join us. There is no doubt this young lady was demon oppressed. Every time I mentioned that Satan was our enemy you would go off the deep end, cussing me out and at times she would get physically ill. We stayed in touch for ten years, without her ever making a commitment, then one day I got an email from her telling me that she finally understood and had actually cried out to God. She repented and accepted Jesus as her Savior. She is now in her 30's and works among Somalia women, ministering and witnessing to them, even though each day she does this she puts her life at risk. I was blessed to finally be able to meet her a couple of times. It's amazing how God completely turned her around. The reason I posted about this young lady is to try to explain that the church buildings and denominations are not the church, God's children are. Those who have accepted the gift of salvation. Now, I'm not one that advocates not atttending church, in fact, I'm a strong believer that we should attend church services, for a couple of reasons, God designed us to help one another in our walk, and when we mature we should be there to disciple others who are just starting their journeys. Do I agree with most Church doctrines? No, in fact I've never found a single denomination that I agree 100% with, but I do trust the Lord to lead me to the place I'm suppose to be, regardless of the name above the church. The church we currently attend is one I feel blessed to have been sent to. Are they perfect? No, but they are filled with the love of God and I have never heard them preach or teach anything that didn't line up with the scriptures. I have also attended churches that I have prayed for God to release me from because they were so awful, but have learned to stay until God releases me because you never know if God has you there to reach out to one person, or that God has a person there that is suppose to be reaching out to you to give a better understanding on something God is doing in your life.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:01 pm

That was a blessing to read .
Yea right now we have a preacher on Sunday morning that came out of the Baptist teachings some what . Then when you try to pin a name on our Sunday night and Wednesday night preacher he just says he was called by God to preach to any that would listen said i'm a Jesus preacher .

I had the job of hunting for a preacher for one Sunday so called a fellow i knew and ask him if he would fill in one Sunday . His question was what do you want me to preach and I told him the Lord Jesus Christ and him risen . He said that i can do .

People would never believe the money spent to prove there is no divine creator and then to hide the fact there is . Did you know one fellow figured the odds of Darwin being right was like winning the lottery 90 days in a row . For me that is really slim odds as i haven't bought the first ticket .

I'm getting foggy got to quit for the night

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:10 pm

There are two major viewpoints on "the sons of God." One was presented here already, that fallen angels cohabited with human women and produced tainted offspring. I personally believe the other viewpoint, that the "sons of God" were the Sethites (children of Seth.)

In the New Testament, Christ tells us that the angels do not marry and are not given in marriage, so I believe that includes fallen angels as well. They are sexless beings.

Also, in the geneology we see Adam referred to as "the son of God." Now Adam had two sons, Cain and Able. Cain killed Able--making him marked. He was tainted by sin. Able's sacrifice was the one accepted by God, not Cains's, but Able was dead. He would not have a favorable, godly lineage to pass down.

So, when Seth was born he was the replacement for Able. Thus, his seed was good. When his offspring (the sons of God) got together with the ungodly children of Cain, (the daughters of men) the lineage was no longer pure.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Nice to see you moutainmama. Smile I will have to go back and re-read the posts, but I think Rohn did mention another viewpoint on who they were.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 pm

This is a great discussion .And for some reason most every seminary teaches that view .So i ask why could it be because in the last days it will be the same as in the days of Noah . So who produced these giants they were here before the flood and after too. So if one believes the Bible when it says all flesh was destroyed except for Noah and his seed was pure . How could you have these giants on earth after the flood too. There are 13 references to the giants all bad guys Goliath was one .

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.
Gen 6:5 ΒΆ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 am

Good question, Sawmill Jim. I believe the giants came about as a result of the Sethites introducing their genes into the line of Cain. In the study of genetics, whenever you have a certain people or animal group that produce offspring with each other, you will see certain common genetic traits. For example, it's normal for Icelandic people to have blond hair, fair skin, and blue eyes. Over the years, those traits become more and more common as the people intermarry with others of those same (usually recessive) characteristics. Now, if you take a black haired, dark skinned, brown-eyed person with the dominant darker genes, their offspring is going to have more variety in looks because the genetics for those characteristics have been introduced into the line.

I think when the Bible says the sons of God saw the daughters of men as "fair to look on" they saw some traits different from or not as normal for their women, and they were attracted to that beauty. When they got together, their offspring produced different results and the giants came about. Remember the giant Goliath had a brother with 6 fingers on each hand--that's a deformity caused when certain genes are mixed. This is one reason why cousins aren't supposed to marry cousins, because of dangerous abnormalities that can come about with some genes. Sometimes it's called "inbreeding."

As for the Sethites being "sons of God" and having a pure line, I believe they were pure before God in the spiritual sense. As Able had the better sacrifice instead of Cain, he was the blessed one, the one who was righteous in God's eyes. By marrying the unrighteous daughters of men, the Sethites corrupted their godly lineage.

I think the Sethites were not to marry the unrighteous "daughters of men" just like Israel was not to marry foreign wives who worshiped idols, because it corrupted the people spiritually.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am

Well for God to send a savior he needed a pure blood line not a spiritual one .Theses fallen ones breeding with women was Satan's way to try to out Fox God . Just look at why the children of Israel got to wonder in the wilderness forty years because the spies said they looked like grasshoppers to the giants in the land . Also look up the size of King Og's bed he was a giant .
Ever wonder where demons come from

Here is a good study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMgHx2gIp2I

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum