Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind

3 posters

Go down

Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind Empty Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Taken from Girlfriends in God.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me - put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you" (Philippians 4:8-9 TNIV).

Have you ever been to a rodeo and watched a lassoing contest? The little calf bursts from the stall and then the cowboy and his steed follow close behind. With his lasso in hand, the cowboy swings the rope in the air and attempts to lasso the little heifer before she escapes out the corral door at the opposite side of the arena. That is a vivid picture of what we must do with the words that attempt to escape the gate, the mouth...we must rein them in.

The Bible teaches us to take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). Once we lasso a thought (take it captive) we can decide which words leave the gate and which words need to be tied up and secured. Studies show that we speak at about 120 to 180 words a minute. It seems like we need to do a bit more lassoing and a lot less running on.

Let's take a look at this little heifer: our words, and how to rein them in. First, a thought bursts forth from the stall called the brain. It runs across the mind headed for the door called the mouth. In a split second, we must determine if that thought is of God or if it is against the knowledge of God. If we determine that the words are not of God, then we lasso the thought with the Word of Truth and it never makes its way out of the gate (the mouth). If it passes the God-test, we allow it to go free.

What is the lasso? It is the Word of God-the Word of Truth. That can seem a bit overwhelming, so let's just pick one verse as our lasso. Philippians 4:8, 9 is a great place to start. "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me - put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you" (TNIV).

Before we speak, we can sift the words through a mental sieve. Is what I'm about to say:

· True

· Noble

· Right

· Pure

· Lovely

· Admirable

If the words don't fit this description, lasso them and don't let them go! If they do pass the test, let them trot out of the gate and bless the world!

The King James translation of 2 Corinthians 10: 5 says it this way: "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." I like that picture of casting down. See, once the cowboy slips the lasso around the calf's neck, he throws her to the ground and whips that rope around her kicking legs to make sure she's not going anywhere. Likewise, we need to "cast down" those thoughts back to the dirt where they came from and make sure they aren't going anywhere.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind Empty Re: Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind

Post by Marie Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:50 pm

good thoughts. I need to keep this in mind. I need work Smile.
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind Empty Re: Changing the Way We Speak By Renewing the Mind

Post by squeezinby Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

I too need to keep this in mind. I already try too,but sometimes I slip up.
Mostly when I'm tired or in physical pain.
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down