Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

recipes  Taco  Sloppy  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Are You Asking God the Wrong Question?

2 posters

Go down

Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? Empty Are You Asking God the Wrong Question?

Post by Sonshine Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Could it be that we have made our relationship with God far too difficult? We strive so hard to draw closer to the heart of God. And all the while, God’s outstretched hand is reaching to draw us in. Psalm 46:10 reads, “cease striving and know that I am God” (NASB).

Cease striving.

For over a half of a century, I had been striving, pursuing, and seeking God. And like a cat chasing her tail, I had been going in circles. Circling in the wilderness with the Israelites, if you will. Saved from slavery, for sure. Headed to my own personal Promised Land, hopefully. But somehow stuck in the wilderness wandering, ever circling but not quite reaching Jordan’s shore.

And I am not alone. Statistics show that one of the top desires of Christians is to grow closer to God. During a recent poll, sixty-five percent said they were declining or on a plateau in their spiritual growth. On the other hand, Peter wrote: “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness” (2 Peter 1:3). We have everything we need to experience the ever growing, continually maturing, abundant life, so why aren’t we? Why are most of us languishing on the desert plateaus of mediocrity and complacency? Why are most of us satisfied munching on the predigested truths of teachers rather than pulling up to the banquet table and feasting with God at a table set for two?

“God, what do you really want from me?”

I’ve pondered that question since the genesis of my relationship with Christ. Perhaps you have too. When you boil down all the water from the diluted soup of questions men and women have simmered in their heart through the centuries, this is the one question left in the pot. And somehow, we feel that if we could answer that one question, we would discover why that glory ache persists and how to satisfy our yearning.

I had asked the question a thousand times, but one frosty January morning, I got quiet enough to listen. And then, in the stillness, He showed me that I and my busy sisters have been asking the wrong question.

Rather than ask God what He wants from us, we need to ask Him what He wants for us.

I meditated on Acts 17:28 throughout the following year after the day God whetted my appetite with the possibilities wrapped up in those eight little words. I came to realize that what He wants for us is to sense His presence, experience His love, and delight in intimate relationship as we live and move and have our being in sacred union with Him. And when we do, He opens our eyes to His glory all around and the ache for something more is soothed.

Taken from Girlfriends in God e-newsletter
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Are You Asking God the Wrong Question? Empty Re: Are You Asking God the Wrong Question?

Post by Miss Lillia Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Sonshine wrote:...one frosty January morning, I got quiet enough to listen. And then, in the stillness, He showed me that I and my busy sisters have been asking the wrong question.

Rather than ask God what He wants from us, we need to ask Him what He wants for us.

This is just the thing. We believe in God and sometimes only half trust Him, but we forget to listen.
Yes, we need to ask God what He wants from us, and trust Him, fully.
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down