Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by 12acrehome Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:41 am

spent the day in waiting rooms at a local Hospital (St Mary's of Evansville) dinner was from the cafeteria. I was very impressed!! Fresh salads, made to order, broiled salmon with a chunky fruit salsa like concoction on top, steamed rice, with pinto beans and a fresh dinner roll. Even the iced tea was pretty good. Dinner for three (Mom, DW, and me) was less than 20 bucks.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 23 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, the doctor's changing my pain meds and are scheduling me for RFA. I had RFA before my surgery and it seemed to help some then, so I'm praying it'll help again. Not looking forward to them poking around my spine though.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:23 pm

praying the RFA helps
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:06 am

Long but productive day. Grilled chicken breasts with grilled vegies (whatever I have on hand).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 am

12acrehome wrote:praying the RFA helps
Thank you. I dread going through them again, because they are a bit painful, but if it works it'll be worth it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 am

I hope the RFA works wonders for you this time around Sonshine.

I've been busy canning peaches and peach jam today. Yesterday I canned some tomato sauce. We had a frozen pizza for dinner because I was busy canning. I still have more peaches to finish on Friday morning then I'll go back to the tomatoes. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry double post
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:53 am

We're having pork chops. Not sure what else yet.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 am

We're having pork chops too, pulled them to thaw yesterday but got too busy to make them.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Thought I'd revive this old thread so what are you cooking today?

I'm making a classic lasagna for the guys and a gluten free zucchini lasagna for myself. I've got some baseball bats, errr I mean zucchinis that got away from me that I'll be slicing to use in place of pasta for my lasagna. I like to add ground zucchini, carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion and garlic to my sauce to pack it full of extra vitamins and minerals. I'll probably dice up a few tomatoes from the garden and add them to the sauce as well. I like to use a combination of mild Italian sausage and ground beef in my sauce for flavor and texture.

I usually make a large pan of lasagna then cut and wrap individual portions for the freezer after I've chilled the leftovers for a day to help the layers solidify. Wink

I'm probably going to play with making a gluten free/grain free pumpkin pie and some gluten free/grain free carrot cake muffins this afternoon. I need to start testing recipes for the holidays so I have time to tweek them to my taste. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 pm

I have a good pumpkin pie recipe and anymore I just bake it crustless.  That way everyone can enjoy it.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm going to try a ground pecan recipe I found in the Wheat Belly book, it's actually for the cheesecake recipe but it should compliment the pumpkin pie nicely. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:36 am

I'm not doing it today, but one day this week, I'm going to try a peach/rhubarb pie. I never picked my rhubarb this spring and from what I've read, it should still be OK to use.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:08 am

interesting day today, several decisions made...I'll post those in a more appropriate place.

Spent the day just kinda piddling around finishing up a few light chores.

Breakfast was a trip to our local Cracker Barrel (we like to call it our crack bar, LOL) Had not been there in almost a year. Followed by a quick trip through Rural King, boy I could spend a fortune in there if I'm not careful.

For dinner, I'm slow smoking a Beef Loin tip roast, and plan to have noodles, gravy and brussel sprouts with it. Dessert will be fresh from my parents tree organic pears.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:55 am

Dizy you'll have to let us now how your pie turns out, it sounds delicious.

What time is dinner Keith?? I'll be arriving a bit late so just save me some minus the noodles. Wink Sounds yummy!

Well, I did manage to get both lasagnas into the oven about 45 minutes ago so dinner will be late tonight. I'm too tired to mess with dessert so it will be ice cream.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am

I don't have any ice cream. Hubby was supposed to buy me some, and forgot. Sad

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:55 am

I love Cracker Barrel everywhere BUT our local one.  For some reason those folks can't cook.  The food is so consistently nasty we have quit going.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 am

Had a great couple of days, setting up the deer blind, picking apples, prepping and dehydrating apples, cooking and freezing apples, helped DW bring in the cold sensitive plants from the porch and cleaned up the clutter from the kitchen and living room.

I even got in a little squirrel hunting time. Supper tonight is gonna be bean soup with smoked Kielbasa (instead of ham) and fresh baked cornbread.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:17 am

And I thought it was going to be squirrel.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:59 pm

LOL, nah
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Sounds like a nice couple of days Keith Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:34 pm

I wanted something different for dinner so I made chicken with broccoli & rice in a triple cheddar sauce. I used to love the Green Giant boil in bag one but they no longer make it. Sad I've made it in the past using the Green Giant broccoli with cheese sauce and added my own rice & chicken but tonight's version was from scratch. It turned out very yummy and we have a bunch left over for my DS to take for lunch tomorrow. Smile I love making dishes that stretch into multiple meals using only a single large chicken breast as the protein source. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Same here.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:53 am

Tonight's dinner is going to be grilled pork chops with potatoes roasted on the grill and fresh from the garden green beans. I might even add in some baked apples for dessert, also made on the grill. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 am

yummy!! When do we eat?
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next