Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by mountainmama Fri May 18, 2012 2:43 am

I know what you mean, Sonshine. Today is the first day this week that I'm able to walk and get around enough to get some housework done. The rain FINALLY stopped, so my arthritis isn't so bad today. Now, if we'll just have two days together without the rain, maybe I can get caught up around here.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 8 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 am

Sonshine and Mountainmama I hope the rain will hold off and both of you will begin to feel better.

I got up this morning and went outside to see all the birds. The younger chickens look happy in their new pen. It's much more room for them than the brooder was. They can move around.

I pulled some weeds from the garden and noticed that the cucumbers are blooming. Cucumbers rate right up there with the first ripe tomato with me. I could just about live on cucumbers and tomatoes in the summer time.

We went to the retirement tea this afternoon. All three of our girls came and one of our granddaughters and of course Trinity was there too. She may as well be counted as one of our granddaughters.

After the tea we went to a chinese restaurant and had dinner with Sandi and Trinity. Then we went shopping for clothes to wear to the wedding. I'm glad it's going to be on the beach and we don't have to dress up. William got some khaki short and a polo shirt and I got capri pants and blouse. LOL We're wearing flip-flops. This is the way Erica said she wants us to dress. Fine by me. LOL

Tomorrow William wants to go to Meridian to check out some of the booths on the 500 mile yard sale. Our future son-in-law has a booth set up there. Then Saturday he wants to go to the flea market here in Philly to see if he can sell some of our rabbits and extra roosters.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I think ours is going to be busy. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Thank you for the kind wishes, MM. I forgot about the yard sale. We might have some around here this weekend to check out. Looks like another sunny day today. I'm so glad.

Last night I made apple pie instead of apple crisp. We went freezer diving as we really need to use up some stuff. We found everything needed to make apple pie, even the cool whip! The kids were thrilled. It has been YEARS since I've made apple pie.

Tonight we're having ham, sweet potatoes, and leftover corn and carrots.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 am

We went to Meridian today for William to get bloodwork done. After he finished at the doctor's office I went shopping for a blouse to wear to the wedding. I am not a shopper....I wished I could have sent William. ROFL After we ate lunch we started out on the yard sale ride. There were a lot of people with booths set up. We stopped at the one where our future son-in-law has his booth. William found a dust pan made from old car tags. He bought one to use to go by. The seller even told William how to bend the edges of the tag to make it hold the dust/dirt. We rode over into Alabama for a few miles. It was so hot that William tried to park the car where the sun wouldn't be shining on me and he went looking. I did find a cookie jar and an old ice bucket. The bucket is lined with porcelain. It's one the lady said they had when she was growing up. She's an old friend of my MILs and she's around 80 so I hope I have a nice antique. I will get it checked out....That's one good thing about getting this new son-in-law....He's really up on antiques.

I enjoyed our day but it was a hot one!

I hope you all are feeling better.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi all Smile I hope everyone had a nice Mother's day and a good week.

Amy, I'm glad to hear the dialysis is working well for you. Very Happy

Sonshine, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Backtotheland, I'm sorry things aren't going well for you. I hope things work out and you can stay in your home and finish your homestead the way you wanted to.

MM, I'm glad things are going well for you. The beach wedding sounds like it will be very nice yet relaxing. Wink

mm, I'm sorry to hear you are one of "us" arthritis sufferers. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I've been busy trying to get the garden prepped and planted. My tiller is DOA and I'll have to save to get another one. My son and I got most of the garden cleared out and the 18 tomato plants I bought planted along with the single bell pepper plant I was able to get. I'm going to get some seeds started tomorrow morning for some red, orange and yellow bell peppers along with a few more zucchini seeds. I started 4 zucchini seeds about a month ago but only 1 grew so I'll transplant it tomorrow and start some more. We still have to clean off the bean fencing and reinforce it before we can plant the seeds this next week.

I'm still trying to get the house cleaned up and ready for the party, it's going SLOWLY! I have almost everything purchased for the party except for the perishable foods.

I'm really hurting tonight, we had an 1800lb. pantry delivery today and only 2 of us to work it. I did have the pastor, youth pastor and church secretary help bring it into the building so that was a HUGE blessing. I know I'm going to be paying for it all week though. Sad

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat May 19, 2012 11:37 pm

Today is pretty again, so the arthritis is better and we've been hanging out lots of laundry. I have to catch up on some sewing projects. We ended up eating out last night, so the ham and sweet potatoes will be for tonight's dinner.

MM--that's neat, making a dust pan from car tags. Someone sure was creative to think of that.

Patrice, that's a lot of food. I hope you feel better today from all that hard work.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 am

Mountainmama, glad the weather is cooperating. It's finally cleared up here too, at least for a couple of days. Joe made it home yesterday, it sure is good having him back. Today was spent getting everything ready for church tomorrow. I'll be teaching on God's protection for the next few weeks and tomorrow I'm teaching about Paul's shipwreck. I always try to do some type of illusion or science object lesson and tomorrow I'll be doing one with a balloon filled with water and held in the flames of a candle, showing that when we accept Christ in our lives, He fills us with living water and protects us. Of course, I always try the lessons at home first, so when I went to put the balloon in the flame I was a bit nervous that I'd end up with a mess, but it worked wonderfully. Now I just pray it does as well tomorrow.

For supper we went out to eat and I had chicken and dressing with mashed potatoes and creamed corn.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 am

Sonshine wrote:Mountainmama, glad the weather is cooperating. It's finally cleared up here too, at least for a couple of days. Joe made it home yesterday, it sure is good having him back. Today was spent getting everything ready for church tomorrow. I'll be teaching on God's protection for the next few weeks and tomorrow I'm teaching about Paul's shipwreck. I always try to do some type of illusion or science object lesson and tomorrow I'll be doing one with a balloon filled with water and held in the flames of a candle, showing that when we accept Christ in our lives, He fills us with living water and protects us. Of course, I always try the lessons at home first, so when I went to put the balloon in the flame I was a bit nervous that I'd end up with a mess, but it worked wonderfully. Now I just pray it does as well tomorrow.

For supper we went out to eat and I had chicken and dressing with mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

That sounds like a neat object lesson. So you hold the water filled balloon in the flame of the candle and it doesn't burst? I will have to try that sometime. I may use that in a children's or youth service if I get the opportunity. Hope and pray that it goes well for you and your children tomorrow. Very Happy
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 20, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah. I start off by blowing up a 9 inch balloon and talk to them about how sin separates us from God which takes us out from under his protection. Put the balloon over the flame and it will burst. Then I talk about being filled with His spirit and fill a 9 inch balloon with water. You can actually put it in the flame and it won't burst because the water lowers the tempature. It will leave a black smudge on the balloon that can easily be wiped off. The verse I'm using is THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER: THE RIGHTEOUS RUNS INTO IT, AND IS SAFE. PROVERBS 18:10
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 am

Rohn, if you like that one, you would love the one we did last week. We let the kids walk on water, and a few of the Mom's got into the act too when they came to pick up the kids. That's accomplished by mixing cornstarch with water. If they stand too long they sink, but if they walk quickly across it it's as solid as cement.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds great. Thanks for the information. I'd like to see the one with the corn starch. How do you do that? Do you have a small wading pool with water in it inside or do you do it outside the church?
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 am

I found the one with cornstarch and water on a site called Mad About Jesus. It's got a lot of science object lessons, in fact the one with the water balloon is also from there. Here's the link:
http://www.madaboutjesus.net/

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm

We have been busy around here. The garden is coming up really well. I think we are going to have more green beans than we can handle.

I went out of town Friday night to take the kids to the Soul Stock Concert in Decatur and spent the night with my parents. We went to see Steven Curtis Chapman. That was Wesley's first concert. He actually fell asleep to all that loud music and worship around 9:30. They had the free concert for two days. Wesley wanted to stay but I had to get some other things done.

Tomorrow we are having a friend over. She has having family issues and lost her job. She has been sitting at home with out food so We are going to go get her tomorrow to feed her.

For dinner tomorrow we are having smoked pork loin, fried squash, green beans, fried taters, and oreo desert.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 am

Sonshine, I'm glad you're having some sunny weather and your pain has eased a bit. I know you and Ty were glad to see Joe when he got home from Texas.

Amy, sounds like you have been busy. LOL at Wesley....some people can sleep through anything. It's really sad what is going on in our country right now with job losses and people not able to buy the food they need. I know your friend will be thankful for you.

I hope everyone else is doing well and not working too hard in those gardens. Smile

We've had a rainy, cloudy day. We needed the rain on our garden but it sure caused me to have a bad night. I hurt all over. I woke up one time with my left lung hurting like pluresy (sp). The pain finally went away but I sure am sore in that area today. I feel better since the rain came but I'm tired.

With the rain I've been working inside all day. The sun comes out a while and then it clouds up again but William goes outside while the sun is shining and does some work. He's tilling a bed to put another teepee for beans and planted some tomato seeds in a pot. I'm afraid that the soil is going to be too wet for the beans. The rain is supposed to be moving out tonight so maybe it will be where we can plant it in the next few days.

I have to go back to the Burn Clinic tomorrow for another check-up. I hope I get a good report. My right thigh is still tender and when I wear regular clothes they rub it raw. I'm still living in gowns around the house. We got an explanation of benefits from my supplement insurance today. That pot of beans was an expensive pot of beans. So far the hospital here at our local hospital, the bill at the burn center and two visits to the burn clinic has cost $79,774.00. We haven't heard from the doctors nor the ambulance company. I thank God that I have insurance coverage.

I'm making beef stew for our dinner tonight. It's smelling good. I hope it taste as good as it smells.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 am

MM, your rain is heading our way and I've already started feeling it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 am

We just had a heavy thunderstorm come through. Lots of rain, wind, thunder and lightning. William said the wind blew our squash over. I don't have the heart to look. Maybe, they'll straighten back up. They're full of little squash.

I hope your pain doesn't get too bad, Sonshine. Praying for you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 am

I had a bad day and stayed in bed most of it. It was just my son in law and the kids at the house today. He suprised me by cleaning the yard, making Bekka do her chores and cooked dinner.

We have had rain off and on and our garden is loving it. Every thing planted came up so far. We are still going to plant some corn in the next few weeks. We have some in but wanted to spread it out a little. Most every thing but the cucumbers and some of the peppers is heirloom this year.

For dinner we had smoked pork, smoked sausage, corn, bake beans, and smoked ribs. My son in law fixed every thing on his smoker.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 am

I hope everyone is feeling better and that your weather is cooperating with you.

Our garden is looking better after the rain and the squash are straightening back up. I need to gather the squash in the morning and pick the rest of the blueberries.

I was supposed to go back to the burn clinic yesterday but I woke up about four o'clock in the morning sick. I had to call and reschedule my appointment. The weird thing is I scrambled some eggs and made some toast for our breakfast and after I ate breakfast I felt fine. By that time it was too late to go.

We have "a bunch" (William's description) of baby guineas. He said he couldn't count them because the guinea hen was keeping them pretty much covered but it looked like a good hatch. Now if we can just get our ducks, geese and turkeys to do this. Or a hen to go broody so we can set some turkey eggs under her.

I roasted a turkey breast, baked a couple of sweet potatoes and cooked some English peas for lunch. For dinner we had leftover turkey sandwiches.

I wish everyone a terrific Thursday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am

We mowed grass yesterday and hubby noticed that in the compost pile was a pumpkin coming up. It has blooms all over it and a few small pumpkins. So far I am getting good at growing things in the compost pile. The first one we started has peach trees all in it so we had to make a new one. The garden has sprung to life after the rains this week.

We are working on getting my step daughter moved this weekend. She has been working so much lately they havent gotten to get their stuff and must be out by this weekend.

Wesley got his certificates for his turtles today. I have to get frames for him so he can put them on his wall.

For dinner my step daughter made Cajun salmon, Ranch potatoes, green beans and corn bread.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

We've been busy around here. I've been trying to get everything done so I can get things ready for our little trip. Our oldest daughter and Trinity came to see us this afternoon. I gave Sandi two dozen eggs and sent their friend, Ronnie two dozen. Ronnie can't eat store bought eggs. They break him out so when we have them I give him eggs. He can eat eggs from our chickens and it doesn't bother him. That tells me right there that there's stuff in store bought eggs we don't need.

My Mom sent us enough green beans last night for our dinner tonight. We had fresh green beans, fresh yellow squash and macaroni with ground turkey and zesty sauce in it.

Trinity wants to give me four geese. She has decided that she doesn't want them and she wants us to have them. I don't know where we'll put them but I guess we will probably take them. That way she can come visit them when she wants to.

We have ten new baby guineas. That should be enough noise around here for a while. LOL

Amy, I know it's nice to have someone to help you around the house. I hope you're getting a little rest while your step-daughter and her husband are staying with you all.

I hope you all have a safe Memorial Day weekend. Let's all remember why we are celebrating this holiday. If it weren't for those who gave their lives in service to our country there's no telling where the U.S.A. would be. Thank you to the veterans who have given their lives for us and to those serving us now.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Mississippi Momma I would love geese. They will weed your garden and leave other stuff alone. That is what my Hubby's Grandmother always told me. I have never had a chance to find out.

We stayed at home today and relaxed. We are moving my step daughter tommorrow Hopefully the last load since they are about three hours away from here.

For dinner we had homemade egg rolls and homemade cream cheese wontons. It was a lot of folding for me but every one seemed to like them alot.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat May 26, 2012 8:22 am

Amy I would like a fence around our raised beds and a little building for them to stay in at night. Then I would sure find out if geese weed gardens or not. LOL

My youngest sister called me this afternoon and told me that my Mom had been taken to the ER. She was admitted to the hospital for congestive heart failure. Her legs swell so bad that they look like they'll burst. The doctor told her "NO SALT" but she still eats potato chips and stuff like that. Regular canned soup instead of the low sodium soups. We didn't go to the hospital tonight. I talked to her and she said she was doing o.k.. William is planning to go to the flea market tomorrow to see if he can sell some of our rabbits and extra roosters. I will go see Mom while he's at the flea market.

We picked up a smoked Boston Butt this afternoon that the church our oldest daughter attends is selling. So we had a sandwich for dinner. It was pretty tasty. Their pastor does the smoking and he does a great job.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Mon May 28, 2012 4:37 am

MM-sorry to hear about your mother. My grandmother had congestive heart failure, so I understand what you are going through there.

Sonshine, you have some neat object lessons!

Supper tonight was taco salad.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon May 28, 2012 5:24 am

The doctor had told my Mom that she would be in the hospital at least until Monday but the fluid came off and she got to come home today. She was happy about her "skinny legs" (her words). LOL

I'm getting ingredients together to make a potato salad and deviled eggs for tomorrow's dinner. Two of our girls and their families are supposed to be here to eat with us. We're going to grill hamburgers, have potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and homemade frosties.

It's been a quiet day here. I'm so sleepy that I could fall out of my chair but it's too late for a nap. I'd be awake all night.

I hope you all are doing good and will lhave a great and blessed week ahead.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

Two of our girls and their families came for dinner tonight. We enjoyed having them and we all enjoyed the food.

William killed another moccasin late this afternoon. The first two were in his goldfish pond. This one was in the turkeys' pen. We have been here for fourteen years and in those years until this year we have killed one moccasin. They are plentiful this year. Now I am concerned about Sandi and Trinity feeding our animals while we are gone. I guess I need to tell Sandi to bring a gun with her. According an article I read a person most likely won't live to get to a hospital if bitten by a moccasin.

Our baby guineas are escaping their pen and we can't find their escape route. There's rabbit wire around the lower part of the pen. They're getting out some how and some of them are not surviving.

For dinner tonight William grilled hamburgers, I made potato salad, deviled eggs and baked beans. Sandi made homemade frosties in the new ice cream freezer she and Rich gave me for Mother's Day. We had a fun time together.

I hope you all have had a great day and will have a wonderful week ahead. May God bless each one of you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next