Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

+11
Farmfresh
Mississippi Momma
Mrs Rooster
carla
Evie1
kerrig
Rohn
amybyrd21
PlainFolk
backtotheland
Sonshine
15 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:01 am

Patrice, sorry to hear that Judie is have health issues again. I will continue to pray for her. I'm also praying for your health. I know how hard it is to step down from a ministry due to health issues. When I stepped down from children's ministries I felt useless and wondered what God wanted me to do next. I was so glad to get well enough to return to children's ministries, although it's not been easy. I pray that God will direct you to your next ministry.

I know what you mean about the garden. With us having so many days with temps over 100 my poor garden basically burned up. We managed to do a little bit of canning, but mainly just enough to eat off of. We are going to be doing a fall garden too, but ours will have to wait till at least next week.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How has your day been and what's for dinner................... - Page 14 Empty Re: How has your day been and what's for dinner...................

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 am

Hi everyone. I'm sorry to hear that you fell Sonshine. I hope you're feeling better soon. Amy, I'm glad the doctors got to the root of your problem and I hope you continue to improve. Patrice I'm sorry to hear that your friend has another tumor and that you feel you need to step down from the food pantry. Sometimes there comes a time when we have to do what is necessary to take care of ourselves. I do believe the saying "When a door closes and window is opened." God can still use each one of us. He will show us the opened window. We just need to keep our faith in Him and look to Him for His direction.

William and I had a "Day Date" Saturday. We went to French Camp, Mississippi and looked at the old homes and buildings. Then we had lunch at the little cafe there. We stopped at a couple of yard sales on our way to French Camp. We found a couple of items to add to his inventory for the flea market. It was a nice day. I think our date for September we're going to Cullman, Alabama to the big flea market. We take turns choosing the destination for our trips.

We've gotten two good showers today. Our garden sure needed the rain. We had planned to pull some dirt up around the plants and give them some fertilizer but we didn't get it done because the rain came before we could get to it.

For dinner tonight we had baked chicken, eggplant fries and Louisiana Goulash.

I'm praying for each one of you and for the Kids' Krusade. I hope you all have a great week. May God bless each one of you. Smile
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:42 am

Sorry to hear about your fall, Sonshine. I hope you feel better quickly.
Patrice, I pray someone else will step up and help with the pantry for you.
MM, so glad you got much needed rain!

Tonight we had pizza for dinner.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:04 am

Hello Everyone. Sonshine I hope you're back is better and that the Kids krusade has been even more blessed than what you expected. Amy and Patrice I hope you all are feeling better too. Kerrig I hope your granddaughter is much better.

We have had two nice cool mornings. This morning the temp was 63 at seven o'clock. It sure was nice with the front door open.

We sold four of our ducks and eleven of our hens this weekend. Wish we could sell some more of the rabbits. We have over a dozen in the freezer but guess we will put twenty more in there if we don't sell them in the next week or so. We need to cut down on our feed costs. It's getting outrageous.

William is busy making dust pans out of old car tags. They look good. He's made one for each one of our children so far. He's tried to find tags with something on it that goes along with either their jobs or the college they like. He found one that has support teachers for Sandi, some with nurses care for Erica and Lisa and one with Ole Miss for Mark. That is going to be part of their Christmas gift. I think they would fit nicely in a basket with jelly, perserves and bbq sauce. He is going to try to sell some also.

Our garden is doing good right now. The new one we planted is growing good. We've gotten several good showers on it this last week and we have more rain predicted for most of next week. Today is a beautiful day though. Looks more like spring than almost fall out there.

We are having baked chicken, mashed potatoes and butterbeans for dinner tonight.

I pray each of you have a wonderful week ahead.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:16 am

The crusade went well, although I'm hurting from it, it was well worth it. I've got some pictures posted for those who are interested.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I come on and read and can't think of anything to say! Lol. I am right now drinking my coffee and figuring out which room I want to start on. I want to deep clean this house. Washing down the walls, the baseboards, sweeping and mopping. Our house is old and gets very dusty in no time flat.
Any ideas of what to have for supper? I'm drawing a blank.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 am

I don't know what you have in your pantry or freezer. Smile We're having ham steaks, scalloped potatoes and sweet peas for supper.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 am

Boy that sounds good. Smile
I decided on Taco Casserole. It's a new recipe so I'm excited.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:06 am

Taco casserole sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:35 am

We got another rain today. William and I laid down while it was raining and we both dozed off so I don't know how long it rained. We'be been getting a shower most every day.

Our garden is looking good since the rain. The peas are growing and we have some nice tomatoes on the Marianna's Conflict plants. They almost as big as a saucer and they're not turning yet.

The tomato plants we put out a week or so ago isn't growing too well. I worked around the cucumbers yesterday and I'm going to try to get the tomatoes tomorrow if it's not too wet. Or raining. We have rain forecast through next Thursday.

The weather is starting to wear on me. I wake up so sore and stiff I can hardly walk and during the day I ache while I'm standing doing the chores but when I set down then I get stiff again. I'm thinking it's the fibromyalgia but then it could be I'm getting old. LOL

I hope you all are doing well.

For dinner we had eggs, bacon, toast and fried potatoes. I made homemade bread today. First time in several years to make bread. I had a great bread maker and we had a power surge while it was going one day that tore it up. William bought me a new one but I haven't been able to bake good bread in it. Been thinking I'd try the breadmaker again. This bread that I made was a four ingredient bread. It's pretty good but not as good as the bread I used to make in the bread machine.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Sure! I didn't know if we could post a recipe in this section or not. Smile

Taco Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 cup (8 oz. bottle) taco sauce
1 pkg. taco shells, broken (divided)
3/4 cup water
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 11x7" baking dish.
Cook beef and onion until beef is browned, drain. Stir in taco sauce, water, chilies and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
Layer half of broken shells on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by mountainmama Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:36 am

That taco casserole sounds delicious! MM, good for you for making bread again. I only use my bread machine to make the dough because the machine burns it on the outside and it's raw in the middle.

Tonight I made ground pork patties, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and homemade applesauce. We juiced some apples last night, so I used the pulp for applesauce.

mountainmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:19 am

Kerrig, sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

We've been hit with allergies, well, Ty and I have. The doctor said a lot of people are being affected with it right now. Just when I think we're better, we get hit again. On a good note, we have 3 baby chicks so far. Momma is still setting on about 10 more eggs, and when we candled them it looked like they were all good, so hopefully they'll all hatch within the next day or two.

For supper we had eggs, bacon and biscuits, well, Joe and I did. Ty had to have his cheese omelet. Smile
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am

Today has been pretty quiet for us. William used the weedeater around the house and I did inside chores. I didn't get to the hospital to see my Mom today. I had to call the doctor about a prescription and the receptionist said the nurse would call me back so I set here until almost four thirty waiting for them to call. The last nurse the doc had would call within an hour or two but this one didn't call for about seven hours. She may have been busier now that he's in his own office.

I plan to get up early in the morning and get up to the hospital to see Mom. Sandi (daughter) went to see Mom this afternoon and she said they doctor had not ordered Mom's pain meds to be given like she takes them at home and that Mom was in a lot of pain. Mom has neuropathy in both legs and she has a lot of trouble with it. Sandi also said that Mom was saying her stomach hurt. I hated I couldn't get up there but I had to get that prescription because I'm almost out of the medicine.

We had a beautiful day here today. The temp was around 82 and the sun was shining.

Our garden is looking pretty good. We've got to get it worked out since we don't have rain in the forecast for a few days.

We had pizza for dinner.

I have to make the watermelon preserves tomorrow and Wednesday, also more bread and some laundry detergent. Going to be kind of busy week along with going to the hospital to see Mom. Your prayers for my Mother will be appreciated.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kerrig Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I pray that the Lord would touch her and heal her. I pray that she would have comfort and peace.
Yesterday I worked on cleaning in the house some. I mainly did the kitchen and dusted most of the ceiling fans. I haven't done much outside work as I haven't been in the mood. Isn't that terrible?
Today I work at my client's this morning and then when I get home I'm going to finish the ceiling fans and dust the rest of the house. Then decide what to fix for supper. Last night we had swiss steak, noodles and green bean casserole. I don't know yet what's on for tonight.
kerrig
kerrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 pm

MM, Praying for your Mom. Sorry the hospital wasn't giving her meds like she needs. Since I have neuroopathy in both legs and my back, I know how painful it can be. I'm also sorry you didn't get to see her yesterday. I hate waiting for doctor's to call back.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Haven't checked to see how many more eggs have hatched yet, but I'm hoping we have more babies.

I'm working on Ty's school year. We'll be starting school next week. I've also got a puppet/clown workshop coming up that I'm trying to prepare for.

Tonight for supper I'll be doing chicken strips with fries for Ty and for Joe and I, I'll fix some italian chicken to put in a toss salad.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you for the prayers. I got up early this morning and was about ready to get in the shower when Mom called and said she's coming home this morning. So I will go see her when she gets home. I would like to talk to the doctor to see what she needs to eat so I can help with the cooking but she doesn't want us talking to her doctor. I don't know if he'd talk to me even if I called him. I think I will try in a little while.

Sonshine, I'm sorry to hear you have neuropathy...I know Mom has awful pain with her legs and her arms.

I'm hoping that our birds will lay and set before it gets cool. The guineas have laid three or four eggs in the last week so maybe they will set. I'd sure love to have the ducks, geese and turkeys to hatch us some babies.

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. May God bless each one of you.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 pm

MM, my neuropathy came from all the back issues. That vein that was in my spine basically did a lot of damage to the nerves it was twisted around. I have neuropathy and twitches from it. In fact, the fall I took a couple of weeks ago I believe was because both my legs decided to twitch at the same time and caused both legs to jump up and out. It's the only explanation for what happened.

I'm glad your Mom is going home. I know I always rest better in my own home.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 am

Sonshine, the doctors have never told Mom what caused the neuropathy in her legs. I talked to her today and she said she isn't feeling good. She said she hurt from her ears all the way to her toes. She's prediciting rain. Smile

William and I both have been moving slowly the last couple of days. We're not sick. I don't know what is wrong. He's been sleeping until 8 and 8:30 most every morning. I don't know if it's the cooler temps we're having or we're just becoming more lazy or getting old.

I hope you all are doing well and that the rest of your week is great.

I heard from my grandson who is deployed to Afghanistan. He's supposed to be leaving around September 10th and be home around September 25th. I appreciate your prayers for him and would appreciate your continue prayers until he's back home and afterward if you are so inclined. Needless to say that we are so anxious to get him home safely.

For dinner we had field peas, rice, fried chicken and cornbread. I made extra cornbread for squash dressing in the near future. I hope we have some fresh squash soon but if we don't I have squash in the freezer I can use to make the dressing.

You all take care.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 am

MM, still praying for your grandson and your Mom. We figured the neuropathy I have was from the surgery, however, it is progressive, so not sure what's causing it. I sometimes wonder if it could be something like Lupus, since I have a niece and a cousin who both have it. Not sure if things like that run in families or not. How are your burns healing? You haven't mentioned any more about them.

Been busy here trying to get read for the puppet/clown workshop we'll be giving next month and have started prepping for the harvest festival for the kids. Seems like we just get through one major event and are already deep into preparations for the next one or two, but it's worth it. I enjoy getting back into the swing of things, although I'm not able to do as much as I use to.

For supper last night we ended up going out for Mexican. I had fajitas. Tonight I'm fixing teriyaki steak, fried rice and stir fry vegetables.

Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 am

I ended up in the ICU this week. I got a spetic infection. They let me out today so I am at home resting.

We had KFC for supper
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:56 am

Amy, I'm sorry you've been so sick but sure am glad you're doing better. Praying you have a complete recovery soon.

Sonshine, thank you for the prayers. We're so excited for Matt to be coming home soon. He's supposed to be getting out when he gets home. I appreciate all that our soldiers do for our country. He's trying to get started in the career he went to college for. He almost never got through college because he kept being deployed and as soon as he finished he was deployed again. He's twenty six and has never gotten to start his career.

The burns are doing great. I was told that about the end of July they would start scarring up but so far (other than the redness where I was burned) there's no scars. The doctor told me the areas would puff up but they haven't yet. God has truly blessed me with healing in this situation.

We ate leftovers for lunch and William had a sandwich for dinner. So far I haven't eaten. Think I will eat some cheese and crackers.

I pray you all have a great Friday.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Amy, I'm glad you're back home, but sorry to hear you've been sick. Praying you'll feel better soon.

MM, so glad to hear you're recovering from your burns. I'm also happy Matt is coming home. What career will he be going in?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mississippi Momma Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:25 am

He's been saving any extra money to open a recording studio. He was talking about being in Nashville. He majored in the business end of music. The recoring, promoting of musical groups. I hope it's going to be everything that he's dreamed of all these years.
Mississippi Momma
Mississippi Momma
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 am

Today was a little better. My chest is still killing with with the fluid on it. My oven decided to go out. Hubby and my step son in law worked on it and had to order a part for it. It is only two years old so I dont know why it went out like it did.

Today was Wesleys 8th Birthday. He had a little problem with us not doing his party with his cousins today but I had to explain we just postponed it to next week we didnt cancel it. It is just going to be a small party and he asks for pennies instead of gifts to fund his different projects. (This year is for the Zoo in Gulf Shores)

For dinner we are just eating left overs and what can be warmed up in the microwave since they have the oven tore apart.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next