Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Supporting one another EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Supporting one another EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Supporting one another EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Supporting one another EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Supporting one another EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Supporting one another EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Supporting one another EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Supporting one another EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Supporting one another EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Taco  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Supporting one another

+2
PATRICE IN IL
mountainmama
6 posters

Go down

Supporting one another Empty Supporting one another

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 am

Ga 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

This verse was running through my mind the other night as I looked at my dh's belt. Last year he purchased 4 new "leather" belts for about $25 and he is now using the last of those 4. I don't know how much longer it will last. It is cheap junk, and made in China. The thought occurred to me that money drives society, and by purchasing cheap, inferior products from communist countries, we are not doing good for America or for our brothers and sisters here in the faith. Yes, a product might cost less, and that is attractive during these difficult economic times, but we are shooting ourselves in the foot by helping those who hate our faith and our country. I'd rather my money go to someone who cares about the things of the Lord.

When at all possible, we're going to try utilizing products and services from American Christians. There are many Christian-owned companies, like Chic-Fil-A who deserve our business. With a little research and effort, we're slowly finding different places to get our consumables. I just thought I'd share this, because now more than ever, we need to support each other, not just by prayers, but financially when able.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Supporting one another Empty Re: Supporting one another

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:48 am

I know exactly what you mean. I find myself trying to make our $$ stretch further but realized years ago that cheaper products weren't cheaper in the long run.  

I usually try to buy most of our clothing secondhand and am willing to spend more for quality on things like shoes. I rarely buy clothing from stores except for undergarments and stockings but I always try to see if I can find items made in America first. It's not that easy to find products made here anymore. It's sad to see that we are not the great industrial nation that we once were. Sad

BTW, I think Rohn does leather work, you might want to see about a belt from him. I know he does woodworking, I bought a newspaper pot maker from him earlier this year. He does very good quality work at reasonable prices, I know I'll get many years use from the piece I got from him.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I agree and yes, Rohn does wonderful leatherwork. We bought a couple of belts from him along with a holster. We love his work, so I hope anyone in our group that is looking for a belt or any other kind of leatherwork or some of his woodwork will check out what he has first. Smile I would love to see our members supporting each other's businesses.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Yes, I ordered a belt from Rohn and can't wait to see his work. Very Happy I was going to save the belt for a Christmas present, but hubby's current belt is not going to last that long, so I'll just have to give it to him early.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:47 pm

I need a new belt as well. I bought 2 last year at the 4-H fair. And, I looked long and hard B4 I bought them. I didn't like what they had in stores because it didn't look like it would last long. These seem to be well made. Well, they weren't. And the belt that I'm wearing now I hate to wear everyday.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:16 pm

I totally agree that we should as much as possible support our fellow Christians by doing good, which includes doing business with them whenever we can. It works the other way around also because a Christian will to the best work he can do. As Christians we work as unto Christ.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. (KJV)

(Romans 12:10-11) Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; (KJV)

Christians do the best work that they have the ability to do. And they are honest in all their dealings. Christians are the most honest hard-working people in the world.

As Christians we are to help one another. A man from my church needs a chicken coop but because of physical reasons he is unable to do the work himself, so yesterday a man from my church and myself went to build it for him. We had made the floor and walls a couple of days ago and transported them on a trailer to the new site. We spent the day setting the floor, putting up the walls and getting the roof joists ready. It will take at least one more good day and possibly longer to finish the coop (we are not as young as we used to be so we wear out quicker).
We are not getting paid, but are doing the work out of love for a brother that has a need. This is the way it ought to be. We had a great day yesterday.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread. But we need to help one another and it is pleasant and fun to do so. cheers 

Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:02 am

We always try to lend a hand to those in need, whenever we can. I usually do some shopping for an elderly friend who can't get around very well any longer. She said she likes when I shop because I get exactly what she wants and usually at a discount from a sale or coupon. Wink I told her my momma taught me how to shop and coupon.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:40 am

By the way, y'all were right about Rohn's belts. The one I ordered for dh came in the mail today and he has done nothing but marvel at how nice it is and how well it fits.

Last spring, we got an old used piano but had no way to move it. Some guys from church got together and moved it into our house. We gave them each a dozen of fresh eggs from our chickens. They were so thrilled for the eggs, and we were so thankful for their kindness.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:07 am

I'm not going to list what I do or for whom, but my usual "fee" for home repairs and maintenance is parts plus a glass of iced tea
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum