Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by backtotheland Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks FarmFresh. I just checked out the container gardening thread you started. My biggest concern is how much sun I'm going to have to work with. Last year I planted herbs in pots and when I moved they got put in the shed. I better get my behind out there to see what's happening with them.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 29 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:06 am

You can always use smaller pots that you can move more easily to accommodate their sun needs. That way you can grow a greater variety of things.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:58 am

I didn't get any outside work done today.  DH cut the grass in the backyard and around the raised beds.  Fresh cut grass drives my nose crazy and I sneeze until I can't sneeze any more.  

It's been a gorgeous day here today.  Comfortably warm or cool whichever you prefer.  Smile  

I did some more of the house hold chores and talked to my son for an hour.  He doesn't call very often. I usually do the calling but today he called and he was in a talking mood.  We talk gardening, grandchildren and politics.  He's about the only one who will discuss politics with me. LOL

We had baked pork chops dusted with dry ranch dressing mix, baked potatoes and corn/black bean salad for dinner.  Now I need a nap.  

My youngest daughter called me today.  She had been to the doctor to get the results of an occult blood test she had done.  It was positive.  Will you all please keep her in your prayers.  The doctor she saw today wants her to see a GI doctor and the earliest she can get in is in July.  That's three months!!!!!!  Of course this momma wants it to be tomorrow.  Will you please keep her in your prayers.  Her name is Lisa.  Thank you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:16 am

Will do on the prayers for Lisa. I'm glad you had nice weather and a good day.

It's been chilly and very windy all day. I didn't get much of anything accomplished today. I did make dinner tonight, the pepper steak I've been having a taste for and it came out yummy. Even my dh ate it and said he liked it. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 am

Today was kind of a lost day. I had a meeting at the hospital this morning at 7 a.m. and then friends and I went out for breakfast. After that I took some homemade laundry soap over to my oldest daughter and she did my nails. She is a Jamberry consultant and I had had the first ones she put on for going on seven weeks and it was time for a change. These are nicer than acrylics because there are no chemicals. I usually don't do stuff like this anymore but if it will help her get started I'll give it a try. I have to work today from 6 until 9 so I think I'm going to have a light supper. It has been cold and rainy all day here and tomorrow we're actually supposed to get snow showers. This is getting old, I'm ready for nice warm weather.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:38 am

We got a few more tomato plants in the ground and DH got some more of the ground broken for the butter beans. He has about three feet to go and then we will be able to plant.

I don't know what is going on with me. I helped put the tomato plants out and walked around front to see how the beans and squash were doing. I couldn't a make it back to the back porch. I ask my hubby how I got so old so quick. LOL I feel exhausted and I haven't done much today.

I'm sorry I'm complaining so much. This is just not the usual for me and I'm not used to it. I don't want to get used to it either.

We had spaghetti with meat sauce and leftover corn/black bean salad for supper.

Thank you Patrice for the prayers. She sent me a message a little while ago. She saw a different doctor today and he order a CatScan on her abdomen/pelvis, a hidascan (don't know what this one is) a complete blood work up and upper and lower scopes in the next week. He also went over the possibilities of what could be going on. We are aware of most of them. Lisa's Dad died of cancer and it started in his colon. I'm trying not to worry but it's not working too well.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:31 am

Hugs Mississippi Momma, maybe your iron is low or perhaps your vitamin D. I get severe exhaustion when those 2 things drop below normal. I hope they can figure out what is going on with your DD.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Patrice beat me to it... I was going to ask about your vitamin D and iron levels too. I am sure the stress of worrying about your DD is not helping either.

God speed to the doctors.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:13 am

I had not thought about Vitamin D being low.  It very well could be.  We've haven't had much sunshine around here in the last couple of months and I don't drink very much milk.  We do eat eggs pretty often and I eat cheese a couple of times a week.  

I think my doctor did a Vitamin D test when I saw him last but that's been several months ago.  Either September or October.  

We got the peppers out today.  We planted 2 Jalapeno, 2 Cayenne, 2 Bell and 2 Banana peppers.  If they produce we'll have plenty of peppers.  

This year we have put some Epsom salts in the hole where we put the tomatoes and peppers.  We used to do this all the time but had gotten where we didn't use the Epsom salts the last few years and our peppers and tomatoes haven't done much.  I hope the Epsom salts helps.

We had patty melts and chips for supper.  I was going to make a salad but dingy here forgot to gather the lettuce.  I guess we can have leftover spaghetti and a fresh salad tomorrow.  

I hope you all have a great weekend.

DH just came in and told me our dog (the one that got hit the other day) just pulled all the plastic knife labels for the peppers up and broke them all to pieces and while she was at it she broke one of the banana peppers and pulled it out of the ground. We have to come up with something to protect the plants from her. Sad
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:01 am

Hugs, I know how frustrating that can be. How about a collar and a ground anchor tie down cable, the kind that limits the area it can go? Did you have a garden plan written down so you know which peppers are were?
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:02 am

Patrice, the dog is just a puppy not quite a year old. She already weighs about thirty-five pounds. When she runs through a garden we can tell it! My daughter suggest putting some ground cayenne in the garden but we're having so much rain it wouldn't do any good.

The sky looks like the bottom is going to fall out just any time. We had tornado warnings last night but I slept through it. Trees were down over one of the main highways just south of us. My friend, Cheryl who lives in a town east of us said that the patients in the nursing home where her Mom is in a swing-bed had to be moved into the halls. I can't believe I slept through all this. Very unusual for me.

DH wanted a banana sandwich for breakfast. Quick and easy. I scrambled eggs and put some with cheese in a tortilla for myself. I plan to make chicken kabobs, rice and a salad for supper.

This weather has gotten me lazy. I could go to bed and sleep all day I think.

I hope you all are having a great Saturday and won't have any of the bad weather being predicted for a lot of the country.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:03 am

And that is why I have a fence around my garden, I don't want animals in it-either domestic or wild. I just might have to clip the chickens' wings cuz I keep finding them in there in spite of having the gate closed!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:52 am

I'm sorry about your garden MM. I had my neighbors cows walk through my garden on time years ago.

Our weather here today was beautiful, not as warm as I would have liked but it was a beautiful sunny day. This morning I went over to my daughter's to watch the kids for her while she ran a couple of errands and then came home. I had to work at one so I didn't do much. I did get my stuffed pepper soup in the crock-pot for supper and it came out pretty good. I have to work tomorrow too so it will be fairly quite day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 am

Very quite day. Didn't do anything except research on container gardening and looking up recipes so I guess it was a pretty productive day after all.

For dinner I made onion, peppers and chicken sausage and put it over spaghetti. It turned out pretty good.

Found a recipe for bread that makes only one loaf and I baked that too. Haven't had any yet but it looks and smells pretty good.

Last night I made rice for supper and didn't eat all of it. I had made homemade vanilla pudding so I put the leftover rice in what was left of the pudding and added some raisins. Looks pretty good.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 am

Add a pinch of ground cinnamon to your rice pudding to kick up the flavor backtotheland. Wink

We had leftover meatloaf made into sandwiches for lunch and tacos for dinner. I had my dh help me clean up the ash pile from burning the pool deck last week. We bagged the ash and has my ds put the bags into the garbage cart, tomorrow is garbage pick up.

I'm hurting pretty severely today after mowing the front yard and weed whacking yesterday. I haven't done anything else today.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:42 am

I was having some pudding a little while ago and realized there was something missing and I realized it was cinnamon. Thanks for jogging my memory.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:09 am

Very Happy
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:01 am

I made a post and it disappeared. My computer must have poltergeists. LOL

We've had a couple of cloudy days with a sprinkling of rain. The rain is supposed to be moving out and the weekend looks like it will be nice and sunny.

This Saturday is the county swap meet/flea market. DH has a booth reserved so it looks like we'll be there all day Saturday. I want to be home about 4:30 though. May 2nd is Kentucky Derby day and I haven't missed watching either of the three big races in many years. One of my little secrets that you all now know. LOL

Today is our oldest daughter Sandi's birthday. I can't believe that one of my babies is now 51. Our son will be 50 in November. We will have two children in their fifties and another one just two years out. The youngest has twelve more years. Makes me think I'm getting old.

Sandi came to eat with us tonight. Her DH hauls cars so he didn't make it back in time to join us but I sent him a plate so he'd have supper when he got home and she wouldn't have to cook.

We had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn/black bean salad (and she liked it. She's not much into anything with corn in it), baked beans, biscuits and homemade coconut pie.

Our garden is looking good. It's up and growing. The tomato plants look great and I think every bean we put in the ground came up. We still need to plant the butter beans and okra. Maybe we can get that done Thursday. That is when the rain is supposed to be moved out.

It's kind of cool here today. I'm thinking the okra may not come up with the cool weather. I will soak the seed before planting and maybe that will help it along.

Backtotheland, your rice pudding sounds good. DH likes rice pudding. I may try to make him some next time I have leftover rice. Smile

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:58 pm

I have never been able to make a really creamy rice pudding like my great-aunt could make by doing it the regular way so I had the leftover rise, leftover pudding and thought I would give it a shot and it turned out pretty good, well except for the cinnamon and I thank Patrice for jogging my memory.

Glad to hear you got to spend your daughter's birthday with her. Her birthday dinner sounds yummy.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Happy Birthday to Sandi! I'm glad your garden is doing well. Dinner sounds yummy Mississippi Momma.

Backtotheland I'm glad your rice pudding turned out good. Another trick I do when using instant pudding is to add a splash of real vanilla extract to the pudding along with the milk to enhance the flavor. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:51 am

After working in the garage for several hours I was too exhausted to cook dinner so I just had some salami and potato chips. Wink I'll make the pork tenderloin that I thawed out tomorrow after we get back from visiting my dh's brother.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:12 am

Thank you Backtotheland and Patrice. We enjoy having our children here any time they can come but especially on their special day. Smile

Our daughter that has been having tests done got some of the results back today and it's not good. The CT showed a growth in her Sigmoid colon that doc think maybe cancerous. She is having a scope done Friday and is to see a surgeon in Jackson on Monday. The blood work done to show cancer was elevated also. My heart is in my throat.

I did some housework today but that's about it. I've cried most of the day. I know I have to get myself together because if this does turn out to be malignant Lisa is going to need me. I won't be any good for her if I'm a blubbering idiot and that's what I've been most of the day.

Please continue to keep Lisa in your prayers.

We are having leftover corn salad and baked beans along with baked lemon peppered chicken legs for supper tonight.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 am

So sorry to hear of the test results, I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:39 am

Will do.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you Patrice and Dizzy.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next