Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Farmfresh Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Check out Walmart of all places.  Our local Wally world has started carrying GF mixes and pastas.  Their cheapo Mac and Cheese is decent and I just got a box of GF "Hamburger Helper"-like stuff.  I haven't tried it yet, so I will let you know.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 25 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:11 pm

I bought the Aldi Live G Free brand chocolate chip cookie mix and they taste pretty good, I'd buy it again. They taste much better than premade gf cookies.

I like the Glutino brand bagel chips and may try grinding them up to make bread crumbs for breading pork chops, chicken or fish.

I also tried and like the Gratify brand chocolate covered pretzel twists.

I haven't been shopping at Walmart since my son and my sister started at Meijer. I'd rather support the store that pays their paychecks.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Yesterday I roasted part of a chicken, sautéed onions and peppers, had some leftover brown rice and some cranberry sauce for lunch. I found a bag of gumbo in the freezer so we had gumbo and yes more rice for supper.

Today I'm going to make the pot pie from the leftover rabbit and cook some green beans for dinner. We haven't had breakfast yet. Thinking biscuits, turkey sausage and eggs will be the breakfast menu.

I also made some no bake cookies for DH yesterday afternoon.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 am

Today is cloudy and rainy but it's still a great day to be alive. I'm getting my Monday chores done and checking out the different homesteading sites that I belong to.

I hope everyone on here are doing well and are having a great Monday.

I'm planning to make white chili and cornbread for our dinner tonight. Our oldest daughter, Sandi is coming by to help DH hook up the t.v. the children gave us for Christmas. She will eat with us and I will send her DH some for his dinner.

I hope you all have a blessed week.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 am

I hit a fabulous mark down sale at Aldi today! Very Happy I got twin packs of bacon wrapped fillets for $2.49 each and one pound packages of 96% lean ground beef for $2.99 a package. I bought all 5 packs of fillets and 4 packs of ground beef. I also got gallons of apple cider for $.99 so I bought 4 gallons.

I LOVE hitting sales like this!!!

We are having fillets, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner tonight. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:37 am

Wonderful buy!  Enjoy that dinner.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 am

Dinner was yummy! Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:20 am

I made Rhode Island clam chowder for dinner. I love it.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:38 am

I wish we had an Aldi's in our area.  I've read on a couple of homesteading sites about the good prices shoppers find at Aldi's.  $2.99 for 93% lean ground beef is unheard of here in our area.  It's closer to $6.00 a pound.  We very seldom buy beef or pork.  

Your dinner did sound yummy Patrice.  

The three of us ate and I sent a nice size bowl home with Sandi and then put a filled up quart bag in the freezer.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 am

Aldi's, Rulers, Sav-a-lot, and others I'm sure, are all about the same, price wise. In terms of Quality Rulers (owned by the same corporation as Kroger and Houchens) is the highest quality I've seen, as they stock the overflow from Kroger. Aldi is a very close second, they stock the same brands as found at Dollar General stores and other budget minded stores, along with big name brands, but the stock is never the same month to month.

12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 pm

There's a Save-A-Lot in Meridian which is about 50 miles from us. We do go there about once every six weeks. That's where DH's family is from. I've never been in the store. We will have to check it out when we go back. Thanks for that information.

The only groceries we have here is a general merchandise store which has really good meats but with a really high price, the two stores owned by the same family (one on east side of town and one on northside of town) and they have high prices too and of course Wal-Mart Supercenter. We don't have much of a choice where to shop. Thanks again for the information.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:24 pm

hope it helps, glad to share
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Things are good here. I've spent three weeks sick with sinus stuff/cough/fatigue. Everyone here has had it and it lingers for some reason. We were fortunate not to get the stomach flu that's going around.

Tomorrow is payday, so tonight's meal will be a hodge-podge of leftovers: chicken and rice soup, venison roast, and anything else left in the fridge before I go to the grocery again.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:01 am

I'm planning to cook some chicken fried chicken, mash some potatoes and make a green salad for dinner tonight. We had a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, smoked sausage, grits, toast and blueberry jelly for DH and sugar free apple butter for me.

It's raining here again today and pretty cool so we are staying in again. I'm sitting in the recliner wrapped up with a blanket. The last few days it's seem colder here than when the temps only got up to the low 30s. I can't seem to stay warm.

I hope you all are having a great Thursday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:17 am

doing lazy today, frozen pizza for supper. Had a good day, but DW and I both are ill with sinus issues. Mine's clearing up, hers is just setting in.

We had snow this morning, but the high was near 40, so the snow didn't stick around. Looks like a high in the 50's Saturday, gonna try squirrel hunting with Dad, if he's up to it.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 am

Hope all of you that are under the weather feel better soon. I decided to treat my ds to his favorite meal tonight, bone-in hot wings & French fries. I got a half slab of ribs with French fries, garden salad and garlic bread that was on special tonight at the local pizza place. I ate a little of the salad but usually it repeats on me so I wasn't taking a chance eating it all. I gave my ds the garlic bread since it wasn't gluten free.

I hope hunting goes well for you Keith, it's nice to supplement the pantry/freezer with small game at a more affordable rate that the grocery store.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:17 am

there are benefits to owning a small caliber rifle and a few acres of woodland. Between Venison, squirrel and rabbit the costs of keeping a variety of meat in the house are very affordable. Then too the cattle we raise also helps. $2.00 / pound for beef is amazing right now. (grass fed and professionally processed)

I'm gonna try growing peanuts this coming spring...seeds are already ordered.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 am

Sounds good, I hope they do well for you.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Last night, I had more of my soup. That stuff is addictive. Not sure what I'm going to make tonight. I'm thinking stuffed shells.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 am

It's a cool, dreary day here today so we're staying inside.  We have had rain yesterday and today.   I took some white chili out of the freezer for our supper.  We had some cornbread left from lunch on Wednesday so we will have chili and cornbread tonight.

I had wanted to get out to work in one of the raised beds so I can plant the radishes and some lettuces but we can't do that until the rain moves out.   Also, I plan to start some blueberry cuttings along with cuttings from three of our rose bushes.  

I've been wanting to buy more blueberry bushes and we haven't done that but then I learned I can root blueberry cuttings and that is what I'm going to try to do.

I hope all of you are doing well and will have a great weekend.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:43 am

My ds had his wisdom teeth plus a second molar pulled this morning so dinner will be something simple. He's not having an easy time with this, lots of pain and continuing to bleed. Sad Please keep him in your prayers.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 am

When my MIL had her teeth removed it continued to bleed as well.  The dentist told her to bite down on a plain teabag.  The tannic acid in the tea will help stop bleeding and fight infection too.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks FF, I have done the tea bags before when I had teeth pulled. We have been alternating with damp tea bags throughout the afternoon. Once he was able to get some pudding & apple sauce down along with his pain meds he took a nap and woke up feeling better.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Glad to hear that he is feeling better.  At least they are out now and it is over with.  It is all upwards from here.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Patrice, I said a prayer for your son. I hope the bleeding stops and he is resting without pain tonight. Also, pray his gums will heal quickly.

FF thanks for the tip about the tea bag. I hope I don't have any teeth pulled but if someone else does at least now I have something to offer them to help stop the bleeding.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next