Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Studies in Psalm 39 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Seasoning  Sloppy  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Studies in Psalm 39

4 posters

Go down

Studies in Psalm 39 Empty Studies in Psalm 39

Post by Rohn Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:46 am

STUDIES IN PSALM 39

1. My ways – (v. 1) “I Said , I will take heed to my ways.”
Oh, that there would be more men and women who would take this to heart and be able to say as the psalmist says, “I will take heed to my ways.”
We must be always watchful so that we do not fall into temptation. Jesus gives us such a warning:
(Matthew 26:41) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (KJV)

Another New Testament warning:
(1 Corinthians 10:12) Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. (KJV)
Our main goal as Christians is to live a life that is completely pleasing to our Heavenly Father. No matter how enticing an act may be, if it doesn’t please Him, it is far better to not do it. No matter how much effort it takes to do what is right, it is always worth it. Leave the results with God.

2. My mouth – (v. 1) I will keep my mouth with a bridle.
How important it is not only to keep our actions right but our words need to be pure. How many times do we say something and then regret it afterwards? Once something is said it is hard and usually cannot be called back. The Lord can help us bridle our mouth so that the things we say please God.

True Christians bridle their mouth:
(James 1:26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. (KJV)

3. My heart – (v. 3) My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned.
David was meditating on some trials that he was going through as we can see in verse 2 where he says, “my sorrow was stirred.”
His heart was hot within him as he thought on these things. When things press in and our heart is stirred from the pressure of trials, it can bring us closer to God or take us away from God. It all depends on us.

No matter what our trials are we can keep our heart in the right place.

4. My tongue – (v. 3) Then spake I with my tongue.
It is always good to speak to God when something is weighing heavily on us. Pray. If we prayed more, God would help us more. God doesn’t always remove the trials, but He does help us to be able to bear the load we must carry.

5. My end - (v. 4) Lord make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days.
How important it is to know our end. If we have come to a place of forgiveness of sins and know that our hearts are right with God, it is a blessing to know what is at the end of this life. For those who are ready it will be bliss forever with God. Are you ready?

6. My days – (v. 5) Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee.
Life is short. Even the oldest person we know will tell us that life is short. How important it is to do what we can for God now, so that we can hear “Well done” at the end of this life.

7. My hope – (v. 7) My hope is in thee.
If our hope is in anything but God, our hope is vain. While we wish we could hope in our money, possessions, or even our government or people, we are made to realize that these cannot be counted on. The only hope that is steadfast is hope in God. He will never leave us or forsake us.

8. My Transgressions – (verse 8 ) Deliver me from all my transgressions.
Deliverance from sin is a wonderful thing. Only Jesus can deliver.

(John 3:16-17) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (KJV)

(1 John 1:9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (KJV)
If we confess, He hears and He delivers.

9. My prayer – (v. 12) Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear unto my cry.
God always hears the prayers of those who seek him. Repentant sinner, God hears you when you seek Him for pardon. Saint of God, God hears you when you cry unto Him for help and strength. We serve a prayer-hearing and prayer-answering God!

(All Scripture is from KJV)

Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Studies in Psalm 39 Empty Re: Studies in Psalm 39

Post by Sonshine Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:07 am

Great devotional. When I was a children's pastor I did a lesson on the words we speak. I would take a tube of toothpaste and have a child squeeze it all out on a plate. Then I would tell them to put it back in the tube. Of course, that's not possible, just like it's not possible to take back words we speak.

On My heart, this was a timely reminder. I have faced the loss of 4 children and yesterday was the anniversary of the first two kids' funerals. I've seen people completely turn from God when they are hit with the death of a loved one, when if a person would just run towards God instead of away from Him, He will give them the strength they need to get through it.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 am

I enjoyed reading this, very much.
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks Rohn, great reminder of how we are expected to live.

Bless you Sonshine, on this annivesary. I am glad God has given you the strength to carry on, I pray he has also granted you the peace of knowing you will be together again, in His presence.
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down