Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Two New Quilts EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Two New Quilts EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Two New Quilts EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Two New Quilts EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Two New Quilts EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Two New Quilts EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Two New Quilts EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Two New Quilts EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Two New Quilts EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Two New Quilts

+2
Farmfresh
Rohn
6 posters

Go down

Two New Quilts Empty Two New Quilts

Post by Rohn Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:49 am

My DW finished up a couple of quilts recently and I thought you all might enjoy seeing them.

This first one is one she did for me.  It is a large lap size quilt which I will use as the weather gets colder and I am sitting in my chair in the evenings reading.  We have never had a television  and I do quite a bit of reading (and snoozing Sleep ) in the evenings.  We keep our house rather cool in cold weather so this will be nice.

Here it is.
Two New Quilts IMG_7257R_zps40c98ba1

This next quilt is a queen size done in the Log Cabin design and is for us.  It is a fall quilt as you can see by the colors.  The picture doesn't do justice to the true colors but it is a very beautiful quilt.  She just finished it tonight.

Here are a couple of pictures.
Two New Quilts IMG_7260R_zps191b0426

Two New Quilts IMG_7262R_zps3afbe55d
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Two New Quilts Empty Re: Two New Quilts

Post by Farmfresh Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 am

Beautiful work! I bet you enjoy them both.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am

I love both quilts! Smile I'm sure you will enjoy using both of them, your DW did a great job.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I've never been very good at sewing, but my Grandmother made a quilt for each of her grandkids before she passed away. She had made me the Sunbonnet Sue one, but I lost it in the fire. My Mom made one for each of her kids and grandkids. I chose a picture rather than the normal designs, so she made me one of the ascension that is gorgeous. Ty has one of the guardian angel watching over the two kids on the bridge. I've put his up since it was a baby quilt. I really would love to be able to make quilts, but alas, it's not one of the gifts God blessed me with.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Beautiful!

SS, my mom doesn't make quilts, but she used to crochet. When I was a teenager, she did me an afghan w/rainbow colors. I still use it today.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Beautiful handiwork! I've always liked the log cabin quilt design, and your lap quilt is very nice and manly-man.

Before we got married, I crocheted an afghan for hubby as an engagement gift. He said he wanted one long enough to cover him when stretched out on the couch, so I made it extra long for him. We've been married 18 years and use it all the time. It stays on the back of an easy chair when not in use. Whenever he goes on a men's retreat or church camp, he takes it with him, too.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 pm

dizzy wrote:Beautiful!

SS, my mom doesn't make quilts, but she used to crochet.  When I was a teenager, she did me an afghan w/rainbow colors.  I still use it today.  
I knit and crochet. I made an afghan for Ty about 4 years ago and he takes such care with it that it amazes me. I think it's because he knows how many hours I put into making it. It's just nice having a teenage boy that respects homemade gifts.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:57 pm

mountainmama wrote:Beautiful handiwork!  I've always liked the log cabin quilt design, and your lap quilt is very nice and manly-man.

Before we got married, I crocheted an afghan for hubby as an engagement gift.  He said he wanted one long enough to cover him when stretched out on the couch, so I made it extra long for him.  We've been married 18 years and use it all the time.  It stays on the back of an easy chair when not in use.   Whenever he goes on a men's retreat or church camp, he takes it with him, too.
I had crocheted one for Joe the second Christmas we were married, unfortunately during one of our military moves some of our things disappeared, and his afghan was one of them. I made him another one, but it's not like the first one. The first one was big enough for a king size bed and done in what is called the waffle stitch. Very think and heavy.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum