Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  Taco  Seasoning  recipes  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

+2
Harvey_Birdman
Farmfresh
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

Post by 12acrehome Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 pm

That's cool. He looks very excited
12acrehome
12acrehome
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/keith.skaggs.9

Back to top Go down

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Farmfresh's Thunder Ridge Garden Journal

Post by PATRICE IN IL Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 pm

He's getting so big! Love that smile Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harvey_Birdman Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:27 am

Sounds like you are getting the new place set up the way you have wanted, and making good use of the larger space.
Harvey_Birdman
Harvey_Birdman

http://homesteadingpreacherman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:09 am

A warm, but very windy day today. It is supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow. Today the Kid and I got a row of peas planted and some more onion sets. I still need to dump a load of brush and buy a truckload of compost (or two) for my new raised bed and several other spots around the place that need it. Then I can get my potatoes planted.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

http://www.uBuilderPlans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 am

I'm glad you were able to get some seeds planted. We're supposed to get rain tonight through Friday.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

I got about half of my tomatoes planted tonight as well as the rest of my onions. Hurrah!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Yeah! Smile
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:17 am

I looked out the front window a little while ago and got a bit of a shock. My lilacs are blooming! When did that happen?
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:22 am

Hubby is off work this week and so today we took the Kid to the giant garden center the next town over. He had fun wondering the aisles looking at all of the flowers and plants. We spent a while in the herb section sniffing plants as well.

I brought home a couple of rosemary plants, a paprika pepper plant and bought some bamboo rods to climb pole beans on. I am putting them in a teepee around one of the stumps in the backyard for the Kid to play under this summer.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:14 am

That sounds like a great idea! And, he can munch on the beans if he wants to.

dizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:47 am

Sounds like a nice way to spend part of the day. I'm sure the Kid will love his bean fort.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 am

He did a lot of bean munching last year. Very Happy
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 am

Yummy, nothing better than garden grazing for a snack. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Planted my kale and a few flower seeds in the front garden the other day. Tonight we stopped to buy some paint and I got a few pepper plants (bell and sweet banana) and 6 more tomato plants (beefmaster). I also got a beautiful columbine for my entry garden.

Tonight I over seeded the backyard with some clover and some rye grass. Hopefully tonight's rain will get it growing fast.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:28 am

Got my container pots topped up with fresh compost and got a new planter filled as well as a new 4 x 8 raised bed. Fresh compost ... hurrah!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:34 am

Yeah!!! Smile You're making great progress on prepping your garden areas. Wink
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Mon May 04, 2015 5:22 am

Today I finally got my potatoes planted. cheers I also planted some sweet banana peppers. The other day the Kid and I did a bit of planting as well. We planted some Brussels sprouts and bok choy in one of the planters.

In other garden news... hubby hit a tree root with our old second hand push mower today and it broke. The blade was bent and oil was oozing out of the muffler. Time for another used one. We just use it to mow rough places around the yard. Better to wreck a cheap used mower than a new one.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Mon May 04, 2015 10:12 am

I still need to get my potatoes planted, I'm hoping to get my landscape fabric bags made this week.

Sorry about the mower, but you are right about cheaper to replace when bought used. Wink My dh was a mower wrecker, we would go through 2-3 mowers a season. Sad
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 am

The Kid and I worked on my shady entry garden for a while this morning. I went to a plant sale at a local lumber yard the other day and was able to buy a Guacamole hosta and a Patriot hosta, each in gallon pots, for $3.99 each and I also got some small potted lupines for $2.49 each.

Most of the tiny hosta starts that I bought last year (5 for $4.00) came back up. One of the two Ostrich ferns survived the winter and so did the white bleeding hearts. For some reason the pink bleeding heart is no where to be seen. I am also seeing a few of the Asiatic lilies popping up.

Earlier this year I got some giant columbine to add to the bed and a few impatients. Now all I need are some more lilies and other bulbs for this planting area to be what I consider full and complete.

It sure looks different than when it was a bed of poison ivy and tree sprouts!
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 am

I bet it looks really pretty when all the flowers are in bloom against the different green shades of the hostas and ferns.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 05, 2015 3:28 am

I am hoping that it will. It is not there yet - just in my mind's eye. I am buying very small perennials because they are cheap. Last year the hosta were only about two or three small leaves each. This year the leaves are somewhat bigger, but they have a long way to go to fill out the space. Still... there is hope and it looks better than brush and weeds.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 am

I do the same thing when buying plants, that way my $$ stretch further for my landscape projects.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Tue May 05, 2015 7:06 am

Here are a few pictures
Before when it was a mess

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Poison%20ivy%20bed

Today it looks like

Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Entry%20garden%20a%2015
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Entry%20garden%20c%2015

The Kid's potato pots
Farmfresh's  Thunder Ridge Garden Journal - Page 3 Masons%20potatoes%2015
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by PATRICE IN IL Tue May 05, 2015 7:37 am

That's definitely a BIG improvement! Everything looks great and the Kids potatoes are doing nicely in those containers.
PATRICE IN IL
PATRICE IN IL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Farmfresh Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 am

Finally got my red raspberries trellised today. I also cleaned the City Biddy coop and used the bedding (mostly wood shavings) to mulch some of my tomatoes.
Farmfresh
Farmfresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next