Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
What are you doing to prepare...... EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

What are you doing to prepare......

2 posters

Go down

What are you doing to prepare...... Empty What are you doing to prepare......

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 pm

for the coming economic crisis and civil unrest that will follow? worry

Like a Star @ heaven Do you know our Lord and Savior personally? Like a Star @ heaven

Are you stocking up on food, water, personal and household nessecities, and medical supplies?

Are you planting a garden, small fruit or fruit trees? What other means of securing food are you considering?

What skills are you learning that will help in your daily survival? What skills would you like to learn? study

Are you considering how you will heat/cool your home, provide water, how you will do the cooking, laundry and bath? scratch

What are you doing to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm?

Just a few things to think about before it's too late to prepare. Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

What are you doing to prepare...... Empty Re: What are you doing to prepare......

Post by Sonshine Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Good questions. Joe and I were basically city kids up until the Lord started warning me of some of the things we're now beginning to see happen. I started out by trying to stock up on food, but then realized, no one knows how long we would need the extra storage, so there was no way to know how much to store. That was when I realized that prepping shouldn't be about hoarding, but about learning how to raise and preserve your own food, how to live without electricity. Each year Joe and I have been trying to learn a new skill. We started off with gardening, which we are expanding. Then we got chickens, then goats, then I started my herb garden, we got a solar set up that will run our water pump for the well and are hoping to add to it to be able to run a freezer. We have used wood for heat the past 3 years. We have several berry bushes and strawberries and grape vines planted and have been putting in fruit trees for the past few years. I'm learning about medicinal herbs and this year will be putting in a medicinal herb garden. Things we can't raise here we have been stocking up on such as salt, sugar etc. We are always on the look out for manual items and now have a manual food processor and a pasta machine. I have also learned how to make sourdough bread and now make it weekly.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down