Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Are You Leading Others? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Are You Leading Others? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Are You Leading Others? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Are You Leading Others? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Are You Leading Others? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Are You Leading Others? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Are You Leading Others? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Are You Leading Others? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Are You Leading Others? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  recipes  Sloppy  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Are You Leading Others?

Go down

Are You Leading Others? Empty Are You Leading Others?

Post by Sonshine Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 am

"Aspire to be something more than the mass of church members. Lift up
your cry to God and beseech him to fire you with a nobler ambition
than that which possesses the common Christian-that you may be found
faithful unto God at the last, and may win many crowns for your Lord
and Master, Christ."
-C.H. Spurgeon

The last thing Jesus told us while on the earth was what we call the great commission, 16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20.

How many of us are going out and sharing the good news? How many of us, on judgement day can stand firm in the knowledge that we have fullfilled the great commission?

Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

If we just go to Church and don't go out and compel others to come, are we doing what God has called us to do? I've heard so many people complain about the JW's and Mormons, but in this, they could teach us a lot. I don't agree with a lot of their doctrine, but we could learn about fullfilling the great commission from them. Being in the military we have lived in other countries and all over the United States. Always, wherever we ended up you could be sure that we would be visited by the JW's. They take their duties seriously. It's a major part of who they are.

As Christians we fail in this area. We get so concerned about what others may think of us, that we hesitate to knock on a person's door to ask if they know Jesus. We may even have friends or family members we know are lost, yet we remain silent. One day we'll each be held accountable for our actions and our inactions.

I don't know about you, but I want to make it to Heaven having done as much as possible to make sure everyone I come in contact with knows what they have to do to be saved.

My prayer is for the Holy Spirit to fill us to overflowing so we have the boldness to go out and share the gospel with everyone we come in contact with. People will mock you for it and may slam the door in your face, but we're promised that God's word will not return void. God's word is a living thing and it remains alive long after you have spoken the words. Even if you don't see the results right away, never discount how God's words are working in the lives of those you have shared with.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum