Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Ideas for income from home EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Ideas for income from home EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Ideas for income from home EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Ideas for income from home EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Ideas for income from home EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Ideas for income from home EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Ideas for income from home EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Ideas for income from home EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Ideas for income from home EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Ideas for income from home

2 posters

Go down

Ideas for income from home Empty Ideas for income from home

Post by kerrig Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Let me start by explaining my situation. Dh works anywhere from 50-54 hours a week. I work 9 hours a week with a client through a home health agency. I could take more clients but the main reason I haven't is that when I have to take them on errands or the doctor that runs into using a lot of gas. I get paid $.39 a mile for mileage. Another reason I haven't is because when my granddaughter has her transplant I want to be able to go and the more clients I have the harder it is to find replacements for the time I'm gone.
Dh didn't necessarily want me working but I took this job 5 years ago just to help out a little and maybe us to be able to get out of debt earlier. Well with the cost of living increases and no pay raises you can probably figure that hasn't been too easy. We have paid some medical bills off but it seems like we get one paid off and then another comes in.
In the summer, not the past 2 summers but the previous 4, I have made breads and desserts and sold them up town. That was when our only grocery market was open and it has since closed. There is not much traffic going through town since the only things here to draw someone are Casey's and the diner! I set up last summer one day and only had like 3 customers. Always before I would sell out. Now I can still do my baking and take it to a town 8 miles from us but from what I've seen there is at least one Amish family now selling there, and I know there were others who used to sell the same things I did. I love to bake, that's not a problem and I love the interaction with people.
The town I live in has 1100 people unless you count the prison population and then it's 2800. So we are rural, in the middle of corn fields, nothing here for people and I live in town. Not on a farm where I could grow produce to sell. And the past two summers have been horrible on my garden. I lost it both summers due to the heat, and the draught this past summer. I am still going to try one next year but haven't decided yet how if it is as hot as this past year.
I can do basic sewing, so I can do rag quilted items and maybe post them on Etsy. I am learning to quilt but am not very good yet. I just have run out of ideas for extra income. We would like to be out of debt within the next 2-4 years. We are not that far in debt so it is doable, I would just like something from home that would help out.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Ideas for income from home Empty Re: Ideas for income from home

Post by 12acrehome Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 am

My wife has started embroidering and fully half of our Christmas gifts are things she has made. Sewing quilts, and learning to do minor alterations for others is another option. Cheap stuff from Goodwill, and Dollar Store are great to practice and learn on. Crafty items, like holiday hot pads, or table runners, or center pieces are also doable.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 am

Thank you. Smile I am actually excited. I thought this over today & since I already know how to do the rag quilting I am going to start making tablerunners, coasters, lap quilts, baby quilts, and so on and I am making an Etsy store. I can also do a facebook page.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 am

Post items in the barter area as well from time to time.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:09 am

Ok, I will do that. Smile
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down