Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
A word of testimony  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
A word of testimony  EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
A word of testimony  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
A word of testimony  EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
A word of testimony  EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
A word of testimony  EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
A word of testimony  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
A word of testimony  EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
A word of testimony  EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

A word of testimony

+2
Sonshine
12acrehome
6 posters

Go down

A word of testimony  Empty A word of testimony

Post by 12acrehome Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Baptists have a tradition of telling fellow congregation members about how God has blessed them in some way. It could be as simple as letting me wake up this day, a word of thanks for Salvation, or safe travels, to helping beat an illness, protecting a family during a tornado or hurricane.

I thought this might be fitting to try here, I'll go first, and if anyone wants to add a reply below, we can have a written record of how God has carried, guided, protected, or blessed us. I hope this to grow into something that can inspire others who may pass through to get to know our Lord better.

I thank the Lord for bringing me here to this place where I can learn and grow in a loving christian environment. and I thank the Lord for blessing me with a loving wife.

Last edited by 12acrehome on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

A word of testimony  Empty Re: A word of testimony

Post by Sonshine Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Baptist aren't the only ones who share their testimonies. Smile We are made conquerers through the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. The Lamb did his part, we have to do ours. Smile

I don't know how many of you read the how was your day thread yesterday, but my testimony is based on that. When Joe went to lock up the goats last night he noticed some flames in our backyard neighbor's yard. No one was home and we didn't have a hose long enough to reach the fire, so we called the fire department. Our whole neighborhood is covered with pine trees, which goes up fast when there's a fire. The fire department got there in time to save the neighborhood, but the neighbor lost 2 sheds. I thank God that Joe was out there when he was. A few minutes later we may have lost the entire neighborhood. On top of that, the fireman came to talk to us and when we told him Joe saw it when he was locking up the goats, he asked what kind of goats did we have. Well, come to find out, his wife was wanting some Nigerian Dwarf goats, in fact he has been in the process of fencing in an area to get some for her. We sold him 2 of ours, and they will possibly be getting one more. Even events that Satan wants to use for destruction, God can turn it into a blessing.

And I'm with you Keith, the family that God is sending to this little forum are such a blessing to me.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 am

I believe all Christians should thank God and shout His praises. God has given us so many blessings and we need to take the time to thank Him. Too many times we just take His goodness to us for granted. I thank God that I am alive and able to work for Him. I thank Him for meeting my needs each and every day.
We all have down days, but even then, I can look around and say, God is so good to me.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:39 am

The right choice

When my daughter was not quite 2, we felt led of the Lord to start attending a church that was not quite 2 miles from home, and at the time, it was a good fit.

Fast forward 19 years.

Out of my family (myself, hubby, DS and DD), I'm the only one that still attends church. The others are currently running from God. And, I was feeling less and less at home at church. But, on my journeys to and from the farm, I went past a small Methodist church. I thought it looked like a nice little church, but wasn't really drawn to it-until this past summer. One day I went past and realized that it was no longer a Methodist church. Instead it was a Bible church. And, I felt drawn to it. During the summer, there was no evening service where I was attending, so I stopped into this church. I was on the bike, in jeans and a t-shirt, and probably smelled like a horse. But in spite of this, I was welcomed. They were showing a series of movies, so I didn't really have a chance to see what they believed. I stopped in a couple more times, and was always made to feel welcomed.

During this time, I did not let on that I attended another church, or that I knew anything about the Bible. I was basically testing the waters. Then one Sunday evening, they had a little contest. The minister's wife had some questions from the Bible. If you could answer the question, you got a piece of candy. If it had been 3 Musketeers, I wouldn't have answered any of them. But, it was Peanut Chews. So, my cover, at least so far as the evening service went, was blown. However, this movie was different from the others. It was put out by AIG. That answered a very big question for me.

Summer ended, and I still hadn't had a chance to really find out what they believed. So, I decided to skip church and attend this church for a whole day. There was just 1 Sunday when I could do it. I went to the morning service. We had this little storm known as Super Storm Sandy heading towards us, so they canceled the PM service. But I had my questions answered. It was a good, Bible believing church.

One thing that I was concerned about w/leaving where I was attending was that there were jobs that I did, and I wasn't sure that there was anyone else that would do them. Well, in Sunday School that morning, part of the lesson was on Tabitha. And, the point was made that sometimes God allows people to die in order to get others to step in and grow. Or, He might just move them. I now had my answer. I knew the time had come to leave. But, I had Junior Church for the month of November, and I was scheduled to play the piano for the Christmas Eve service. So, I decided to stay for the rest of the year, then start the new year at a new church.

Tonight, I went to a dinner for a local ministry. I knew there was the possibility of people from my old church being there. In one way, I was dreading maybe seeing them again, in another way, I was kind of looking forward to it. There were 5 people from the old church there. So, at one point in time, I got up to go and say hi to them. (They hadn't seen me, and since I had never gone B4, I doubt they were expecting to run into me.)

At the old church, I had the minister constantly on me if I missed a Sunday evening service or Wednesday prayer meeting-unless I was extremely ill. Plus, he had all kinds of things that he thought I should be doing that I didn't feel called to do. When he saw me, he did not ask how I was doing, how I liked the other church or anything like that, his question was, are you getting involved. Quite truthfully, I didn't feel it was any of his business. But, since I started to get involved from the day I started attending, I could answer that yes, I was.

After talking to these people for just a few minutes, I went back to my table, thankful that I was no longer attending there. I fit into this new church better. They're more of a country church. They understand that w/the weather we've been having, after caring for the horses, I don't want to have to go back out. They are more understanding about the problems my Meniere's disease causes than the old church. In fact, you could say that this church is just more understanding, period.

Is this new church perfect? No, it's not. In fact, I can see some areas where they lack. And, I can also see why God moved me here because this is something I can help with.

I'll admit that there have been a few times when I've wondered if I made the right choice. Times when I've wondered if the reason I was happy to leave was because I didn't want someone more or less guilting me into attending services when I didn't feel up to it. But, I have complete peace that I've made the right choice and that this is where God wants me.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:30 am

There is no such thing as a perfect Church since it's made up of imperfect people, but I'm glad you found the one you are suppose to be in. Sometimes God will move us to another Church for various reasons. I remember one Church we had attended that I absolutely loved. I loved the Pastor and his wife, I loved the congregation, I loved ministering in Children's Church, I loved every thing about it. Then one day I felt God telling me it was time to move on. I didn't want to, so I stayed long past when I should have. I'm glad that you listened to the Lord about where you were suppose to be.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 pm

I remember hearing someplace that if you find the perfect church, don't attend it because it will no longer be perfect!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:28 pm

So glad you found a good fit, and God let you know when to go.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:37 am

Dizzy, truer words have never been spoken. Since we are an imperfect being we will never find a perfect Church while we're sill in these bodies.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carla Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I have a couple testimonies that are going to blow your minds!
1. I had smoked over a pack a day for over 25 years. I had tried to quit smoking several times and couldn't do it. I really felt like God was dealing with me to quit and I definitely could not afford the cigarettes.
We had a faith healer come to our church. I know the man could do nothing on his own. Anyway I went up for prayer, this man was blind and kept putting his hand out for other people and I was getting pushed back. I finally just sat down on the front pew to wait. I didn't understand at the time why this was happening. I watched miracle after miracle happening right before my own eyes. Finally it came my time and the man asked what my need was.
I told him I needed deliverance from the cigarettes. He stopped and said " Something happened years ago that caused you to lose your faith." " First we will pray for restored faith." I knew exactly what he was talking about.
When my mom died I blamed God for letting her suffer! I thought for many years why did such a wonderful Christian lady have to suffer the way she did. I left they church for many years because I had lost my faith!
This man did not know anything about me, as a matter of fact not many people knew why I left the church.
That very night God delivered me from my addiction to cigarettes and I have not had any desire to go back to them.
I will post my 2nd. deliverance another night as it is now 4:00 am and Jeff will be home soon. The next one is even better. Also since I have been back in church God has reveled to me that mom may have been trying to talk to us and it was coming out as moans because she was being given morphine shots every two hours and maybe she wasn't in as much pain as I thought she was.

carla

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm

That is a great testimony Carla. God still has the power to help and heal His children. Praise the Lord!
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 am

Carla, Grandma would be very proud of you and you know I am. It's always been strange having an Aunt that was my age, but I believe God blessed me with the relationship you and I have developed. I praise God for your deliverance and can't wait to hear the rest of your testimony. BTW, Mom said she though Grandma was praying when she passed away. Knowing Grandma, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed May 15, 2013 1:54 pm

WOW!! I am honored that you have chosen to share that with us, powerful testimony for sure.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carla Wed May 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Katrina, I wasn't there at the moment mom passed away but I knew the exact minute and looked at my watch. When I got to the house your mom was waiting at the door for me. I don't know if she remembers or not, but I told her the exact time mom died.
I have heard several people say she was praying when she took her last breath and I really do believe she was. Mom was an amazing lady that love God so much. Many nights I would be upstairs and I would hear her crying. I would sneak down the stairs go through the kitchen to (what used to be the back porch) but dad had made a bath room there. I would go to the door and listen to mom praying for all her kids and grandkids. Her prayers have been answered. I came back to God and I think all of us kids except for one goes to church now.
I have lost track of the years it has been since God delivered me from the cigarettes, but the next deliverance I will post has been this year and I am blessed beyond measure that God delivered me. I don't have time to post it tonight, but hope to soon. I want to check all my notes so I post it correctly.
Yes I do have notes on this one, because I had to have help from prayer warriors to get through the with drawl. Will post soon.
I love this sight because I want to give God all the praise an Glory because I can do nothing on my own. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I praise him everyday.

carla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Carla, I truly believe that Grandma's prayers followed me wherever I went and because of those prayers God sent certain people in my life to minister to me. She was definitely an inspiration to all who knew her.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carla Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Time to post my 2nd. testimony. It all began June 25, 1998 I had to have neck surgery do to an auto accident. I had the surgery on a Friday Am and went home on Sunday AM. By Monday I was having what I thought was a heart attach. We called my Dr. who told Jeff to bring me to her office. I don't think she believe for a second that I was having a heart attach.
She followed me directly into the exam room took my B/P herself and asked me to explain what I was feeling like. I told her and she laughed and said " You are fine, your having a panic attach." She gave me two anxiety meds to take. After several months she took me off of one of them. I continued to take the remaining one which RX was for up to 3 times daily for a time release drug. Continued taking for 15 years, but was only taking at night unless I had a severe attach. I had learned how to talk my way through an attach if it occurred during the day. However if I had one in middle of the night I would freak out, thinking I was dying.
I was not going to church during this time and I knew if I died I was not saved. I could not die in that condition!
Anyway after all these years the Lord had started dealing with me about taking this drug and I kept saying " but Lord, you know I have to take it. I'm not addicted to it or anything, just can't get through a night attach with out it." Not addicted? Yeah right!
On Monday Jan.14, 2013 God dealt with me so strongly that I decided not to take that night dose. I did ok Monday & Tuesday nights. On Wednesday the withdraw was so bad! I had become very weak because I couldn't eat and the fatigue had set in no sleep and nothing to eat since Monday. I felt like I was becoming spiritually weak also and feared I would take a pill. I had two pills left before getting it refilled.
I contacted 5 of my friend I could trust to intercede on my behave and talk to only the Lord about it. I hadn't told my family even what was going on untill Wed. night when I become so weak. I told our daughter (Debra) she lives with us. We both decided it would be best for me to stay in my bedroom till I was better, so 7 year old Brenna could not see me in the condition I was in. Debra took Brenna and got goodies for them to snack on and a movie. I came out of my bedroom just long enough to blow Brenna night night kisses. The lights were off & only the light from the TV so Brenna didn't see me.
A friend was up all night Wed, interceding and I was able to fall asleep for about an hour and 1/2. I woke up in a severe attach. I finally realized what it was and reached for the pill bottle. It was like the Lord stopped me mid-reach and told me this is what you've been fearing, waking up with an attach and not being able to get through it with out the pill.
I did not take the pill! I started binding the spirit of confusion, addiction and every other bad spirit I could think of. Than I started praising the Lord and losing the power of the Holy spirit to give me peace and a calm mind and spirit. I got through that attach with the help of the Lord.
By Friday all the withdraw was gone and I was feeling so much better and able to eat. Come Friday late evening yet another attach! I contacted the same 5 friends and told them God had indeed delivered me from the drug now I needed them to help me pray for healing and no more panic attacks. I am so happy to say that God delivered me and healed me completely!! No more attach's
I am giving God all the praise and Glory because he is great and greatly to be praised. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

carla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed May 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Carla, that's awesome. I remember you telling me about the panic attacks, but didn't know God delivered you from them.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carla Wed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes in Jan. of this year. I haven't told many because I wait untill God puts it on my heart to testify. I did testify on my church wall and here and that's all for now. Will do more as I feel led my the spirit. I don't want to do any thing that is not in God's will.

carla

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Another great testimony. God is the great healer. Praise the Lord!!
Thanks for sharing that wonderful testimony Carla.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 pm

My youngest daughter whom is a teacher and is very strong in her faith decided dad and I needed some help with our new property and move so without telling us began a 6 hour trip to our home last night. She was coming out of Oklahoma straight toward and through several tornado warnings. She did not tell us she was on her way. We went and ate dinner out, went shopping, piddled pretty much never knowing she was in the middle of the storms. Our other two children didn't have any idea either. Both of them called saying that we needed to call youngest daughter to make sure they were in their tornado shelter. We did and she told us they were fine but offered no more. At approximately 9 pm last night we were doing some last minute chores outside and heard someone coming up the drive. We were so happy to see her but unsure what she had been through as we hadn't been watching any weather. She got out of her truck with tears in her eyes and hugged us for what seemed like an eternity and then she broke down. She had not only come through some very bad weather but had been behind an suv that hydroplaned and flipped right in front of her. She had called 911 but since 4 more cars stopped and a bunch of men ran toward the wreck she didn't want to be in the way but she waited for the ambulance and highway patrol to arrive. After we all calmed down she said you know mom....when the storms got rough I just kept telling myself that God brought me to this he will bring me through this and I just kept moving until I got here.

Last edited by mom12700 on Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled word)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Fri May 31, 2013 9:53 pm

Thank God for His protection for your daughter Mom12700. God does take care of His own. There are many times when we are protected by God and His angels that we are not even aware of. Thanks for that great testimony of God's protecting hand.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:53 am

Ditto to that. I try and remember every time I can't leave when I'd planned to that God has a reason behind it, and that it may be His way of protecting me.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 am

Thank God for protecting her. Wow.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:58 am

God is so awesome. I'm so thankful that He kept her safe.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down