Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might

4 posters

Go down

Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might Empty Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might

Post by Sonshine Mon May 11, 2009 2:13 am

Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might - www.breitbart.com

Russia on Saturday sternly warned its foes not to dare attempt any aggression against the country, as it put on a Soviet-style show of military might in Red Square including nuclear capable missiles.

The display to mark the 64th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany in World War II came amid renewed tensions with Georgia after NATO's decision to hold war games in the Caucasus country infuriated Moscow.

"We are sure that any aggression against our citizens will be given a worthy reply," President Dmitry Medvedev said in a speech in Red Square side-by-side with powerful Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

"The victory over fascism is a great example and a great lesson for all peoples and is still current today when people are again starting military adventures," he added.

Russia's war with Georgia in August over Georgian breakaway regions sent Moscow-NATO ties to their worst level since the Cold War and tensions have flared again over the alliance's decision to go ahead with the exercises.

Moscow, which remains at loggerheads with Georgia's pro-Western President Mikheil Saakashvili, angrily condemned the war games that started this week as a provocation that risk stoking instability in the region.

"Protecting the motherland is our holy duty, it is a moral foundation for all generations," said Medvedev. "The future of Russia will be peaceful, happy and successful."

Before handing over to Medvedev as president last year, Putin resurrected the Soviet practice -- dropped after Communism -- of having missiles and heavy tanks rumbling over the Red Square cobbles in front of Russia's leaders.

Thousands of soldiers and more than 100 items of hardware featured in the Red Square parade, which was matched by similar demonstrations across Russia involving almost 30,000 troops, officials said.

Thousands of soldiers marched past Medvedev and Putin, before dozens of heavy tanks, including the main T-90 battle tank and the Sprut self-propelled anti-tank gun, thundered through Red Square to the sound of martial music.

There was a rare public showing for some of Russia's best known missile systems, including the S-300 and S-400 anti-aircraft missiles, the short range Iskander-M and the medium-range Buk.

As in 2008, Russia proudly showed off a half dozen examples of its nuclear-capable Topol intercontinental ballistic missile which has a range of more than 10,000 kilometres (6,500 miles).

Squadrons of fighter jets also flew over Red Square.

The parade was overseen by Defense Minister Anatoly Serdukov, a civilian ex-furniture salesman implementing a hugely controversial military reform to eliminate Soviet-era structures and prepare the army for modern warfare.

"Greetings comrades! I congratulate you on the 64th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War," Serdukov, dressed in a suit, told the soldiers from an open-top car.

"Hurrah!," shouted the soldiers, creating a huge wave of sound with the traditional Russian victory cry that shook Red Square.

According to the Russian authorities, 8.6 million Soviet soldiers and 27-28 million civilians were killed in the conflict. Officials have repeatedly emphasised that Russia's role in defeating Hitler should never be forgotten.

Moscow has been festooned with official posters with slogans like "May 9, a holiday in our homes and in our hearts" while state television has repeatedly played archive footage of the war.

The restoration of the heavy weaponry to the parade is a throwback to the days when reclusive Soviet leaders would observe the proceedings from the top of Lenin's mausoleum on Red Square.

However as in 2008, Putin and Medvedev avoided embarrassing comparisons with the past by surveying events from a podium rather than the mausoleum, which was largely hidden by a festive hoarding.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might Empty Re: Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might

Post by 7dawn Tue May 12, 2009 9:39 am

You know, after I read this last night I got that picture in my head where Putin is shirtless and holding a gun. I am still shuddering from the image...It doth look like all our old enemies are rising up and the new administration and all the brilliant ones that have been in office since they were kids are going to hand us over on a silver platter.
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might Empty Re: Russia warns foes in Soviet-style show of might

Post by Sonshine Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 am

Why do you think they are rising up now? They know they won't have to face opposition.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 pm

This is so true...I am hoping that our government gets some sense slapped into them. I only see us heading down a communist road right now. So sad...
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beccachow Wed May 13, 2009 4:08 am

Look, you all are forgetting, rest assured our current president of the US will give them a STERN talking to and send them to their rooms without dinner.
beccachow
beccachow

Back to top Go down

Look, you all are forgetting, rest assured our current president of the US will give them a STERN talking to and send them to their rooms without dinner.
beccachow
beccachow

Back to top Go down

beccachow
beccachow

Back to top Go down

Post by 7dawn Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 am

LOL!!! Backy, are you trying to say something there? Like our president will give them a STERN talking to and send them to their rooms without dinner?
7dawn
7dawn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by My1SqueakyShoe Fri May 15, 2009 8:09 am

I think she had a siezure....... Is she okay????? Or just worked up......
My1SqueakyShoe
My1SqueakyShoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum