Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Weekly weigh in - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Weekly weigh in

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Weekly weigh in - Page 2 Empty Re: Weekly weigh in

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 14, 2011 2:53 am

I also forgot to weigh in this morning. Embarassed
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon May 16, 2011 3:25 am

I weighed yesterday (Saturday) morning. I remained the same. I'm not happy with it but I guess what with all the restaurant eating we did last week no gain was a good thing. We ate out twice on Mother's Day then Thursday night and Friday night. Also one day William brought chicken home for dinner.

I wish I could eat all the greens and salads I want. But I can't right now so I will add more walking and outside work to my day and see if that helps with a weight loss.

Now that all the running around is over maybe I can get back into the groove and stay away from fast food and greasy restaurant food.

Also, I am going to start weighing in on Saturday. That day is a lot less hectic and maybe I will remember to weigh Saturday morning.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 am

Even if you didn't lose any weight, at least you didn't gain any. You should give yourself a pat on the back for that. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am

I still haven't remembered to weigh in Embarassed I'll wait until tomorrow morning, hopefully I will remember. I probably won't show any weight loss though because my joints are very swollen and I've been retaining water lately. Sad
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon May 23, 2011 4:46 am

I weighed...Just forgot to post. Still the same. Two weeks in a row...Didn't lose and didn't gain...Sort of discouraged right now. Guess I need to get out and run around the house.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon May 23, 2011 11:29 am

Mississippi Momma, don't get discouraged. Remember the old saying, "slow and stead wins the race". I imagine you will have some weeks that remain the same, but then the following week will probably show a loss. I'm praying for all of you who are going through this. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

I haven't remembered to weigh in again Sad Sorry gals, I know I'm not holding up my end of the encouragement deal here. I'll try to do better this week. Smile

I think I figured out part of the problem of the sheer exhaustion I've been feeling lately. My blood sugars have been running high for about 2 months but I may have finally figured out why last night. A couple of months ago I stopped one of the meds the rhuemtologist gave me that was to help me sleep. I didn't like the strange side affects. Well, last night I was just so exhausted that I decided to take one just to see if I would get a better quality of sleep. I actually did get better sleep, I feel more rested than I have in a couple of months, I'm still drousy though this morning. My morning blood sugar reading was almost back to where is was originally 2 months ago. I guess lack of real rest does affect my blood sugars! Wink

I'll try to remember to weigh in as soon as I check my blood sugar and take my synthroid tomorrow morning.

Last edited by PATRICE IN IL on Mon May 23, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu May 26, 2011 2:44 am

Sonshine, thank you for the prayers.

Since William is out of school now we've been eating our larger meal at lunch. That way we still have work to do so therefore work off some of the calories. For supper we're eating lighter. We have a sandwich of something like the kabobs I made last night that had mostly vegetables on them. Also I only made three kabobs so when they were gone there was no more to get seconds. LOL

When our garden start producing good we'll eat a lot more veggies instead of meats and breads. Well except the tomato sandwiches of course. Oh and cucumber sandwiches....and well the salad sandwiches (cucumber, sliced onion and tomatoes). With 45 calorie per slice bread and the veggies we'll eat low calorie and low carbs. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 am

I finally remembered to weigh in yesterday morning and have not lost anything. Sad I REALLY need to get myself refocused to eating lower carbs.

I have been searching different diets online the last few nights, mainly for some recipe suggestions. I came across a site for the Paleo Diet Lifestyle, it looks pretty interesting, diet wise, not the caveman part LOL. More of an eating plan like our ancestors ate. http://paleodietlifestyle.com/
It looks more doable than the Atkins diet because you can have fruits and starchy veggies. You basically cut out/limit your intake of grains. I think I may go ahead and give this eating plan a try to see if I can jump start my weight loss.

I really love my potatoes so getting to still have them in my diet would make me more apt to stick with it. I know it will definitely help get my blood sugars back on track too.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun May 29, 2011 1:35 am

I weighed this morning....Patting myself on the back....I've lost three pounds this week. I guess eating the larger meal at lunch and a sandwich for supper must be paying off. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 29, 2011 10:44 am

Patrice, stick with it. Just be sure whatever diet you try is one you can stick to. Sometimes slow and easy wins the race. Smile

Mississippi Momma, congratulations. Keep up the good work.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 30, 2011 2:42 am

Good Job Mississippi Momma, keep it up!!! Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 am

Thank y'all for the encouragement. This week I didn't do good. I didn't weigh on Saturday as William was rushing me out the door to go to the yard sales but I did weigh this morning and I'd gained two pounds.

I didn't get outside and move about as much last week as I'd been doing because of the heat and I'm off one of the fluid pills that I'd been taking for my B/P so I'm laying it off on those two things. LOL I'll try to get outside more but if the heat continues like it was last week I can't stay out long or I start wheezing.

I've got to get my exercise bike home so I can ride it when it's so hot outside.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

Mississippi Momma, don't worry about the 2 pounds. Weight is going to fluctuate, so don't get discouraged. Come down and visit us and I'll get you exercising in the pool. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:21 am

Thank you sonshine. That visit sounds nice. Smile My nephew has a pool and as soon as the workers finish with his pool house I'm going to see if he will let me come over and swim and exercise. He lives just across the road from me.

His wife told me that I could come over any time I wanted but unfortunately they've gotten a divorce so I need to talk to him before I go over. I'm sure he won't mind but I do want to ask. LOL
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 am

Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise. It's the only exercise the doctor would let me do after my surgery. Well, actually, he didn't let me swim, but let me get in and use a boogie board to kick around on. Smile Now I'm getting in the pool almost everyday with Tyler. It's a great way to get exercise in this heat.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 am

I got up early Saturday morning and went to work in the garden. I forgot to weigh in and had intended to do it yesterday morning but forgot again. I think I'll wait and weigh in this coming Saturday. I'm sorry.

By the time I remembered it was up in the morning on Saturday and I like to weigh first thing after I get up. I weigh less then. LOL
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:15 pm

I got weighed in at the doctor's office yesterday morning and I've gained 4 pounds. Sad

I really need to get moving and watch my diet more closely. Once my body gets used to the higher dose of thyroid medicine it should be easier for me to get myself moving and hopefully I won't need my daily nap after that.

Don't worry about forgetting Mississippi Momma, I do that all the time. LOL
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 am

Patrice, it's funny how the thyroid will affect weight. Some people it makes it impossible for them to gain, like my Sisterinlaw, who looks like she's skin and bones. My motherinlaw has the opposite problem with it and has gained weight since her thyroid started not functioning properly. Hope they get your meds right so you aren't as tired, although, with the work you do at the food pantry plus taking care of your homestead, it's no wonder you need naps. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks Sonshine for the encouragement. It's really hard for me to lose weight, even without medication issues.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 am

I remembered to weigh in this morning. I had William to read the scales for me. According to what he told me I weigh I've lost three pounds in the last two weeks.

I probably sweated it off working outside but as long as it's less I'm o.k. with it. LOL

BTW Patrice if I'd weighed at the doctor's office I would have gained two pounds. His scales are always five pounds more than mine. I take mine over his. So your gain was probably due to the different scales. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:49 am

Good Job Mississippi Momma! Smile

You are right about the scales being different, but I can tell I've gained a few pounds just by the way I feel. Sad

After Monday I'm REALLY going to try my hardest to not eat sweet things and watch my carbs better. I have to get my sugar levels back under control or I'll have to go to a higher dose of my medicine, which I DO NOT want to have to do.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 am

Thank you Patrice.

I know what you mean about the blood sugar. I need to have an A1C done but I'm afraid of the results. It seems the last few weeks all I've wanted was something sweet. I do try to eat lighter sweets but sometimes they don't satisfy me. The odd thing is when I'm craving sweets if I don't eat the sweet that I'm craving I'm like a vaccum cleaner sucking up everything in sight....sweet or not. Weird what diabetes does to ones system.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 am

I lost one pound this last week. I weighed this morning before we left for Meridian. I thought I'd gained but William checked the scales for me and he said it was one pound less than last week. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:54 pm

I've been crazy off track with the diet, I've already blown it this morning, but I'm going to TRY REALLY HARD to get back on track and stay there. I need to stop the sweets cold turkey, but the sugar withdrawl crabbiness is going to kill ALL of us this week. ;(

I don't know why I am having such a hard time sticking to my diet this year. I think it might just be all of the stress over the financial condition of our country. When I'm stressed or bored I tend to over eat. I've been too busy to be bored so it has to be the stress. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum