Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
PESSAH (PASSOVER) EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

PESSAH (PASSOVER)

2 posters

Go down

PESSAH (PASSOVER) Empty PESSAH (PASSOVER)

Post by Sonshine Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am

From an e-newsletter I recieve:

This year the Seder is on April 6th, 2012

The prophetic fulfilment of this Holiday is clear. It is a time to thank God for our freedom, and that covers many types of freedoms. To be a free people, and to be free to worship God. But the word that summed up the true meaning of Pessah is "Redemption". Rabbi Saul (Paul) sums up this theme in his letter to the Corinthian believers. He was addressing a moral problem within their membership. To solve this problem Saul draws upon a well-known analogy of Pessah.

"Your boasting is not good. Don't you know the saying, it takes only a little chametz to leaven a whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old chametz, so that you can be a new batch of dough, because in reality you are unleavened. For your Pessah Lamb, the Messiah, has been sacrificed. So let us celebrate the Seder, not with leftover charmetz, the charmetz of wickedness and evil, but with the matzah of purity and truth". (I-Corinthians 5:6-Cool

Paul is telling Believers to celebrate Passover. To have a Seder (Passover Meal) that celebrates the deliverance from slavery and being a free people. To set aside this day to thank, praise and worship God. I don't want to dwell on this too much but it was the Roman Catholic Churchwhich declaredthat"to do so was far too Jewish," and they stopped the celebration of Passover in their "Church".That, however, created a great problem. What about the Resurrection, what would they do about the fact that all the early believers celebrated the Resurrection on the day of First Fruits? (Part of the Passover celebration)

Yeshua died on the Feast of Pessah, was buried on the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and rose on the Feast of First Fruits. Fifty days later the Holy Spirit was sent on the next successive holiday; Shavuot (Pentecost). Thisis what is referred to as the first advent. The first three holidays follow each other, in the first three days, (Pessah, Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits) and we celebrate them all within an 8 day period. Wesimply call it Passover (Pessah). But the Roman Catholic Church had a large dilemma, and they solved it with a bunch of Paganism brought in from Babylon, and called the Resurrection (First Fruits) "Easter". But enough of that for now. I want to just talk about Pessah so that you will understand it correctly.

Before going on, I want to make something clear, I am not suggesting that you must keep all the Jewish laws concerning Pessah. you have the freedom to adapt the preparation to a degree that you are comfortable with. Some may wish to celebrate more fullythan others. It is well to notehowever that what I am saying is fromGod's Word.Therefore Iknow it pleasesHim when His people reach out to Him in truth - as opposed toPaganism.

Prophetic Fulfilment

In a house thereare manypreparations requiredfor the Seder. The house is cleaned from top to bottom. There is no bread or leaven left anywhere. After the first week of Nisan,the focus isentirely directed toward Pessah. After sundown on the fourteenth day of Nisan, a special ceremony called bedikat khameytz (the search for the leaven) takes place in the home. The last tiny bits of leaven are found and removed from the house then taken outside and burned.

This is interesting because the house had been previously cleaned, so thehead of the house has to hide some small bits here and there in the house to be found. Then thehead of the householdtakes a feather and a wooden spoon and a lighted candle. And the family begins searching for the final leaven. This is a great time to get the children involved. It's like the game ofhide-and-seek.

There are many spiritual lessons for Believers here. The leaven (sin) must be cleaned from our house (our hearts). To do this we must use the light of the candle (the Word of God) which illuminates our sin (Psalm 119:11). The mostgraphic emblemof all is the wooden spoonwhich holds the leaven, (this represents thewooden Crosswhich receives all of our sins and then carries them away). The believer, who walks with God and is filled with His Spirit, will discern many spiritual truths in this, and begin torealise why the Word tells us to celebrate the Seder (Pesach).

It is my belief that when a true Believer discovers any Biblical truth, and applies it to their life, doing so enriches them. So it is my prayer that you may experience a closer relationship with Messiah Yeshua our Passover Lamb in an intimate and practical way. Let us therefore celebrate the feast (I-Cor. 5:Cool

So, after the preparation detailed above,we are ready to begin the festive feast of theSeder. It is full of wonderful spiritual truths for the Christian believer as well as the Jew. Hopefully you will find a good Haggadah (booklet of how to hold a Seder) and begin a spiritualjourney that will enrich your life and give you a deeper, closer walk with our Messiah.

Shalom and Hag Same'ach (happy Holiday),

Jerry Golden
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

PESSAH (PASSOVER) Empty Re: PESSAH (PASSOVER)

Post by Miss Lillia Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 pm

We had a wonderful Passover, my husband and I, thinking and talking of Jesus, the whole day and evening.
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Not a lot of Christians celebrate Passover, so it's good to see that you and your husband do.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Sonshine wrote:Not a lot of Christians celebrate Passover, so it's good to see that you and your husband do.

Thank you, Sonshine.

I mean no offense to anyone in saying that in our walk with Christ, growing daily, in him, we have decided to celebrate The Passover (4 years ago) and we don't want to celebrate the traditional Easter, for reasons we are convicted of, spiritually.

We honor the traditional Passover but just as Jesus is The new Covenant, he, himself, celebrated Passover in a new way, but I'll not post that in this thread, as this is a very nice description of God's Passover.
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am

I had a very dear friend who was a Messianic Jew. She passed away a couple of years ago, but taught me so much about Jesus before she joined him. It's amazing how different you veiw the scriptures when you understand the history and customs better.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum