Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Taco  recipes  Seasoning  Sloppy  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 Empty Re: Patrice's Patch Garden Journal

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 05, 2015 7:07 am

Very pretty!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 Empty Re: Patrice's Patch Garden Journal

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks FF
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri May 08, 2015 9:01 am

Here's the baskets hanging and ready for the vines to start growing.
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150511
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Fri May 08, 2015 9:19 am

That is going to look really nice when the plants get going. I can't wait!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri May 08, 2015 9:36 am

I hope it fills in really nicely. I planted 5 moonflower and 7 morning glory seeds per basket in four baskets. In the other four baskets I planted 12 or 13 morning glory seeds, half blue and half pink. I can't wait for them to start growing.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 12, 2015 3:42 am

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150512

Some of the morning glory seeds have sprouted already. Smile
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150513

My peppers have doubled in size since I planted them last week.

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150514

My last surving rhubarb plant.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun May 17, 2015 8:37 pm

I got outside this morning before my dh gets up and transplanted my broccoli and cauliflower starts. Unfortunately I didn't get the peppers transplanted because the rain has returned.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 am

My ds and I created 2 new 20ft long potato beds where the flower garden/burn pit is going in. I was going to grow the potatoes in landscape fabric bags but I haven't had time to sew them. We laid down cardboard, then spread bagged garden soil on the cardboard, then the potatoes and topped them with bagged top soil. I'll either add more soil and then straw to finish them as soon as they start growing. I'll have to purchase a few bales of straw for coving them. I planted Yukon Gold and Red Norland varieties, both are mid-season types.

I also transplanted my broccoli and cauliflower starts into my grow buckets this morning. I still need to transplant the peppers I started from seed.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm

I spent a couple hours pulling thistles/sticker bushes from all the garden beds. I had 2 (55 gallon) black contractor bags full of them. I still have other weeds that need to be pulled but I'm waiting for the rain that's coming to loosen them up. Wink

I was out checking my fruit trees and found my apricot had a limb that cracked off. Sad It appears that the rain/snow had been settling in the "crotch" of the limb/trunk and it rotted. The sap was rock hard so it must have been bad for some time. We had high winds last week and appears they caused the limb to twist and cracked it off. Sad I hope the tree will survive, this is one of the new ones that I ordered last year.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sun May 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Too bad about your tree. No I hope that it is able to recover.

I need to go a weed whacking and digging again. I have lots in my backyard fence row that need cleaned.

Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 25, 2015 3:52 am

I spent 3 hours weeding and planting 2 of my raised beds this afternoon. I wanted to get as much done as I could before the rain gets here.

The first bed I had already direct seeded with parsnips, rutabaga, kohlrabi and turnips but the weeds and sticker bushes took over. A few of the rutabaga and turnips did come up as well as 1 kohlrabi so I just weeded around them and planted more seeds in those sections.

The other bed was also previously direct seeded with carrots, leeks and shallots. It too had been over run with weeds. Just a few of one variety of carrots had come up. I weeded and seeded it with cutting celery, more carrots and 5 different varieties of cabbage.

Depending on the weather tomorrow I'm hoping to get back out there to weed and direct seed the two beds with the trellises. I'm planning to plant a full bed of pole beans and 1/2 bed each of cucumbers and sugar snap peas.

I still need to weed the long back bed where the asparagus and rhubarb are growing. I want to plant that bed with a few pie pumpkins, watermelon and a couple of zucchini.

The last bed that I need to weed and plant is a small bed where I plan to plant the leeks, onions, shallots and garlic.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 30, 2015 12:42 am

Well, I got the bean bed weeded and seeded, two other beds weeded around the plants and weeded enough of the back fence bed to plant some watermelon, zucchini and pie pumpkins. 2 1/2 hours in the humidity and I'm done. I came in to rest and it started raining so I won't be going outside to do anything else today
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sat May 30, 2015 2:32 am

You are getting a lot accomplished. I still have a lot of garden that needs to be planted and even more that needs weeding, but all it does is rain.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat May 30, 2015 3:02 am

Our rain was short lived and just made it more humid. Sad I'm trying to do a little bit each day or at least every other day to keep on track. I'm pleased with what I've managed to get done so far with everything that is going on here. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sat May 30, 2015 9:40 am

It's been too hot and dry here. I'd love a good, soaking rain.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:49 am

I moved 9 wheelbarrow loads of mulch and spread it over the cardboard that I'm using to create the new horseshoe shaped flower bed. I need to get about 5 more boxes to complete the horseshoe shape. I'm going to create a hole where I want to plant the flowers, put in some soil and the plant. The mulch is breaking down nicely after sitting for the last 3 years.

The potatoes are looking really good so far. I've got to send my ds after a couple of bales of straw to mulch the potatoes if I can't get my cousin to bring me some when he comes for the chicken coop.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:01 am

I got back out there this evening and finally got the rest of the annuals planted in the newly created flower beds.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:49 am

I planted chives, garlic chives, rosemary, basil, parsley, yard long beans, straight eight cucumbers, and sugar snap peas today.

I also spread a butterfly and bee wildflower seed mix over the new horseshoe shaped flower bed mulch.

My ds planted my new double knock out pink rose to replace the rose that died in the living fence row.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:32 am

Wow. A very productive day!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:43 am

Good for you!

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm very pleased with what I've managed to accomplish under the circumstances this year. Wink Hopefully I can get the rest of the horseshoe flower bed completed this week between the days we are supposed to get rain. I'm hoping to beat the rain in the morning to apply some fertilizer to the newly planted flowers and the seeds that I scattered today.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Here are a few pictures of the hanging baskets, my roses along the back of the house and the new horseshoe flower bed.

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150610

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150611

Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150612
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 pm

You are really coming along! I feel like it is one step forward and two back around here right now.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:50 am

I picked a half a gallon of sugar snap peas yesterday from the garden. Here are a couple of pictures of the hanging baskets, they are finally starting to climb up to the frame.
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150613
Patrice's Patch Garden Journal  - Page 5 20150614
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 12acrehome Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 pm

nicely done!!
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next