Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Seasoning  Taco  recipes  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68

3 posters

Go down

The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 Empty The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68

Post by Rohn Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:59 pm

THE SOUL'S UNANSWERABLE QUESTION
John 6:68
(John 6:68) Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.  (KJV)
Peter has asked another one of those questions that seem to have no answer. His logic ruled out an answer, and so does mine.

1. CHRIST HAD JUST DECLARED HIMSELF THE GIVER OF LIFE.

1. (John 6:50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.  (KJV)
Jesus was signifying believing in Him for salvation.  

2.  (John 6:56) He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.  (KJV)
As our food becomes incorporated with ourselves, so Christ and those who eat His flesh and drink His blood become spiritually one life, though personally distinct.

3. (John 6:58) This is that bread which carne down from heaven not as your fathers did eat mama, and are dead he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. (KJV)

II. THIS DECLARATION OFFENDED SOME.

(John 6:66) From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.  (KJV)

1. WHY? HYPOCRISY CANNOT ENDURE THIS TRUTH.
Everybody wants salvation but no body wants to pay the price.  There is a high interest in salvation but a no interest in Christian living.  
There are more churches in our country than ever before but the moral standards are at an all-time low. Some of these church-goers are divorcing mates, aborting babies, cheating on spouses, drinking liquor, gambling paychecks, and abusing children at an unbelievably high rate.
What's the problem here?  People don’t have a real heart change.  Giving your life to Christ is something that will change you and the way you live.  Don’t be  a hypocrite when it comes to being a Christian.

2. SHAM (FAKE) CANNOT EXIST IN THIS BURNING PRESENCE.  The Gospel offends those who do not have the real thing.

3. OLD-TIME RELIGION IS NECESSARY HERE.  It is the kind of religion that changes the attitudes and puts within a person a desire to please God more than anything else.  It puts within or hearts a desire for God’s will and a love for His Word.

III. TO WHOM SHALL WE GO?
1. WHEN UNEARTHLY CONVICTION SEIZES THE SOUL?
(Psalms 40:12) For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.  (KJV)

(Matthew 11:28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and l will give you rest. (KJV)

2.   WHEN THE BURDEN OF, SIN IS MOUNTAINOUS?
(Psalms 38:4) For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. (KJV)

3 WHEN THE SOUL LONGS FOR PARDON?
(Isaiah 55:7) Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.  (KJV)
(Jeremiah 33:8) And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity; whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me. (KJV)

(1 John 1:9) lf we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (KJV)

4. WHEN THE SOUL PANTS AFTER HOLINESS?
(Psalms 63:1) O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;  (KJV)

(Isaiah 35:8) And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.  (KJV)

5. WHEN WE LONG FOR HEAVENLY FELLOWSHIP?
(Revelation 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (KJV)

6. WHEN FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES MISUNDERSTAND?
(Psalms 27:10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.  (KJV)

7. WHEN WE STAND AT THE GRAVESIDE OF LOVED ONES?

8. WHEN WE OURSELVES PRESS A DYING PILLOW?

9. WHEN EARTHLY TIES ARE BROKEN?

10. WHEN CHRIST COMES BACK TO EARTH?

IV. MAN'S SOUL KNOWS THE ANSWER.
1. CHRIST IS THE ONLY REMEDY FOR SIN!
(John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  (KJV)

2. CHRIST IS THE REMEDY OR CURE ALL FOR HEART DISEASE AND HUNGER.

3. CHRIST IS THE TRUE FRIEND.

4. CHRIST IS THE ONE WHO ALWAYS UNDERSTANDS.

5. CHRIST IS THE ANSWER TO LIFE'S SORROWS.

6. CHRIST IS THE NEED IN LIFE OR DEATH.

Christ is the answer to all life's questions.

All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name!
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 Empty Re: The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68

Post by dizzy Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:57 pm

While reading this, I noticed something that I never noticed B4. The one verse is chapter 6, verse 66, or 666. And w/the content of that verse, it really struck me.

Good sermon, Rohn, as usual.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68 Empty Re: The Soul's Unanswerable Question - John 6:68

Post by 12acrehome Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 pm

hmm curious John 6:66 "...and walked with him no more" when considered along with "the mark of the beast" makes that a curious verse indeed.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down