Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
He is power and compassion EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
He is power and compassion EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
He is power and compassion EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
He is power and compassion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
He is power and compassion EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
He is power and compassion EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
He is power and compassion EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
He is power and compassion EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
He is power and compassion EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Taco  Seasoning  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

He is power and compassion

2 posters

Go down

He is power and compassion Empty He is power and compassion

Post by Sonshine Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:32 am

(written by David Wilkerson)

“Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way” (Matthew 15:32).

I believe Christ was making a statement to his disciples here. He was saying, “I’m going to do more for the people than heal them. I’ll make sure they have enough bread to eat. I’m concerned about everything that affects their lives. You have to see that I am more than just power. I am also compassion. If you see me only as a healer, a miracle worker, you will fear me. But if you also see me as compassionate, you’re going to love and trust me.”

I am writing this message for all who are on the brink of exhaustion, about to faint, overwhelmed by your present situation. You’ve been a faithful servant, feeding others, confident that God can do the impossible for his people. Yet you have some lingering doubts about his willingness to intervene in your struggle.

I wonder how many readers of this message have spoken words of faith and hope to others who are facing distressing, seemingly hopeless situations? You have urged them, “Hold on! The Lord is able. He is a miracle-working God, and his promises are true. So, don’t lose hope, because he’s going to answer your cry.”

“Do you really believe in miracles?” That’s the question the Holy Spirit asked of me. My answer was, “Yes, of course, Lord. I believe in every miracle I’ve read about in Scripture.” Yet this answer is not good enough. The Lord’s question to each one of us really is, “Do you believe I can work a miracle for you?” And not just one miracle, but a miracle for every crisis, every situation we face. We need more than Old Testament miracles, New Testament miracles, and by-gone miracles in history. We need up-to-date, personal miracles that are designed just for us and our situation.

Think of the one difficulty you’re facing right now, your greatest need, your most troubling problem. You’ve prayed about it for so long. Do you really believe the Lord can and will work it out, in ways you can’t conceive? That kind of faith commands the heart to quit fretting or asking questions. It tells you to rest in the Father’s care, trusting him to do it all in his way and time.

(note from me)
This devotional really spoke to me. I am battling many things in my life right now, many of them brought on by my health issues. I recently gave up ministering in Children's church, something I have done for 25 years, but with my back I have not been able to do what I feel called to do and love to do. So, between the pain and the loss of ministering to the children I have been fighting with depression. I've always believed God can and does perform miracles. He's the same yesterday, today and forever. Yet for some reason it's hard for me to grasp that He will create a miracle for me. So, for those who read this, please keep this lil ole clown in your prayers so that I can resume ministering to the kids through clowing, puppetry and gospel illusions. I've held off on selling all the puppets and various things we've collecting through the years in the hopes that one day I'll once again be able to use these tools to reach out to the children, yet I look at them and look at my wheelchair and get more depressed. Thanks to those willing to hold me up in prayer.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

He is power and compassion Empty Re: He is power and compassion

Post by squeezinby Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 am

Your in a wheelchair? I didn't know, I know you had mentioned back problems you where having,but I didn't know it was that bad. I will pray for you.
I too have been having health problems and strugleing with not being able to do all the things that I use to do for others in church and in the community. And I totally understand how the depression can set in, I trying to fight it off right now. I guess we just have to keep praying for one another and believe that God well take care of us.
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:56 am

I've actually had the wheelchair for about 5 years now. Dawn could probably tell you exactly when I got it, because it was the day that Joe had brain surgery to remove a tumor, but I have not been as confined to it as I have recently. A few months ago I was sitting at my computer and stretched and I don't know what it did, but it really made my back worse. Now I can't even clean my house, except for very little at a time.

I will be praying for you. I believe Satan attacks Christians with depression because it keeps them from being the light we are called to be. I just have to figure out what it is I'm suppose to do now that I can no longer do Children's church. BTW, I haven't completely given up on being able to go back to children's church, I haven't sold any of our puppets or clown stuff. I guess I'm hoping to one day be able to return to it. But if not, I just wish God would show me what I'm suppose to be doing. I feel useless right now.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squeezinby Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:51 am

I believe the same about satan using depression to keepChristians down.
When he can't get to us physically,or spiritually, or in anyother way, he tends to overwelm us with stuff to try and get us depressed.
I will pray in ageament with you that God will show you how to continue serving His purpose. I'm going through some similar stuff and have been praying for a while now about the direction I should go in my serves to him.
BTW, When I got the e-mail alert about your reply post , the banner that came with it had a Blond Revialing bra and some clevage with the saying "come be my Lord". I hope that it was some sort of computer error,and not something done on purpose. I do feel it was in appopreate for ower website. Thanks confused
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonshine Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 am

This is a free forum so I have no control over the advertising. Fortunately I think they usually keep it within context of what the forum is suppose to be, but the computer must have just picked up the word "Lord" and used that commercial.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down