Christian Homesteaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» The Beast Revelation
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am by michae1

» Facebook page
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 am by dizzy

» Hilarious video A little garden fun by the cowboy poet Baxter Black
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 am by mountainmama

» An Insurrection Coming
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am by 12acrehome

» Patrice's Patch Garden Journal
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 am by PATRICE IN IL

» lambs and ewes
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm by Farmfresh

» Irish Cuisine Class/Demonstration Recipes
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 6:13 am by PATRICE IN IL

» Prayer request for my dh's aunt
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm by PATRICE IN IL

» How has your day been and what's for dinner...................
God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 5:43 am by PATRICE IN IL

Keywords

Sloppy  recipes  Seasoning  Taco  

Affiliates
free forum

Top posting users this week
No user

God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21

Go down

God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21 Empty God's All Sufficient and Incomparable Love Romans 5:1-11, 19-21

Post by Rohn Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 am

GOD’S ALL SUFFICIENT AND INCOMPARABLE LOVE
Romans 5:1-11, 19-21
Text – verse 8

(Romans 5:1-11) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.  (KJV)
            (Romans 5:19-21) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.  (KJV)
            TEXT:  (Romans 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  (KJV)

I.  What does God’s Love Do for Us?
            In this chapter Paul brings before us the fact of the love of God and what it has done for us.  The first few verses describe to us the discipline that comes into the life of the individual who experiences the reality of the love of God.
            We can’t say that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope; and hope maketh not ashamed, about everybody. 
            Tribulations of this life do not work good on all that are visited by them. On some come despair, on some come hardness, on some come a withdrawal to themselves. But on those who experience the love of God and a dependence on Him it can be said of the, “all things work together for good.”
            The love of God disciplines our lives to a closer walk with God and a more godly life if we allow this love to operate in us.
Tribulation worketh patience; and patience experience, experience in not only knowing how to cope with the same situation again but experience of depending on God.  Drawing us closer to Him, and watching God work both in the situation and in us.  Melting out hearts and blessing us.  Then experience, hope – this hope isn’t because of the tribulation but because of the love of God we enjoy and experience.  Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts.
Now this love of God surpasses all that we as human, finite individuals can comprehend.
We can understand to a degree what human love is.  Love exchanged by individuals.  But the love of God is so much more.  Can you explain it?  Can you tell why God loved you?  Why did he love you in  your sinful state?  Even though yoi were rebellious and going your own way and not even caring about God and the things of God, yet God loved you.  And if you are still going that way, God loves you.  Can you explain it?

The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
It goes beyond the highest star,
And reaches to the lowest hell;
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled,
And pardoned from his sin.

Refrain
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.

When years of time shall pass away,
And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
When men, who here refuse to pray,
On rocks and hills and mountains call,
God’s love so sure, shall still endure,
All measureless and strong;
Redeeming grace to Adam’s race—
The saints’ and angels’ song.

Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

II. Now Look at the Object of This Love.
            “But God commendeth His love toward US.
            We want to put the emphasis on US.  We could say me and make it more personal.  What were we when God loved us?  When we first felt His love for us?  What are you right this minute while you are thinking with me about the love of God toward you?
            He commended His love toward us.  There are a few words or phrases in this 5th chapter of Romans that describes the us that is used here.

1.  (Romans 5:6) For when we were yet without strength, …..  (KJV)
            We were weak.  We didn’t want to admit it but the power to resist just wasn’t there.  We couldn’t resist sin and wrong nor did we have the power to obey God.  If you don’t have the love of God shed abroad in your heart you don’t have the power to resist the enemy of your soul like you should.  You don’t have the power to keep from doing the things you know you ought not do.  You don’t have the power to do the things that you know you should do.  How many people feel like they would like to be a Christian but they can’t live the life?  They are without strength.
            Paul said, (Romans 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth….  (KJV)
            No meekness here.  The gospel is the love of God toward you.  The good news that God loves you and can save you and implant the power in your life to live above the elements of this world and have victory over the enemy of your soul. 
            Our power to live godly lives is due to the power of God.  Show me a person who experiences the love of God down in their heart and I’ll show you  a strong Christian.  They live and breather and eat and sleep in the love of God and His strength. 
            (Acts 17:28) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.  (KJV)

2.  (Romans 5:6) ….in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  (KJV)
            In this sixth verse we are described as ungodly.
            We look at individuals who are vile and sinful and think of them as ungodly and they are.  But the truth is that all men that haven’t the love of God shed abroad in their hearts are ungodly.  They are without God.  That is an awful state to be in.  Without God.
Without God to face the problems of the day.
(Ephesians 2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:  (KJV)
I don’t care whether they are everyday problems or problems of dire circumstances, I need God to guide and to help me.
Without God when things go wrong is a hopeless condition to be in.   When the children get sick, or your companion gets sick, or you get sick or injured.  When your relatives or friends are in need and you can’t pray because you are without God. 
When our children are in need and in trouble and we know God could help but we can’t pray because we are living a godless life.  How hopeless life is without God.
But the good news is that we can be in the place spiritually to get help for those in need.  We don’t have to live ungodly.  God commendeth His love toward us.  Toward those without strength.  Toward the ungodly. 
O love of God, how rich and pure! How measureless and strong! It shall forevermore endure The saints’ and angels’ song.

3.  (Romans 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  (KJV)
            The way this reads brings to our thinking that we don’t have to be sinners.  “While we were yet sinners.”  It sounds like Paul is talking about someone who has experienced the love of God shed abroad in their heart and they are not sinners anymore.
The description here says “sinners.”  The Bible says that murders and robbers and liars, and adulterers and those who practice witchcraft and despisers of parents and those who forget God are all included in the description of the sinner.
It doesn’t separate the good sinner from the bad sinner.  It doesn’t separate the big sinner from the little sinner.  They are all sinners who reject the love of God.  We kind of put sin in different categories but God doesn’t.
(James 4:17) Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  (KJV)
No committed sin outwardly but just as guilty as the liar or thief.  There is only one way to keep from spending eternity with the vile sinner.  “While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”  Come to Jesus, confess your sins and His blood will wash you white as snow.  You then can experience His love in your heart and life.
4.  Another description for us is found in verse 10, “when we were enemies.”
Enemies of God.  This is another thought everyone of us would like to deny.  When we were in sin we were enemies of God. 
(James 4:4) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.  (KJV)
The word enmity and enemy are closely connected.  It means to fight against.  Fight against God. 

(Luke 11:23) He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.  (KJV)

How many people have said, “I wouldn’t do anything against the church or the people of God,” yet their actions and their attitudes toward God are against Him and their lives are telling where their love is and the are against God.

III.  Now Paul tells us that while we were in this condition of being sinners that God commendeth His love toward us.
He showed His love on our behalf.  He did all He could to bring us out of the state we were in.    What is the purpose of God’s love?
(1)  It is to justify us.
(Romans 5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, …..  (KJV) 
To be justified is just as if I had never sinned.  When the blood was applied to my heart I was justified and God now looks on me as if I had never sinned.  The past is all blotted out. 
It doesn’t make any difference what you were it is what you are that counts.  The only way to be what you should be is to have the blood applied and the love of God shed abroad in your heart.

(2)  Justification is experienced now but it also prepares us so we are saved from the wrath to come.  God in His love made a way of escape from the punishment and wrath  He will one day pour out on man because of disobedience and sin.  God’s judgment is sure and when the time is right God will pour out His wrath on this earth because of man’s refusal of His love. 
The awfulness of the Great Tribulation with its wars and famines and disease and earthquakes and all the rest will be evidence of the wrath of God. 
But the saints are looking for His return because they are saved from the wrath to come.  For them the fear of the future is gone as they are assured in their heart of escaping God’s wrath, because they have the experience of His love in their hearts.

(3)  Verse 10 tells us we are reconciled to God.  That is we are at peace with God.  No longer enemies but friends and at peace.  The songwriter wrote:
There’s a peace in my heart That the world never gave.”
When love is recognized it sets our hearts at ease and gives us satisfaction.
To be reconciled means there is nothing between.  We have quit bargaining with God and settled down to live by the Word of God and God’s love has reconciled us to himself.

(4)  (Romans 5:11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.  (KJV)
I believe that one of the purposes of redemption is to bring joy to the hearts of men.  I believe it pleases God when He can look down on us and see us full of joy in the Lord.  John tells us about fellowship one with another and with God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ then he says these things write I unto you that your joy may be full.
Matthew Henry says ,”This joy is the realization of what God has done for us and is doing.  We are saved from the evils of this world but more than that we live in the constant streams of favor from God.  We not only go to heaven, but we go triumphantly.  We not only get into the harbor but we come in with full sale.  Not only saved from his wrath but solacing ourselves in His love.  He is not only our salvation but our strength and our song.”

IV.  Now the provision of receiving this love as our own experience is provided for us by Jesus Christ.
“He gave Himself a ransom for many.”
“Christ died for us” (v.8).
(Romans 5:20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:  (KJV)

We don’t get this love or experience the joy or fellowship of it by our own merits but it is the gift of God unto salvation.
Jesus gave Himself for us,  because of His love for us.
Have you experienced His love?
Rohn
Rohn

Back to top Go down