Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me?

4 posters

Go down

On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? Empty On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me?

Post by Ernie Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 pm

I am deeply seeking what it means to walk constantly in prayer with Jesus. Not just in times of trial, as is our want, but a constant communion with Jesus, who makes intercession for us at the throne of grace. I have been listening to Dr. Cairns and his sermons on the topic, and following up with some bible study of my own, but I'm very interested in hearing your own thoughts and experiences on this matter.

Share with me?
Ernie
Ernie

Back to top Go down

On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? Empty Re: On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me?

Post by Sonshine Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 am

I've always taken that to mean that God is always in our thoughts and that we talk to him throughout the day about every aspect of our lives. It seems too often that Christians use prayer as a wish list, forgetting that God is interested in everything in our lives, from the smallest to the largest. All our hopes, dreams, fears, ect. I have a lot of time on my hands these days due to my medical condition and I spend alot of time just talking to Jesus.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me? Empty Re: On the Topic of Prayer - Share with Me?

Post by Sawmill Jim Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Took me a long time but i have found i am thankful some of my prayers weren't answered . God knows best .Have found it is hard to just be still and let God be God with out my hurrying input .

After all i am over blessed i have a roof over my head ,food a plenty and shoes on my feet what more could one want .And blessed with a great wife .

All my needs have been provided and my wants are few Very Happy

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:22 am

I agree that it's good that God doesn't always answer all our prayers the way we want Him to. I think the old Hymn, Count Your Blessings, has alot of merit. Too often we forget how much the Lord has really done for us. We begin to take Him for granted. Yet when we start thinking on all He has done for us, not just materialistically, but everything, that's when we realize how truly blessed we are.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernie Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 am

Well, from my understanding, prayer isn't just supposed to be about what we need or want. It's supposed to be part of our continual walk with God. It's a conduit between you and the Almighty. HE knows what we need ... do we know what His will is for us?
Ernie
Ernie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

That last part Ernie is a tough one some days . I think we are suppose to shine our light so others can see but lots of times i got mine on dim or out and i'v been working on it .Got to where i rather take a beating as watch Tv .

Went to take some turnips and greens to a widow lady couple hours ago her daughter had a loud stupid cuss and fuss movie going we didn't tarry long at all .

Here should our Tv happen to be on if you drop by off it goes i prefer friends to any racket devices .Our visit list is rather short

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:25 am

My prayer has always been that people can see Jesus in me and that He allows me to see others as He sees them.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I have a problem of not "helping" God with what I think I need, but I'm working on it. He knows exactly what I need, I just need to learn patience and allow Him to work in my life.

I am finding that I need Him more each day as our world goes crazy, it's actually comforting to rely on Him and what He sees fit to provide to me.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 pm

I know what you mean Patrice. It's hard for people who have always been independent and self reliant to leave it to anyone else, even God. One thing my medical problems have forced me to do is to rely more on Joe and on God. It's a hard lesson to learn.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sawmill Jim Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Kind of reminds me of a thought i'll toss out Surprised

One of the men at church said we should pray for the Lord to send us a full time preacher . So big mouth me piped up and said we needed to also ask for the wisdom to recognize one when he did .

So i need wisdom to recognize blessings when the Lord sends them sometimes they aren't dressed the way we want them so wisdom is my prayer . Like a Star @ heaven

Sawmill Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:59 am

Wisdom is an important thing to pray for, as is praying that God's will be done. There have been many times that I have prayed for things and was surprised at how God answered those prayers. I guess I sort of thought God should answer them the way I thought it should be, but fortunately, God's ways are better than ours. He knows what each answer will put into motion, where we have to rely on our day to day understanding.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down