Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Containing Chickens w/movable Fence EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Containing Chickens w/movable Fence

2 posters

Go down

Containing Chickens w/movable Fence Empty Containing Chickens w/movable Fence

Post by HappyChickenFarms Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Hello all,

I formerly let my chickens have free range of the whole property (and the neighbors also kindly obliged), however, we have several hens coming into laying and they are laying everywhere but the nesting boxes in their chicken tractor. I have decided to contain them around the tractor via portable fencing that will be moved each time the tractor is moved. However, I am struggling to find a cost-saving way to do so without going to electric poultry netting. Many of my hens and my two roo's jump the 3 ft pvc hex we currently have (the pen is smaller than it will be eventually, so maybe they wouldn't jump if it were larger?). All wings are clipped.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

HappyChickenFarms

Back to top Go down

Containing Chickens w/movable Fence Empty Re: Containing Chickens w/movable Fence

Post by mountainmama Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 am

Welcome, HappyChickenFarms

Friends of ours use metal fencing stakes (I don't know what else they are called) and they just wrap chicken wire around four to make a square, then they pull up the stakes and move it around the yard. It's not at all predator-proof, though. You could probably do this and put a net or chicken wire over the top to keep them from jumping out.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down