Top posting users this week
(Psalms 20:7) Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. (KJV)
In the day and age that we live, we can be so busy that we forget God. If we want to be a success we must remember our God. Let us remember God in four different phases.
I. REMEMBER HIM IN TROUBLE.
1. (Psalms 46:1) GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH, A VERY PRESENT HELP IN TROUBLE. (KJV)
2. (1 Peter 5:7) CASTING ALL YOUR CARE UPON HIM; FOR HE CARETH FOR YOU. (KJV)
A journeyman traveling by foot along a highway was passed by the driver of a pickup truck: The driver, noticing that the weary traveler was carrying a heavy backpack, stopped a few hundred feet in front of him and offered him a ride. The man accepted the offer. After driving a few miles, the driver noticed that his fellow traveler still had his bag fastened to his back. "Why not put your bad down and rest?' The man replied, I could not think of doing-that, it is kind enough of you to give me a ride, without allowing me to put my bag upon your seat" What a silly man - like many who still cling to their burdens when bid to cast all their care on Him. (1 Peter 5:7)
3 (Psalms 41:1) BLESSED IS HE THAT CONSIDERETH THE POOR: THE LORD WILL DELIVER HIM IN TIME OF TROUBLE. (KJV)
4. (John 14:1) LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED: YE BELIEVE IN GOD, BELIEVE ALSO IN ME. (KJV)
(Hebrews 4:15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (KJV)
Same years ago a man living in Wales had the misfortune of being involved in a mining accident which necessitated the amputation of his right leg. After a period in the hospital, he went to a prosthesis maker to be supplied with an artificial leg: When the appendage had been strapped to the stump, which was all that remained of the injured leg, the attendant requested that the patient get up and walk across, the floor. Awkwardly, the man struggled to his feet and staggered across the room. Then, dragging himself painfully back to his chair, he slumped into it, utterly exhausted and discouraged.
"That’s not how to do it? said the attendant, "watch this!" Then he walked .gracefully across the floor. "Ah," exclaimed the patient, "It's all very easy for you because you don't have any disability."
"Oh, haven't,” replied the attendant. "Look."
Pulling up the legs of his trousers, he disclosed that he was not wearing just one artificial limb, but TWO!
Too many times we doubt or we get depressed and discouraged and we are inclined to say, "Jesus, it was easy for you. You were God and could not sin. You never tasted the abundance of daily temptation, toll, and frustration. Yet the writer in Hebrews 4:15 tells us "...we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet Was without sin."
So the next time you find yourself doubting you can finish the race look to Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. The next time you're depressed about giving up things for God, look to Jesus who-gave up even more.
Or the - next time you're discouraged, remember the ultimate sacrifice - Jesus bearing the sins of the world on the cross as God turned His back, to say "I LOVE YOU" to us.
6. HE IS INTERESTED, CONCERNED, AND ANXIOUS TO HELP YOU.
7. JOSEPH WAS SOLD INTO SLAVERY, FALSELY ACCUSED, PUT IN PRISON, FORGOTTEN BY THE BUTLER - BUT HE NEVER FORGOT GOD.
(Job remembered God in his trouble).
(Jonah 2:7) When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. (KJV)
II. REMEMBER HIM IN TEMPTATIONS.
1. (Hebrews 4:15) FOR WE HAVE NOT AN HIGH PRIEST WHICH CANNOT BE TOUCHED WITH THE FEELING OF OUR INFIRMITIES; BUT WAS IN ALL POINTS TEMPTED LIKE AS WE ARE, YET WITHOUT SIN; (KJV)
Jesus temptation (Matt. 4:1-11)
2. (Hebrews 2:18) FOR IN THAT HE HIMSELF HATH SUFFERED BEING TEMPTED, HE IS ABLE TO SUCCOUR THEM THAT ARE TEMPTED. (KJV)
3. (2 Peter 2:9) THE LORD KNOWETH HOW TO DELIVER THE GODLY OUT OF TEMPTATIONS, ... (KJV)
4. (James 1:12) BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT ENDURETH TEMPTATION: FOR WHEN HE IS TRIED, HE SHALL RECEIVE THE CROWN OF LIFE, WHICH THE LORD HATH PROMISED TO THEM THAT LOVE HIM. (KJV)
5. (1 Corinthians 10:13) THERE HATH NO TEMPTATION TAKEN YOU BUT SUCH AS IS COMMON TO MAN: BUT GOD IS FAITHFUL, WHO WILL NOT SUFFER YOU TO BE TEMPTED ABOVE THAT YE ARE ABLE; BUT WILL WITH THE TEMPTATION ALSO MAKE A WAY TO ESCAPE, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO BEAR IT. (KJV)
Careless drivers often push their automobiles beyond their designated capabilities; and the poor vehicle chugs and chugs until the motor finally dies. Daring and foolish engineers will put too much pressure on their boilers, or try to force more power from an engine than it can provide. But our Master guarantees that tasks shall be balanced with the precise strength we possess. He knows our frame: He remembers that we are dust (Ps. 103:104). He will not be less merciful to us than the merciful man is to his beast. He knows the exact pressure we can stand, for He has made us; He knows the utmost bad we can lift, and will not suffer us to be tried; tested, above what we are able (1 Cor. 10:13). He is a Faithful Creator, because He is an abiding Sustainer.
6. THE SONG WRITER SAID: "TEMPTATIONS LOSE THEIR POWER, WHEN THOU ART NIGH."
III. REMEMBER HIM IN SORROW.
1. (2 Corinthians 12:9) AND HE SAID UNTO ME, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE: FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS. MOST GLADLY THEREFORE WILL 1 RATHER GIORY IN MY INFIRMITIES, THAT THE POWER OF CHRIST MAY REST UPON ME. (KJV)
2. (Psalms 23:1) THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD; I SHALL NOT WANT. (KJV)
Job did not forget God even though he lost all he had including his children.
3. (Matthew 11:28-30) COME UNTO ME, ALL YE THAT LABOUR AND ARE HEAVY LADEN, AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. TAKE MY YOKE UPON YOU, AND TEAM OF ME; FOR I AM MEEK AND LOWLY IN HEART: AND YE SHALL FIND REST UNTO YOUR SOULS. FOR MY YOKE IS EASY, AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT; (KJV)
4. WHEN GOING THROUGH TRIAL OR HARDSHIP REMEMBER HE IS AS NEAR AS PRAYER.
5. THE LINES OF AN OLD FAMILIAR SONG:
Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!”
IV. REMEMBER HIM IN FAILURE.
1. PETER DENIED THE LORD THREE TIMES YET WHEN JESUS AROSE HE SAID, "GO YOUR WAY, TELL MY DISCIPLES AND PETER. (Mark 16:7).
2. GOD FORGAVE JONAH. (Jonah 3:1-10)
3. PETER WALKING ON THE WATER. (Matthew 14:22-33).
4. (Philippians 3:13-14) BRETHREN, I COUNT NOT MYSELF TO HAVE APPREHENDED: BUT THIS ONE THING I DO, FORGETTING THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEHIND, AND REACHING FORTH UNTO THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE BEFORE, I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. (KJV)
The snow covered the ground, and three young boys were playing in it. A man said to them, “Would you like to try to race, with the promise of a prize for the winner?"
The boys agreed, and the man told them that his race was to be different. I will go to the other side of the field," he said, "and when I give you the signal, you will start to run. The one whose footsteps are the straightest in the snow will be the winner."
As the race commenced, the first boy began looking at his feet to see if his steps were straight. The second lad kept looking at his companions to see what they were doing, but the third boy just ran on with hs eyes fixed on the man on the other side of the field.
The third boy was the winner, for his footsteps were straight in the snow. He had kept his eyes on the goal ahead of him.
A long time ago, another man using similar words taught the same principle. It was Paul who said, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 3:13,14).
4. DWELLING UPON PAST :FAILURES WILL HINDER US FROM SERVING GOD IN THE WAY WE SHOULD.
5. MAKING A NEW START FORGET THE PAST AND BEGIN WITH A NEW DETERMINATION TO LIVE SERVE AND FOLLOW HIM.
6. SATAN WILL ACCUSE YOU OF YOUR PAST FAILURES, HOWEVER, SATAN IS A LIAR, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.
7. EVEN IN YOUR FAILURES, CHRIST. LOVES, YOU AND IS ANXIOUS TO HELP YOU.
Whatever we must go through in this life: trouble, temptations, sorrow, or failure - don't forget God. He still loves you and is waiting to help you as you call upon Him.
- Posts : 1353
Join date : 2011-12-31
Age : 62
Location : Eastern OH
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum