Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 am

Dinner was at 3:30 but there's some left if you hurry you can make it here for a midnight snack. Wink

Dinner was delicious but the apples turned out so yummy! I peeled and sliced them, sprinkled them with cinnamon/sugar and dotted with butter. Covered it with foil and grilled on the top shelf until tender. My DS said it would have been even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 24 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by 12acrehome Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:58 am

next time try cutting the cinnamon in half, and adding nutmeg. tastes like the apple pie filling my grandmother used to make
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 am

Home made vegetable stew with home made rye bread for supper. Yum! It was so good!
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:28 am

Good idea Keith Smile

Rohn your dinner sounds yummy especially the bread since I can no longer eat gluten/wheat/rye/oats. Sad
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Patrice you can eat certified GF oats, but we cannot eat barely, rye or wheat. 

We CAN eat buckwheat, which is not a wheat at all.  Try making a loaf with buckwheat flour ... it almost tastes like rye.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Rohn wrote:Home made  vegetable stew with home made rye bread for supper.  Yum!  It was so good!  

That sounds like a fine dinner

While I have not intentionally looked for GF foods, I have noticed some very creative flour substitutes on the store shelves. If you can have GF oats, then GF oat flour could be made and used for heavier breads, couldn't it?
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Yes Keith, it can also be mixed with other gf flours for making biscuits, muffins, cakes or quick breads. The thing I'm finding is by avoiding all grains I'm getting MUCH better blood sugar reading & need very little insulin vs my old diet. The occasional treat of gf baked goods will help to keep my sugars down and help me loose weight. Wink Most gf flours are all starches and actually raise blood sugar levels higher than wheat did. Sad Rice is the only grain I'm consuming in limited quantities. I've radically changed my diet, avoiding grain consumption, after reading "Wheat Belly" & "Wheat Belly Total Health".
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:50 am

We have a beautiful fall day here in Mississippi today. We are trying to get the house back in order today because we spent last week finishing crafts to carry to Sebastopolooza Festival in a little town near us last Saturday. I let everything go pretty much (except for dishes etc) and now have to get everything done in the next two days. This is all o.k. though. I'm just thankful we are able to do the crafts, go to the festivals and that we have a home to clean.

For dinner I plan to make stuffed peppers, green beans and squash. I'm trying to eat low carb to get my blood sugar back under control.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 am

Good luck with your craft show MM!

Yesterday, as long as I was feeling half good, I decided to pull out several meats to grill today. So we had a choice of ribeye steak, pork chops or Italian sausage for dinner tonight. Now I have several meats in the refrigerator ready to reheat for the next few day's dinners. Wink All I'll have to do is make a couple of side dishes to go with them.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Good for you. We do that as well.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 am

Thank you Patrice.  We didn't do as well as hoped for but we did make more than the booth rent cost us.  LOL  So I call that success.  

This morning I cooked eggs and smoked turkey sausage for me and added some cinnamon/raisin toast for DH.  Tonight I'm making some spaghetti sauce and adding some turkey meatballs to it.   Then I'm making DH a meatball sandwich and fresh greens (a mixture of turnip greens, mustard, kale, and chard from the garden) and a green salad to go with the meatballs.  I'm trying to eat low carb since my blood sugar is still way up.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:01 am

My day was tiring, but at least I had a good dinner. I cooked some onion, pepper and asparagus in butter, then added flour, then milk and water and let it get thick. Then I added cooked chicken and a jar of pimentos and served it over rice.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:22 am

I hit the drive thru at Wendy's on the way home from DH's doctor appointment. I got a broccoli cheddar baked potato and a bacon cheddar baked potato and ate half of each because I wanted both the broccoli and the bacon. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:38 am

We had pan fried salmon, mac and cheese and peas tonight.  I got the salmon on sale a few weeks ago.  It turned out yummy!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:38 am

Today is Monday, January 5, 2015 and it's a beautiful day here in East Central Mississippi.  The temp is supposed to get up to 45 today and it's all downhill after today with temps staying in the 30s during the day until the weekend.  

We've been busy this morning getting the Christmas tree undecorated and the other decorations down so DH can take them to the storage unit when he goes to pick our dog up from the vet.  

I have some rabbit legs in the crockpot cooking in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth.  I plan to add some brown rice and broccoli as side dishes to the rabbit for our dinner tonight.  

I have one more load of laundry to do to be finished with laundry until later in the week.  I hope I can sew on a quilt top starting Wednesday.  

Everyone have a wonderful week.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:45 am

Yum the rabbit sounds good!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:41 am

Especially since I had leftovers.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:57 am

The rabbit turned out good. The legs were very tender and the gravy was smooth. I'll do this again if everything goes as planned. In fact one of my cousins-in-law told me she was sending her DH to eat rabbit with us since he fusses because she won't cook any for him but she said she'd never cooked nor ate rabbit. I told her if the rabbit was good I'd cook some for him. He's been really sick (bone cancer but in remission now) so if he feels like eating rabbit I can sure cook some for him. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm glad it turned out good. I've never eaten rabbit, don't know if I'd like it myself.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:29 pm

I have, but it's been years ago. And, my brother didn't do the greatest job of cleaning it. It was a wild rabbit, and still had some shot in it. Laughing

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Rabbit is wonderful and tame rabbit is even more wonderfuler!  The worst part about raising meat rabbits is killing them.  Some people just can't handle offing a cute furry bunny.

All made easier if you eat them.  So good!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:31 pm

If I ever start doing meat rabbits, I know I'd have to start w/NZ whites. I've had pet rabbits most of my life, and my favorite ones are the ones that look like wild rabbits. The NZ whites, IMO, just aren't that cute.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Something about those blood shot pink eyes.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 pm

LOL. Yes and those sharp teeth. We had NZ Whites as our first rabbits and they were so mean that it didn't bother me at all to send them to Freezer Camp.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:49 pm

It's brutal out today! I pulled out some chicken breast to make a casserole for dinner. I bought some of the corn bases pasta from Aldi to try so I'm thinking cheesy chicken and pasta casserole with broccoli. I made a batch of gluten free chocolate chip cookies from the Aldi Live G Free line and they turned out pretty yummy. Wink I'll buy the mix again.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next