» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Anyone Interested? - Pumpkin Seeds
Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

I'm sorry to hear you ladies aren't feeling well, I'll say an extra prayer for all of you.

Congrats on the new job Amy!!!

It sure is nice to have additional kitchen helpers to get a nice home cooked meal on the table when you just can't force yourself up to make it. Wink

I did a bunch of running around today. I started at the bank, then off to the driver's license facility to renew my license and license plates, then off to the grocery store. I stopped home for a bit, then a friend took me to lunch for my birthday coming up on Friday. Then we hit Menard's for a couple of things for my son's graduation party in June. From there we headed to Costco for more party supplies. I came home and relaxed a bit then was off to the drugstore for our prescriptions. After dinner I headed to Target for paper products and more party supplies. I got a bunch of Easter candy at 70% off, I'll use some for the party and put some in the freezer for enjoying later in the year. Very Happy

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the grocery store again, they have cases of Pepsi products for $4.99 each when you buy 2 cases. I'll be picking up 6 cases for the party.

I still have my raspberry bushes to plant along with a "new" blackberry bush that my husband had to go buy today because he mowed one down yesterday while cutting the grass. Mad Hopefully we can get them all planted this weekend.

We had cold rotissary chicken for dinner tonight, I got it for $1.99 this morning at the grocery store. I love going early in the morning so I can get the cold chickens. Very Happy I can't buy and cook one that cheaply.

Well, I hope you all start to feel better soon. I'm feeling a bit stiff and sore, we have rain in the forcast for the next few nights. We need the rain badly but I don't need the way it makes my body hurt.
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Patrice
Sounds like you had a busy day. I know what you mean about needing the rain, but the affect it has on our bodies is frustrating.

Amy, I'm glad you're getting more jobs.

Proverbs 28:19[b]
Sonshine
Admin

http://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:13 am

WOW busy busy busy!! Seems like we all have a lot going on now.

The usual chores are piling up around here, along with a couple projects.

Things at work are in a state of flux right now. I am transferring to a different department in the hopes of going to the midnight shift so I can also help Dad more with tending the cattle, and my grandfather.

Proverbs 28:19  He who works his land will have abundant food...

Genesis 1:29  Then God said,"I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth, and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

http://christiancountryramblings.com/
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 am

William and I went to Meridian today. I got a hair cut and he went to get his Coumadin level checked. Then we went to Olive Garden and ate soup and salad for lunch. When we got back to Philadelphia we had several stops we had to make. But William did the running in and out for those.

I stopped at my Mom's and Stepfather's for a few minutes before we came home. When we got home I pulled some of the weeds out of the Swiss Chard bed. I didn't hold out to do the whole bed but maybe I can get it a bit at a time.

We got some of the old bread to feed our chickens and while William was unloading the bread he noticed we had a flat tire. Thank goodness we made it home before it went flat. I don't know what happened to the tire as William checked them for air pressure while we were in Meridian. Oh well, stuff happens and this time we were at home when it happened.

I have to go back to Jackson tomorrow for a checkup. I'm praying that I can come back home and not have to go back into the hospital.

I am praying that those of you not feeling well will start to feel better. Sonshine you all must be getting the rain we got a couple of days ago.

For dinner we had leftover collard greens, corn and I baked some chicken tenders. Cleaned out the refrigerator just in case I have to stay tomorrow.

May God bless each of you is my prayer.

Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:31)

http://hunnybunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 am

We went to the burn clinic today for a checkup. I got a wonderful report. The doctor said the burns are healing better than they expected (I'm diabetic) and that she doesn't think there will be any need for skin grafts. The area on my left thigh is a third degree burn but the doc said it's healing although slower than the others. She said it will heal. I don't have to go back for FOUR weeks!!!!!

After my appointment we went by to see William's Uncle who had knee surgery Wednesday. He's doing really well and is supposed to go home tomorrow.
William carried the tire to get it fixed after we got home but the people couldn't find anything wrong with the tire. William said two people checked it and neither could find anything that would make it go flat. That's good. At least we didn't have to buy a new tire. Smile

William picked up some fish for our dinner.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Give her of the fruit of her hands: and let her own works praise her in the gates. (Proverbs 31:31)

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:31 am

Thank God for the good news from the burn clinic MM. I'm glad for the good report.
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:29 pm

MM, I'm so glad your burn is healing well. I went to get a haircut today too. It was a mess! I haven't had anything done to it since before my surgery because it was just too hard to sit for that long. Needless to say, y hair got pretty long. I have such thick hair, that when it gets too long without any layers or thinning you can't do anything with it. I got it cut in a long bob with long layers. Similar to Reese Witherspoons style. Ty's friends told me that it made me look younger. LOL After the haircut we went out to dinner at Logans (we had a babysitter, which is a rarity around here). Then it was off to Michael's to pick up some things for our Mother's Day Tea that children's church will be sponsoring.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 am

Sorry I haven't been in here as much lately. I've got three different things in the works at the church that's been taking up a lot of my time. We're re-doing our Children's Church to look like a submarine, so I've been making jelly fish, octopus tentacles and portholes. Saturday we're having a workday for other members to help us put it all together. I'm really looking forward to seeing the end results. The theme is going to be diving deeper into God's word.

Then I've also been working on decorations and meal planning for the Mother's Day tea. I'm really looking forward to it. It's a way for me to show the mother's of our church how much I appreciate them. My neighbor is going to come to it and sit with Ty. She's become his adopted Grandmother.

Then the regular lesson plans. I'm teaching on Jonah this Sunday, and about why we shouldn't run from God's plans for us.

For supper I cut up some polish sausage and added it to some northern beans. We also had left over fried potatoes and cabbage.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 am

Sonshine it is so good to see you able to be up and involved in church activities again. I know you are loving this. Smile

I've worked inside today. William has been working on the last bed getting it ready to be planted. He's putting more planks around the edge of it and putting compost in it. This bed was pretty much ground level and has a lot of gravel in it so he's redoing it. I want to put out some eggplants and maybe a couple of tomatoes in it.

Amy, I hope that you are feeling better. Also, the others that are not feeling well.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Smile

I cooked a late lunch. We had hamburger steaks (turkey), french fries and green salad. I think we will have either a sandwich or a bowl of soup for dinner.

I hope you all have a Wonderful and blessed Wednesday. May God bless each of you.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:27 am

We tilled the garden this weekend and cleaned up the yard and mowed. We are waiting until we get back from the family vacation to plant the garden. We are late this year.

The Drs. changed my meds around again and have added vitamins. My iron is still extremely low. I am getting iron infusions and they said that will help.

For dinner Hubby had ham and vegetables and I ate vegetable gumbo.

amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am

Mississippi Momma, it's good to hear that you are able to get things done. Just don't overdo it. I'm still praying for a speedy recovery for you. Yes, I'm really enjoying being back in church and being active, although sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm sure that will pass soon though

Amybyrd, I hope they get your meds figured out soon.

Today I didn't get much done. Worked on my lesson plan for Sunday a bit and worked more on props for the various events coming up. Other than that I stayed laying down on the couch. The barometric pressure has been jumping all over the place and my body doesn't like it much. It should be leveling out though for the rest of the week.

For supper we had leftover spaghetti and salad.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:20 am

I hope everyone is feeling good today. I'm having a lazy day. I just don't want to do anything. I did water the young chicks and look at the garden. That and cook breakfast is all I've gotten done today.

We want to set out some eggplant plants this afternoon. William got the last bed ready for them and plant some sunflower seed. He tilled up an area about ten feet long and four feet wide to plant the sunflowers in. I'm going to try to harvest the heads to feed the chickens this winter.

It's kinda cloudy here today. We could use a good rain.

For dinner I going to make chicken and dumplings, green beans, and I'm not sure what else.

I hope you all are having a great day. May God bless each of you. Smile

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am

Had an appointment with the eye surgeon today for a check-up. He said the transplant still looks great and my right eye is stable so we don't need to do anything about it right now. Yipee!!!!!

The appointment was in Jackson so we ate out while we were there. For our dinner we ate what we could find in the frig.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 pm

We were pretty busy today. Went to the church about 9 this morning to start redecorating and didn't get done till after 7 tonight. Needless to say we're all exhausted. We still have some things we want to do, but the room is starting to look like a submarine. I'm really happy with it, except it's too dark. We'll have to get some light grey paint to make it look like a submarine and lighten it up a little. But other than being a bit dark, it really looks nice. Since it was so late we just picked up subs for supper.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 am

Sonshine, it sounds like you all have the children's church almost finished. Sounds neat. The children will enjoy all the work you all have put into it.

It's a beautiful day here today. We are having company tonight for dinner. I guess we'd call her company. It's our youngest daughter, her fiance and our two youngest grandchildren.

They are going to look at some of the yard sale stuff we've collected. We were supposed to go to a big countywide yard sale next Saturday but since I can't be out in the sun we are going to try to sell what we have to them. They have a permenant flea market booth in Meridian and they do the 500 mile yard sale which is the week after Mother's Day.

For dinner we're having barbecued chicken, potato salad, baked beans, pasta salad, corn, and I may (or may not lol) make oven fried apple pies. I may also cook some porkchops and green beans. Then the leftovers I will put in the frig for next week and not have to cook every day. Smile

I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend and your week ahead will be a blessed one.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 am

We cleaned up the yard again today (lots of stuff to clean up like branches and stuff) We also smoked deer and pork loin today.

My little Pom is sick. I wormed him and I dont know if the wormer made him sick or if it was worms that made him sick. I am praying he pulls thru. He is over 9 years old.

We are getting ready to go on the Family Vacation. Wesley earned over $100 for his turtle project so he will get to adpot two nests. We will be MIA next week but thankfully my step daughter and her hubby will be staying here while we are gone. They will be staying with us for a while.

For dinner we had smoked deer, pork, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn bread.

amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi everyone!!! Smile

Sorry I've been MIA. I'm trying to give the house a deep cleaning in preparation of my son's upcoming graduation party in June. I've also got to get the garden prepped and seeds started. The garden will be much more work this year. I found out last week that my tiller is messed up and will cost nearly what I paid for it to had it repaired. I'll be saving to purchase a new one on closeout in the Fall instead of repairing the one I have,

Amy, I'm sorry to hear your Pom is sick, I'll be praying for him. I hope you all have an enjoyable vacation.

MM, I'm glad you are healing up from your burn, I'll continue praying for you.

Sonshune, I'm glad things are progressing for you in your children's church ministry.

I hope the rest of you all are doing well.

I'll be MIA for the next month or so, I'll check in when I can.

PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Amy, sorry about your little Pm and hope he/she feels better. Patrice, Sorry bout your tiller. The first garden I put in after Joe and I got married I did without a tiller. Just had a hoe and shovel. It wasn't a big garden, needless to say. Smile

Everyone loved the submarine. It's not as dark as I thought it was, so should be fie. We learned a bit about running from God using Jonah as the example, but also used Adam and Eve when they tried to hide from God. Had several kids respond to altar call.

We're going to be in the 90 degree range all week this week. Hard to believe we had to run our heat a couple of days last week.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 on Tue May 01, 2012 9:20 am

Today I went to get my step daughter and her Husband so they can stay here while we are gone. He started fixing my car first thing. It is running better but I still have to get some parts for it.

My Pom died last night. It was not as hard on my son as I thought it would be. I guess he understood that he was old and it was his time.

We are going to be busy tomorrow with drs. appts and running errands before we leave on vacation.

For dinner we had what ever we could find. I have a lot of left overs that needed to be eaten before we leave.

amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Amy, sorry about your Pom. Even when they're old and we know it's time, it's hard to lose them. I have a Sheltie that's 15 yrs old now, and I know we won't have him much loger.

Yesterday, Joe's unit had a promotion ceremony for him. Ty and I went and they had us tape the new stripes over the old ones. It was a small ceremony, but nice. Ty really enjoyed it, of coure he's a ham and loved getting all the attention from Joe's co-workers about how big he's gotten.

For supper last night we just had BLT's and fries. It's been in the 90's here and is suppose to be in the 90's all week. When it's that hot I hate to cook.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama on Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 am

It's cloudy and hot here, and like you, Sonshine, I don't like to cook in the heat. I put a roast in the crock pot and will let that cook all day and be ready in time for dinner.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 am

William and I carried my Mom to the doctor this morning while my Step-Father went to get his esophagus stretched. That took up most of our morning but that's alright. Mom's legs were so swollen they looked like they were going to burst.

I'm going to up-date the checkbook and then start pricing items for the yard sale this Saturday. I think there's four boxes of odds and ends to price. I hope we don't bring any of that stuff home with us. LOL I know I'm dreaming.

We had leftovers for lunch today and probably will have leftovers for dinner too. I love cooking enough for several days.

Amy I'm sorry about your Pom. It hurts to lose a pet that we've become so fond of.

Patrice, when you finish deep cleaning your home you're invited to come visit us and do the same here. ROFL I hope you all have a fun vacation. Be careful.

Sonshine, please congratulate Joe for us and thank him for his service.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

We're needing rain here something terrible. I hate to have to start watering the garden this early on but if we don't get some rain in the next day or two we're going to have to do just that.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 pm

MississippiMomma, we're already watering the garden. This area has been in drought for at least the 6 years we've lived here and with it getting in the 90's already we have no choice but to water. Today Joe and I got a babysitter and went out to dinner in celebration of his promotion. I got baby back ribs, carrots and baked potatoe.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma on Thu May 03, 2012 6:33 am

Well, we got a good shower this afternoon. It sure did perk up our plants. William fertilized all the beds this morning and then the rain came. We could probably see the plants growing if we looked closely enough. ROFL

I've done a little housework today but spent most of the day put prices on the flea market items. William worked on the larger things and I did the knick-knack stuff. We're about finished with it.

We had chicken, potato salad and baked beans for dinner....Yep, it was leftovers. Smile Nice not to have to cook.

Tomorrow our oldest daughter and Trinity (the young lady that cared for our animals while I was in the hospital) are coming to eat with us. I'm going to put a roast in the crockpot with pepperoncini peppers. Then I will serve the roast and peppers over hoagie buns with french fries.
I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 so I have to keep it simple for dinner.

I wish you all a great evening and a terrific Thursday.

Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine on Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Joe is taking the rest of this week off from work. He let me sleep in this morning and did school work with Ty. When I got up we had some errands to run, trying to get stuff together for the kids in children's church to make their mother's day gifts this Sunday. They'll be making hershey's kisses roses. Now I have to practice making one to make sure I can show them how to do it. Smile Then we went to a store that sells discounted store displays. Joe had seen some maniquins out front and we wanted to get one to put a deep sea diver costume on for our submarine theme in children's church, but they didn't have any that had heads on them. We ended up getting quite a bit though anyways. They had some bed linens reasonably priced, so we got some for Ty. He loves green, and fell in love with a comforter set. We also got a shag throw rug to match it. For supper we had left overs. Ty had pizza left over from last night and I have my ribs and sides. Joe ate some of Ty's pizza.

Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top