Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Conforming to the image of Christ EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Conforming to the image of Christ

2 posters

Go down

Conforming to the image of Christ Empty Conforming to the image of Christ

Post by Sonshine Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 pm

James 1:1-5- 1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. 2Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. 3If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," 4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?5Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

· One of the things that lets us know we are conforming to the image of Christ is when we can look at people and not value one “type” of person more than another.

· The temptation for the church has always been to give preference to those who have it all together- “wearing a gold ring and fine clothes,” and such. This is a form of worldiness- thinking and acting like the world and not Christ.

· But the Word of God teaches us that we are to not to do this. We are to value equally the “poor man in shabby clothes.” In fact, the Bible tells us plainly that many of the early believers were from the wrong side of the tracks. “Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith.”

· Let's pray to receive the heart of God so that we will see people as He sees them. God values the soul of every person. As we love people, God will send all “types.” Let’s not have a preference.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Conforming to the image of Christ Empty Re: Conforming to the image of Christ

Post by squeezinby Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:12 am

This is so true. I even see this happening in my own church. That is why I sometimes have doughts about staying in it. But I keep praying and the message from God is still the same stay and wait. He has even given me some dreams about the church that have come true. So I bite my tongue and wait.
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down