Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Not really a Bible study per se EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Not really a Bible study per se EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Not really a Bible study per se EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Not really a Bible study per se EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Not really a Bible study per se

2 posters

Go down

Not really a Bible study per se Empty Not really a Bible study per se

Post by Sonshine Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 am

Just a few thoughts that have been running through my mind these past few days. Many of you know that we have a special needs child. It amazes me how much we can learn from these kids. Ty has taught me so much about God's loving nature. He loves everyone and is so quick to forgive those who have harmed him. I've never seen him hold a grudge. Here lately, wherever we go, Ty has been making comments about how great it was. An example would be going out to eat. If we go to McDonalds he'll say, "That was the best McDonalds ever!" The same thing applies to any place we go, it's always the best ever. If the children of Israel could have learned the lesson that he so effortlessly accepts and hadn't grumbled and complained they would not have been stuck in the wilderness for so long. It seems that most people, especiallly adults, are always finding what's wrong in life, but forgetting the "best thing ever" parts. An old hymn tells us to count our blessings, name them one by one. Unfortunately we have a tendency to count of trials and problems more often than our blessings, and the blessings get forgotten. Each of us has been blessed, yet how often do we think about those blessings? I think when we start actually looking for the best thing ever that we'll begin to realize we have more blessings than hardships. Maybe it's a habit we need to develop. Instead of looking at all that is wrong in our lives, we should look at all that is right in our lives. When we start doing that I believe we'll actually start seeing more blessings than we realized we had. So, what was your best thing ever today?
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Not really a Bible study per se Empty Re: Not really a Bible study per se

Post by Rohn Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 am

I was able to put up a nice new shinny black mail box today. The old one had a worn out door. I really do think this is the nicest mail box I ever have had. That is one good thing that happened to me today.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 am

See, that's what I mean. How many people would give putting up a new mail box as a blessing? My best thing ever today was our neighbor. I usually try to watch out for them. They are an elderly couple and he was in a plane wreck a few years ago. Well, she is the one who takes care of our critters when we go away for a couple of days. Today, I came home early from our camping trip. She came over to check up on me. God has really blessed my family with some awesome neighbors.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rohn Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 pm

November seems to be the month of the year that we think about giving thanks. But we are so blessed and we really need to thank God for things 365 days a year.
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down