Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER

4 posters

Go down

WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER Empty WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:06 am

In the first-century church at Jerusalem, the Greek widows were being neglected in the daily distribution of food. Naturally, they sought the help of the leaders in the church.

The apostles did not feel right about giving up their study of God's Word and time in prayer just to oversee this administrative task, so they called together the church body and said, "It is not reason [good] that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables" (Acts 6:2). As a result, seven men of "good report" were appointed to handle all the church's business affairs. In the meantime, the apostles pledged, "We will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word" (Acts 6:4).

The result of this arrangement was: "The word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied" (Acts 6:7). The church grew because these men refused to neglect their primary task.

Very few pastors today will make this kind of sacrifice. One minister looked me in the eye and said, "I simply don't have time to pray. I'm too busy. There are too many demands on my time." Another pastor confessed to me, "I haven't prayed in months. I meditate and have quick devotions occasionally, but I can't bring myself into the discipline of prayer."

I don't want to condemn any hardworking, devoted minister of God. But the fact is, every servant rises and falls to his own master, and many preachers of the gospel today are not aware that they have become victims of a satanic conspiracy of interruptions. They are constantly on the run, bogged down under an avalanche of duties and details.

I thank God we are never at the mercy of Satan or any of his devices. We can expose his tactics, speak the word of faith, and in Christ’s name stop every single interruption. By the power of God’s Spirit within us, we can clear our path to the Lord’s gates and come boldly to His throne of grace to receive help in our time of need. That is what the Lord desires for all of us.

http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/19749?src=devo-email
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER Empty Re: WE WILL GIVE OURSELVES TO PRAYER

Post by Rohn Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Good truth there Sonshine.

The thing is that prayer is not just up to the pastor's, but every Christian needs to be a praying Christian. If all who claimed to be Christians really spent time in prayer like they should we could see some wonderful victories won for God. cheers
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 am

One of the great Christian forefathers said he had so much to do one day he could not get through the day without at least 4 hours in prayer. I don't remember who it was, maybe George Mueller or Martin Luther.

The Word says the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. I think to be "effective" in prayer, we must be frequent in prayer.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:22 am

Glen Beck has issued a challenge to his veiwers. With 40 days till the election he is asking his veiwers to fast and pray for the next 40 days for the elections. I am going to be fasting one meal a day and praying. Any of you want to join me?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:24 am

Rohn, you are absolutely right. It's not just those in ministry that need to pray daily, but all who call themselves Christians. I really don't know how a Christian can stand without taking time each day talking with the Lord.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 am

I cannot fast due to blood sugar issues, but you better believe I'm praying hard.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 am

mountainmama wrote:I cannot fast due to blood sugar issues, but you better believe I'm praying hard.

Same here, but I've been praying and will continue to do so.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 am

dizzy wrote:
mountainmama wrote:I cannot fast due to blood sugar issues, but you better believe I'm praying hard.

Same here, but I've been praying and will continue to do so.

A fast does not have to be a total no food fast although that is what most people who fast practice, if their health permits them to do so. But you can do a fast of something you really enjoy eating for a certain period of time. I believe God would honor this kind of a fast also.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 am

Some people will fast meat, or sweets, etc. Like Rohn, I believe God honors those types of fasts too. I can't do a complete fast due to health issues, but I am able to do a breakfast fast. Other times I have fasted coffee, or soft drinks, or sweets, well, you get the idea.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum