Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Here are a few things we put up from our garden EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Here are a few things we put up from our garden

5 posters

Go down

Here are a few things we put up from our garden Empty Here are a few things we put up from our garden

Post by Rohn Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 am

I already showed you all the corn we were putting in the freezer a few weeks ago.  Well DW decided to dry some corn and so here is a picture of it after it was finished in the dehydrator.  
Here are a few things we put up from our garden IMG_6991-R_zps4c7cf131

My daughter planted and harvested some carrots that went into the freezer.  She also dried a few but I didn't get a picture of them.  Here are the ones for the freezer.
Here are a few things we put up from our garden IMG_7002-R_zpsd61291bf

We had a bunch of corn stalks in our garden and our corn was all harvested.  We wondered what to do with the corn stalks.  If I would have had a shredder I would have shredded them and put them back on the garden.  But I don't, so I didn't. Very Happy   My daughter suggested selling them.  confused  I had never even thought of doing that but she said she saw them for sale in bundles at a store not far from here.  My DW then suggested  a craft shop that sells primitive crafts where I have some of my bowls.  I called and ask the owner if she would be interested in bundles of corn stalks and she jumped at the chance.  We cut the stalks while Esther bundled them and we sold them for $1.50 each total of 45 bundles, $68.00. That is seed money for next year's garden. cheers   We thank the Lord for helping us do this.
Here are some pictures of our bundles.
Here are a few things we put up from our garden IMG_6995-R_zps756d5a00

Here are a few things we put up from our garden IMG_7003-R_zps4f3ec5bb
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Here are a few things we put up from our garden Empty Re: Here are a few things we put up from our garden

Post by Sonshine Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:28 am

Good idea for the corn stalks. We feed ours to our goats. They seem to love them. I may actually save a few to decorate my front porch though.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Here are a few things we put up from our garden Empty Re: Here are a few things we put up from our garden

Post by Farmfresh Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am

Excellent! What a great way to make some extra spending cash!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am

You've had some good sized harvests to fill your pantry/freezer, good job to you and the family for your diligence. Wow, good idea with the corn stalks they go for quite a bit more around here. God is certainly providing you with blessings! Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 am

PATRICE IN IL wrote:You've had some good sized harvests to fill your pantry/freezer, good job to you and the family for your diligence. Wow, good idea with the corn stalks they go for quite a bit more around here. God is certainly providing you with blessings! Smile
We sold the corn stalks cheep on purpose so she could make some $$ too, besides we wanted to get rid of them and we can't have any goats to eat them. Very Happy 
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:26 pm

so the stalks will put back into the garden after all

great thinking about selling them
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum