Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Seasoning  Taco  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases

+3
Sonshine
HomesteadBaker
amybyrd21
7 posters

Go down

What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases Empty What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases

Post by amybyrd21 Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm

I ended up with a huge box of sheetes and pillowcases that fit nothing in the house. They are not good enough to sell but have alot of material lett in them. I think they are straight out of the 70's and 80's.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

http://waylandcook.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases Empty Re: What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases

Post by HomesteadBaker Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:35 am

Well.........

Sheets:
My MIL used to make curtains with them....

I use them out in the garden.... good for a few degrees of frost protection.... also can be suspended above crops to act as shade cloth

Pillow cases:
These make great draw-string duffel bags

Kitty

HomesteadBaker

http://www.shaklee.net/katherinefreeze

Back to top Go down

What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases Empty Re: What do you do with left over sheetes and pillow cases

Post by Sonshine Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 am

Sheets can be used as backings for quilts. They also work fairly well for cleaning windows, don't leave as much lint as other material. Pillow cases are good for laundry bags.
Sonshine
Sonshine
Admin

https://christianhomesteader.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:41 am

Old sheets are good for so many things.. sometimes I buy them at yard sales to use for drop cloths and furniture covers when painting, floor covers after shampooing carpeting or protecting floors from mud in the spring, hubby is always looking for rags out in the barn or doing mechanic work.. Cotton sheets are good for wall washing. Windows, gardens, protecting furniture from dogs. There are many ways to use sheets in rug making.. both rag rugs, braided rugs, and other crafts.
Marie
Marie

http://www.triparoundsun.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squeezinby Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:39 am

The possablities are endless, You can use the sheets,for any sewing project. You could even use them to make clothes for around the house.
Skirts,house dresses,tops,purses,bags of all kinds. Cut a few differant sheets up and sew them together to make a quilttop to use for picnicks.
I love getting my hands on sheets. lol!
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 am

Junior's two aunts gave them to him after his divorce. I went thru the up stairs and found at least two moving boxed full of them. Green and orange, stripped, all diffrent colors. Rebekka said she is going to make dog clothes out of some of them and may be some doll clothes. I guess I can practice sewing on them lol
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by squeezinby Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:26 am

Using the sheet for practice projects is a great way to keep from ruining expencive fabric. I will be great practice for your daughter.
squeezinby
squeezinby

Back to top Go down

Post by amybyrd21 Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:30 am

Poor smokie will have to try it all on lol. I will post pics when she gets some of them done. I am glad he is so understanding with the kids. He is an older dog so I was worried when I adpoted him that we would have problems with that. But he just sits there and takes it until he cant stand no more then he growls a little to let them know that is enough, I think he likes to be dressed up.
amybyrd21
amybyrd21
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Lillia Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm

squeezinby wrote:The possablities are endless, You can use the sheets,for any sewing project. You could even use them to make clothes for around the house.
Skirts,house dresses,tops,purses,bags of all kinds. Cut a few differant sheets up and sew them together to make a quilttop to use for picnicks.
I love getting my hands on sheets. lol!

Fabric is hard to come by and fairly expensive so I buy used/in good condition sheets for a £ or 2. I also buy pillowcase at 25p each. I make curtains, PJ bottoms, totes, etc with them.
I love getting my hands on sheets too! Very Happy
Miss Lillia
Miss Lillia

Back to top Go down

Post by kasilofhome Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Party outfits---toga toga toga

when I was little mom would have us pre set the table for special meals and the sheet was used to cover everything once she aproved the setting. It kept dust off (and dead flies from the orange rubber fly killer she kept hung up till just before the guest came and the cloth was removed.

Right now I do not have walls--I have studs. so I use the sheets stapled to the studs Some of them look nice. I could see using the as a wall treatment.

kasilofhome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum