Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 am

We've getting a good slow rain but the wind is blowing and I can hear thunder. We are under a tornado watch until around nine o'clock tonight.
We need the rain. It will make those tomatoes juice as well as the cucumbers.

The eggs in the incubator are hatching. We have six chicks so far. There's several more eggs pipped. I hope we get a good hatch out of these then I think we need to wait and try to incubate some duck, turkey and goose eggs. I know the ducks and goose will lay later on but I don't know if turkeys do or not. I may have missed out on the turkeys this year. Sad

We went to Meridian today for my appointment with the pulmonologist. I got a wonderful report. The nodule in my right lung hasn't changed at all in the last three months and the doc thinks the Sarcoidosis is still inactive. He did a blood test that will tell us more but it takes a few days to hear from it.

Tomorrow I have to get everything ready and get it packed so we can leave about nine o'clock Friday morning. I won't be on for at least four days while we're gone. Unless I can talk Sandi into letting me use her IPad. LOL Kidding about that.

I hope everyone is feeling alright. Sonshine, I don't know if this rain is coming your way or it came from your way. I think it may be from the tropical depression Beryl.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 9 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Sonshine Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 am

Today started out pretty good, but by noon time I was starting to hurt, although I didn't know why because there was no indication of rain in our area. Then this evening we got thunderstorms. It was weird, because the skies had been blue and no sign of rain on the forcast. It's finally leaving the area so I'm hoping the pain will ease up so I can sleep.

We got a tomatoe from our garden with alot more getting ready to turn red.

For supper I made turkey ala king and rice.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 am

We have been having storms here this week. We got a little rain and alot of wind.
We are working on the garden, on vehicles that have been sitting here forever and cleaning up some more of the property.

For dinner we had clean the freezer dinner. The kids had mac and cheese, hubby had chicken pot pie and I had frozen pizza.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been on much. I guess it's because it's hurricane season in Florida which is affecting the barometric pressure, but I've been really having some battles with my back and legs. Joe reminded me last night that it was this time last year that I started going to the pain management clinic for this.

Our garden is doing well, at least most of it. For some reason our butterbeans didn't come up and most of our okra didn't come up. We replanted and the okra is starting to come up now.

For supper last night we had spaghetti and garlic bread.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 am

We got a nice suprise today. I have been talking to a lady off of Craigslist about a dog she was giving away. It was a Corgi mix. She was real picky about who it went to. (She wanted to make sure it went to some where it was going to be loved) After we talked last weekend she brought him out here today. Wesley and the dog will not leave each other. One of my other dogs found it funny that we got a new dog and had to introduce him to the dead armidillo pile. So far he is fitting in great. I am happy that he is fitting in so nicely.

For dinner I picked up fried chicken and a salad from a local store.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 am

Congrats on the new dog, Amy.
Sonshine, I think my body predicts the weather better than the weatherman! Sounds like you're the same way.
MM, I'm glad you got a good doc report and hope your chicks are doing well.

I've been battling health issues, then this week a dog broke into our chicken pen and killed 2 hens, one of which was my favorite. We buried her body in a shallow grave. The dog had carried off the other hen. Well, this morning we found something had dug up the dead chicken and dragged it off! So, I don't know if a dog or coyote got them now. They were killed in the morning, so we assumed it was a dog. It's creepy, knowing something (probably the culprit) came and did that!

Dinner tonight was a pot roast made in the crockpot with potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and mushrooms.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 am

Mountain Momma we got rid of our chickens due to things breaking in our coop. We have to redo it before we get any more. We caught a huge opposum after that but we have a fox, coyotes, coons and other peoples dogs as well.

Hubby and I cleaned and rearranged our bed room today. We got rid of a lot of stuff that was cluttering it up too. we also put up some new mattresses.

For dinner Hubby made Chili and I made home made Krispy Cream doughnuts. I dont know if I posted the recipe in the section but they were great. I will check and if not I will post it with a pic.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I posted the pics and recipe of the krispy kreme doughnuts. I am planning on making more tomorrow. I am using all purpose flour this time. I used bread flour last time.

We are experiencing storms tonight and have a tornado watch until 3 am so it is going to be a long night here.

Tonight I made grilled cajun chicken, tater salad, green beans, grilled squash, onion, mushrooms and peppers. and I made the boxed oreo dessert that Jello puts out for dessert.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 am

We made it back this afternoon about three-thirty from the Alabama Gulf Coast. The wedding was beautiful. It was performed in front of the water and right at sunset. The couple looked beautiful (and no I'm not a bit prejudiced.). I hope they'll always be as happy as they were then.

We enjoyed our little get away but it was wonderful to get back home. I'm such a homebody that I'd never leave if I didn't have to.

We ate so much fried food, food in butter and foods in sauce while we were gone that we're about sick. For dinner tonight we had scrambled eggs. I had scrambled egg and piece of toast and William scrambled egg sandwiches with sliced tomato on toasted bread.

We have to go to Jackson tomorrow for a check up at the burn clinic. Wish I could just stay home but I've had to change the appointment one time. Guess I'd better go to this one.

I hope you all have a good week coming up and that you all will be feeling better.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:59 am

Sorry so many of you are losing chickens. We've been very blessed in that regard. One of the things we did with our coop was to bend the end of the chickenwire that was on the ground out away from the coop. Then we buried the end. This helps to prevent critters from digging under. We've talked about digging a footer around it and pouring cement in, but so far the bent wire method has worked for diggers. We were having problems with cats breaking the chicken wire, although it was usually at night when the chickens were locked up safely in their house. To remedy that we put some chain link fence around the outside of the chickenwire. No more break ins.

We had some rain today and more expected for tomorrow, so it's been rough. I'm still managing to minister in Children's Church though, so I'm a happy camper.

For supper we had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 am

Sonshine I'm sorry you're in so much pain but I'm glad that you're still able to do the children's church.

We went to Jackson today for the burn center check up. The doc said the areas are healing. My abdomen is healed. She said that I may develop more blisters and if I did to put antibiotic cream on them and keep putting lotions on the areas. She said I could come back in two months or come back if I felt I needed to. Guess which I chose. She did say that I may start scarring up in a couple of months and that the scars could cause pain. If I do scar and there's pain I can call and make an appointment to see her. I'm feeling good. Wearing regular clothes still rubs the areas and makes them raw so I'm still wearing gowns here at home.

I hope we don't have to go anywhere for a at least a few days. I'm so tired of riding. We got home this afternoon and I sat down on the couch and went to sleep for an hour and twenty minutes. I hardly ever sleep during the day time.

We picked about a gallon of blueberries yesterday afternoon after we got home. There's at least that many more on our little bushes. I'm thinking of blueberry jam and a blueberry pie or scones. Probably a pie for my hubby.

We got rain last night and I hear thunder in the distance again tonight. We need the rain on our garden. No complaints about the rain from me. Smile

For dinner we had rice, english peas, tuna patties and biscuits.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am

MM, I'm glad things are healing. I'm sorry to hear about the long road still ahead of you though and will continue to keep you in my prayers. Tomorrow is suppose to clear up and stay that way for the next few days. I was concerned we would get rain on Saturday because I've invited our puppet team over for a pool party and cook out. It'll be the first social function I've done for them, so really want it to turn out nice. My way of thanking them for all the hard work they put into working in the children's church with me.

For supper we had porkchops, mac and cheese and green beans.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Our special friends are back. This time they are trying to steal food from my freezer. Mostly neck bones but still. We have caught them twice running away. The last time the new dog went after them. We are putting a lock on the freezer this weekend.

I did not get much done today. I just did not feel like doing anything.

For dinner Bekka made cheeseburger meat loaf, roasted taters, green peas and biscuits.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 am

Amy, I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry to hear that the "visitors" are back. I don't know which one I dislike the most....a thief or a liar. Either one can really grate on my nerves. It's sad that people would rather steal than work.

I have spent today trying to get caught up on our laundry. I hope I'm almost finished. I've also been getting green beans ready to can (I hope it's enough to have a canner full).

We didn't have a good hatch with our chicks and we've lost two of those. Those inexpensive incubators....Well, I just can't keep the temps on them steady. We had six chicks hatch and two have died.

My stepfather has some banties that he wants us to get. But they are a mix of banty and brown leghorns so I don't know if they will be good broody hens or not. I want to get some silkies. I had three hens at one time (before dogs) and they were the best little incubators that I've seen. I'd love to have about six silkie hens to use for hatching eggs.

We got more rain last night. The garden is looking lively today.

For dinner I'm going to cook some green beans and William is going to grill some pork tenderloin and a mix of yellow squash, onion and zucchini.

I hope you all are having a great Wednesday. May God bless each one of you.

Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 am

I harvested some green beans and squash today. Not quite enough to start canning yet, but getting close. Give some of the squash to my neighbor, the rest I'll cook for supper tomorrow along with the green beans. Tonight Joe's going to pick up taco bell for us. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:32 am

Today I worked with my client this morning (8-11 M, Tue, Thurs) and came home and spent 3 hours on the phone with 2 different friends! I did get my garden watered & my sign finished for my stand. I have a stand up town where I sell homemade breads & desserts from Spring-Fall. I haven't done it the last couple years because of the heat but I am going to brave the heat because we need the money.
Dinner tonight is simple: Homemade biscuits & hashbrown casserole. We'll have tea, kool aide, orange juice or coffee to drink. I really wanted to make a dessert but we are trying to cut back because of needing to lose weight. We spent last week in Virginia & this time last week in D.C. By the end of the 2nd day I was walking like I was in my 90s & not my 40s. Bone on bone arthritis in my left knee will do it everytime!
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 am

Kerrig, seems like you're going to fit right in with this group. Unfortunately many of us have some health issues.

Today I didn't do much. It didn't rain today, but the barometric pressue was low.

For supper we have barbeque ribs, potato pancakes, green beans and fried crook neck squash. The beans and squash were from the garden.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:57 am

Sonshine we have rain predicted starting tomorrow and through next Tuesday. I hope it misses you for the pain but then I remember you saying you all were in a drought so I know you need the rain.

I've got to get out in the morning and gather the green beans, squash, cucumbers and blueberries. I think I'll have enough green beans to can tomorrow. The squash may not be ready to pick. William said there are a lot of very small ones on the vines. I may be gathering squash in the rain. LOL

Our youngest grandson is supposed to come tomorrow to cut our yard. I promised him I'd cook him a meal while he is here. We don't eat a lot of fried foods but he loves fried chicken so I may fry him some chicken for his lunch.

We have two hens setting. William said he put eight eggs under one of the hens and the other one is setting on an unknown number of eggs. It would be wonderful if we can get them to stay with it. One of the hens is an Easter egger. I wasn't expecting any of them to go broody. Not fussing though.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 am

Hope all of you have a good week-end. Ty tested for his green belt tonight, but we won't know if he's got it till Thursday when they do the belt ceremony. I think he did pretty good though, especially since he hurt his foot last night during practice. He jammed his toenail, on his big toe and it was still bleeding through the bandages today. I figured he would opt out of testing, but not Ty. Smile Especially since it's a green belt and green is his favorite color. I don't think the rank is as important to him as the color of the belt. LOL Before the testing we ate supper at Waffle House.

Tomorrow we're having the puppet team over for a pool party. Hope the weather cooperates. It's cooled down some here, so the pool temp has dropped. We're also going to have a fire for them to roast hotdogs and make smores.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:47 am

We've been doing homeschool and I'm working on a couple of quilts. Hubby got some rose bushes planted for me this week, so I'm happy!

Dinner today is hamburgers, carrots, green beans, and home-canned pears.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:22 am

The rain ruined our pool party for the puppet team yesterday. Today we're under tornado watch. For supper we had the burgers and hotdogs we had planned for the pool party, along with baked beans and chips. Fresh peaches for dessert. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am

We had rain today. The garden loved it. We are also enjoying fresh lettuce out of the garden now. It really took off on us so we are going to eat alot of salads in the next few days.

Hubby and my son in law have been working on getting his truck up and running. Every time they think they are close they find something else wrong. They are having to drop the gas tanks to get the fuel pumps out to replace them.

For dinner tonight we had roasted chicken, roasted taters, corn, and home made yeast rolls and garden fresh salad.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:30 am

We worked on a front yard flower bed today. Grass has tried to take over. We still need to weed about three feet more. Then I plan to plant some zinnias, marigolds, cosmos and anything else that I can find I have in my seed box. I want more colors going on in the front yard. I love to be able to look out the front windows and see all the different flowers blooming.

Sonshine, I'm sorry the party got rained out. I remember you all needed the rain though.

We're under a thunderstorm watch. The winds are blowing hard. The large oak and elm trees in our front yard are twisting around like their dancing.

For dinner tonight we had from our garden green beans, fried green tomatoes, yellow squash, cucumbers and from my step-sister's garden ripe tomatoes and from the freezer we had roasted turkey breast. For dessert we had blueberry buckle. The blueberries came off our bushes and the eggs from our chickens. I love meals like this. There's been no poisons put on any of our veggies or the berries and our chickens get fed bought food but most of what they eat is what they scratch up and the scraps from our kitchen.

I have to go to an eye doctor appointment in the morning for new glasses. William is planning to go to a storage unit auction.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. May God bless each and everyone of you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:18 am

MM, yes, we need the rain, but now we're under flood warnings. Fortunately our house is up on a hill, so I think we're going to be ok. We've been in severe drought for several years now. I'm hoping all the rain we're getting this week will help with that. For supper we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and corn.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am

Today was a pretty decent day. Joe was off so we went to the nursery and picked up a couple more peach trees. These are white peaches and they're delicious. I don't think I had ever had any until the other day. We stopped at one of our little produce stands and they had some white meat peaches called Belle of the South Peaches. They are wonderful. They don't have as high of an acid content as the type you usually find, just the wonderful sweet peach taste.

For supper we had subs.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next