Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 pm

I hope everyone will recover quickly 12acres. Happy New Year everybody. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 21 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by backtotheland Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I started my New Year off doing the things I enjoy doing. On New Year's Eve day I had my grandchildren and we made homemade apple juice and the day before they came over I had made applesauce and discovered I didn't have my food mill so my daughter brought it when she brought the kids. So after we made the apple juice we finished up the applesauce and I made my dgd strawberry applesauce and my dgs cinnamon applesauce and they took some home. Then yesterday I put away all the Christmas decorations, made chicken soup which I had for dinner last night with bisquits and I will can the rest, worked on a sock for my dsil, found a pattern for an earflap hat for my dgs which I will start today and fed the birds. Not a bad start to 2013. I think it is better that I keep myself busy during the winter months instead of sitting here feeling bad because I don't have any critters to take care of. That will happen all in God's time. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:00 pm

12acrehome wrote:not a good way to end a year...

92 yr old grandfather fell, hit his head on a brick hearth, huge gaping gash in the top and back of his head, hospitalized, Dad, 71, very sick, fever 103.2, taking meds, refuses to go back to ER, Mom , 72, at her wits end, down in her back with arthritis, and fibromyalga (sp-?)...
My siblings? well sis lives out of state and was in for the holidays, trying to take over (not happening Wink ) and my brother is just not dealing well with the situation. He checked on my grandfather, saw him on couch, assumed he was sleeping...mom found him still on couch bleeding badly...brother dealing with "if only I had..." syndrome.

prayers greatly appreciated.

supper was roast beef, gravy and mashed potatoes (all prepped ahead and frozen for quick meal)

Sorry to hear about your grandfather and your Dad. How are they doing?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm

My inlaws leave in the morning. I always enjoy their visits and hate seeing them leave. I made some homemade chicken noodle soup for supper too. Seems like this time of year just lends itself to soups. We've all been sick with URI. I think we're just about over it though. I pray that this new year brings us all closer to the Lord.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 am

Our new year started with round 2 of the flu for my step-son and 3 days of me feeling queasy like the flu but never getting sick with vomiting or anything.
Tonight I am making homemade pot pie. I use my homemade biscuit dough and divide in half. Press first half into pie plate. I will use a can of beef stew that was given to me, so free, and fill the dough with it then layer the other half of dough on top.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 am

Your pot pie sounds really good. I'll have to try it using the bisquit dough instead of pastry dough.

I had that flu type thing back in November and I hope you get to feeling better soon. With me it started out with shaking chills, then a cough and then three weeks of feeling queasy like you. I didn't vomit or anything either, just that horrible nauseousness.

I've been staying pretty busy baking and cooking. I was going to can up some of my homemade chicken soup today but my youngest daughter came over for the afternoon and I didn't get to it. I will do it tomorrow mornoing early. I made a batch of molasses cookies and I baked them too long and they turned out really crispy. So, I'm going to put them through the food grinder and see how they taste as a breakfast cereal. If that doesn't work I'll crush them into fine crumbs and use them for a cheesecake.

Tomorrow I'm taking a road trip with two other friends to look at some goats and pick up a buck bunny for my friend Joan. Hope the weather is as nice as it has been. This must be the January thaw, but there really isn't much to thaw.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 am

I was sick over the weekend. And, it was bad. Both ends at the same time. I hardly had anything to eat all weekend and finally was able to eat something more than crackers, toast, apple sauce or eggs today. I threw a chicken leg in a pot, let it cook then took it out, threw in some onion, celery, noodles and seasoning in the pot. (I would have also used carrots but I'm out of them.) Took the meat off the bones, then threw the meat in the pot. It felt good to get something in my stomach and know it wasn't going anywhere. Now I just need to get my energy back. I've barely done anything since Friday.

Bad thing is, I was supposed to start at my new church on Sunday. I couldn't go.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by backtotheland Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Dizzy, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I saw on the news the other night that this years strain of flu is very strong and they are advising people to get flu shots. I believe they said it has affected about 2,000 people. Those number are from the ones who have been to the doctor or the hospital. I had a flu shot this year, against my better judgement, and I won't get another one. I feel it is better for my body to make it's own antibodies against an illness and the next time I might get sick at all. Hope you get to geeling better soon.

backtotheland

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I feel the same. I won't get a flu shot and I doubt this was the flu. I was only really sick (throwing up and diarrhea) fora few hours. Plus, I didn't have a high fever and body aches. I'm pretty much over it, just trying not to do too much until I'm 100% well. I'm still resting a lot. But, each day I'm doing more and more.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. A week or two before Christmas, I got the flu and was ill for an entire month, then just as I got better, my youngest dd got it. Fortunately, her case was much milder and didn't go to her lungs like it did me.

Now I'm trying to catch up on housework, sewing projects, forums, and everything else that was neglected for the last month.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is doing alright. I read some of the back posts and see where some of you have had the flu. I hope you all are getting better. We have been fortunate this winter. Neither of us have been sick. I'm so very thankful for that.

We've been having some health issues. William is having a lot of trouble with his right knee. There is a tear in the Meniscus. he is scheduled for sugery on Wednesday. Your prayers for him will be appreciated.

Because of his knee problem and because he doesn't want me in the pasture especially when it's wet or icy we sold all of our rabbits and birds except for the six geese and the duck. A dog tore into the pen and killed the duck and one of the geese. All we have are the five geese left. After Weilliam recups from the surgery we plan to start over with chickens and maybe a couple of rabbits.

It will be according to what I find out from the endocrinologist when I get to go see her. There's something on my thyroid that showed up on a cat scan. I was scheduled to go Thursday but won't be able to because I can't leave William at home alone for several hours. He will have a hard time getting up and down since he will only be one day out from surgery.

That's about all that's going on around here. Not to leave with everything sounding negative we are looking forward to gardening this year. And after William recovers from the surgery we look forward to more animals and to more work at the flea market. Y'all take care. I will try to come back sooner than last time.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 pm

praying for you both

hurry back Wink
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Hope he makes out well w/his surgery. Did he get the Baker's cyst along w/the tear?

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

3 Dr. appointments and three prescriptions later I find that a slight discomfort in my sinuses for the past three months has migrated into my left ear and caused the eustation tube to swell shut...loud ringing in left ear and lots of pressure with some dizziness...grr

dinner was fried fish, french fries, and brussels sprouts
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Welcome to my world. I get the ringing on occasion, and my right ear constantly feels like it needs to pop.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:48 pm

gee thanks umm nice world ya have here lol
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 am

If you like it, you can have it. I'd be more than willing to get rid of it.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 am

William came through the surgery really well. The doc said there was a large tear in the Meniscus and arthritis in the back and on the left side of his knee. He shaved everything he said. The doc told me that shaving the arthritits would not make it go away but it should help with the inflammation. As for the cyst he said that when the Meniscus was shaved it would take pressure off the cyst and it should disappear.

William was up walking around yesterday before we left and after we got home he walked several times without his crutches. But today he's sleeping. He's not in a lot of pain but I think he over did it yesterday so today he's feeling it. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Thank you all for the prayers.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 am

Word of warning. He's going to feel great, ready to walk w/out the crutches, then it's going to hit him. At least that's how it was for me. I almost past out, and hubby was about ready to take me to the ER!

Depending on the cyst, it may not go away. I still have mine, and it's been over a year since my operation.

Glad to hear he's doing OK and hope he continues to improve.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Mississippi Momma, I'm glad Willian made it through surgery ok. I agree with dizzy, make sure he doesn't try to do too much too soon. Too often people think they're fine because they start feeling better and end up damaging the affected area.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 am

Sonshine and dizzy, maybe I need to print your posts off. I slept later than I usually do this morning. When I woke up he'd gotten the garbage together and had taken it to the end of the driveway. That's almost the length of a football field. He was sweeping when I woke up. I tried to tell him one misstep could do some serious damage. He's not one for sitting around and I don't know what to do to make him understand that he's not well by long shot. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you all.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:18 pm

good luck with him...
when my grandfather was 83 or so (he's 92 now) he had gall bladder surgery and was told to go home and take it easy for a couple weeks. The day after he got home we went to check on him and found him splitting firewood with a maul. He said he was taking it easy, "just splittin a little wood"

I'll pray for you both, ... been there
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Hog tie him? If he follows the same pattern as I did, it's going to hit him tonight, if it hasn't already. Which knee did he have it on?

He's lucky in that he has someone willing to do stuff for him. I was giving the go ahead to drive a week after my surgery. But, I think the doctor would have been horrified if he had known that I was out at the farm on crutches taking care of my horses. I HAD to. They were NOT being cared for properly by everyone that said it was no problem to care for them. The one had a bad case of thrush in one hoof, and he wasn't being cared for. I had the operation on my right knee. So, I'm out there balancing on my left leg w/my right leg next to Stormy while I cared for his hoof.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm alot like William. The doctor had fits when he found out some of the things I did leading up to and after my surgery. Praying that he will heal quickly in spite of his stubborness. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm

I think that stubbornness is an indication that someone will fight to live their own life their own way for a very long time
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next