Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Psalm 40:1-3 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  Seasoning  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Psalm 40:1-3

4 posters

Go down

Psalm 40:1-3 Empty Psalm 40:1-3

Post by Rohn Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 pm

PSALM 40:1-3

Ps 40:1 <<To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.>> I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Ps 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Ps 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. (KJV)

I. PRAYING AND WAITING ON GOD.
We see in verse 1 that the psalmist had been praying and waiting on an answer from God. We can all pray but waiting is sometimes the hard part. As we pray and wait we must remember that God’s timing is always perfect.
Here are some reason why we may have to wait:
1. It helps our desires to be in the right place and it causes our thoughts on the Lord.
2. It strengthens our faith.
3. It builds up our expectation.
4. It gives God an opportunity to deal with us along certain issues as we wait on Him.
5. It helps us to realize that any victory is not circumstance or our own doing, but is God working on our behalf. Helps us realize, the help we need comes only from Him.
6. When we wait on Him it puts a fuller, more beautiful song of praise to Him, and for Him in our mouth.
7. When we wait on Him we can be assured that He will hear our cry!

II. GOD’S ANSWER AND HELP WHEN WE WAIT BEFORE HIM.
1. Salvation (v. 2). He takes us out of the deep miry clay. Sin has a hold on men women like miry clay. It has a fast hold on mankind. But God and only God can save us from the mire of sin.
Many men and women are in the mire of sin:
(1) The alcoholic and drug addict.
(2) The adulterer – Like the woman at the well (John 4)
(3) The dishonest.
(4) The unbelieving.
Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (KJV)

2. There are other pits beside the pit of sin where we need to call upon God for help.
(1) Discouragement – Like Elijah, I Kings 19.
(2) Depression. God can help us in times of depression. Discouragement and depression go hand in hand.
(3) Persecution –The three Hebrew boys in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3) Daniel in the lion’s den (Daniel 6).
(4) Temptation – Jesus was tempted (Luke 4:1-13)
(5) Trials - (1 Peter 1:7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (KJV)
(1 Peter 4:12) Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: (KJV)

When these things come we may feel like the Psalmist –
(Psalms 43:5) Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. (KJV)
But God has the answer for each and every one. Pray and wait on Him.
He is our salvation! Whatever problem or care you face He is the Answer! He can lift you up!

He is the only door-
(John 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. (KJV)
He is the only Saviour-
(Acts 4:12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (KJV)
His grace is sufficient for every need! His blood avails –
(Romans 5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (KJV)

III. HE SETS US UPON A ROCK (v. 2).
(1 Corinthians 3:11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (KJV)
Is your life being built on this solid foundation?

IV. HE ESTABLISHES OUR GOINGS (v. 2).
It is only as we listen, obey, and depend on God that our life in Him can be established.

V. HE PUTS A NEW SONG IN OUR MOUTH
(Psalms 40:3) And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. (KJV)
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Psalm 40:1-3 Empty Re: Psalm 40:1-3

Post by Sonshine Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I will add one more thing to your list of why we must sometimes wait. There are times that what we are asking for, we are not ready for. It's like a child that wants a car. He'll probably eventually get one, but at the age of 10 or so he is not mature enough for the responsiblities involved. I waiting over 15 years for my prayers for a child. In that time I became a children's pastor and learned about kids from all walks of life. Without that experience and the spiritual maturity I gained while ministering I'm not sure how well I would have done with Ty when we adopted him. I see the things I learned while waiting and how God has used those experiences to help me help Ty with his learning disabilities.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Good comment Sonshine.
There are probably many more things we could add to the list.
Thanks.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 am

I had a very good example of that happen recently. There was a horse sitting job on CL. It was for 6 days, about 5 hours a day and paid $300. I could have really used the money. I was praying to get it and so were others. Well, I didn't get it. (It would have been from Sunday thru today.)

Monday I found out that the owner of the farm where I have my horses was unexpectedly going away. When she's away, I care for the horses. Tuesday, I was run off my feet just getting done everything I needed to do at the farm. Yesterday was nasty out and I didn't want to be out more than I had to be. I got completely chilled, and it took me hours to get warm again. Today I was once again run off my feet getting stuff done. I've been thanking God that He didn't let me get that job. I would not have been able to get everything done.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:56 pm

There are examples of Gods hand in all our lives if we just pay attention. I'm glad things worked in your favor, and proud to know that you know why.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down